Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2009, 07:10 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey atvman - this is all you right here:

Front camber mods - quadracerhq.com Forums

should work with your arms, as long as they have replaceable lower balljoints like the 230's.

Old 06-04-2009, 03:09 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Seems kinda obvious now, lol. Q is a sharp fellow!

Old 06-04-2009, 04:37 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hey guys,I just bought a lt230..I believe it is an E model,no clutch pull start.Is that correct?

I paid $200 for it,it needs rear brakes and swing arm bushings...

I have a couple questions though...
1. Would it be possible to convert this quad to the manual clutch?
2.Are there any good suspention upgrades?

I will be searching this whole thread,and trying to learn all I can about the quad,but thought Id ask the questions in the mean time..Thanks.

Old 06-04-2009, 07:14 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally Posted by trx250xman
Hey guys,I just bought a lt230..I believe it is an E model,no clutch pull start.Is that correct?
Probably, not sure. Is it electric start?

1. Would it be possible to convert this quad to the manual clutch?
I don't know, but you'd need a 230s for parts, so why not just get a 230s?

The 230s has one clutch, the E has 3 - a centrifugal, multi-disk wet, and a one-way.

2.Are there any good suspention upgrades?
Works shocks or 250S shocks.

Old 06-04-2009, 07:21 PM
Pro Rider

Yes it is a 230e, "most" parts are interchangeable, don't think you could make it a manual clutch though, doubt it.

Old 06-04-2009, 07:40 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Making some decent stride on the pond, PG. I think I can get it 10 feet down, is that good enough?

I ran into an old stump about 5 feet down. I'm having to dig around it. I also dug up a big rock that is round and smooth, I figure it had to be on the surface at one time and in the weather to get like that. I'm wondering if I'm digging out 5 feet worth of silt? Have you heard of such a thing? After many years, would that much dirt accumulate?

Old 06-04-2009, 07:47 PM
Weekend Warrior

Yes it is an electric start,so it is for sure a 230e...

I have done more reading and it looks like the manual clutch is a no go..

I may just try to get a 230s motor and swap..

Old 06-04-2009, 09:50 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by JustRandy
Making some decent stride on the pond, PG. I think I can get it 10 feet down, is that good enough?

I ran into an old stump about 5 feet down. I'm having to dig around it. I also dug up a big rock that is round and smooth, I figure it had to be on the surface at one time and in the weather to get like that. I'm wondering if I'm digging out 5 feet worth of silt? Have you heard of such a thing? After many years, would that much dirt accumulate?
10ft should be good enough. And yea 5ft of silt can build up faster than you can imagine! That is why you should have so many different sizes of rock, from sand to pea gravel 1/8in 1/2in 3/4in all the way up in the stream feeding the pond. It is a "pre-filter" for the bigger body of water. Google the hoover dam and its growing silt problem, or any dam for that matter..

The theory is, the "heavier" debris is deposited upstream over a long span, and the lighter stuff stays suspended and goes ove the weir/dam, therefore not deposited, lessening the silt build up and aiding the clarity and oxyengenition of the water. There is some real science behind what I am trying to type, but I am sooooooo brain sucked, and worn out from jujitsu, I can barely keep my eyes open.. Hopefully u get the jist.

Oh, dig around the stump and the rock, but leave them there, they = structure which = great for fish!

Old 06-04-2009, 11:33 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally Posted by PoolGod230
10ft should be good enough. And yea 5ft of silt can build up faster than you can imagine! That is why you should have so many different sizes of rock, from sand to pea gravel 1/8in 1/2in 3/4in all the way up in the stream feeding the pond. It is a "pre-filter" for the bigger body of water. Google the hoover dam and its growing silt problem, or any dam for that matter..

The theory is, the "heavier" debris is deposited upstream over a long span, and the lighter stuff stays suspended and goes ove the weir/dam, therefore not deposited, lessening the silt build up and aiding the clarity and oxyengenition of the water. There is some real science behind what I am trying to type, but I am sooooooo brain sucked, and worn out from jujitsu, I can barely keep my eyes open.. Hopefully u get the jist.

Oh, dig around the stump and the rock, but leave them there, they = structure which = great for fish!
I know what you mean about being tired...

Yeah, I was thinking it could fill up fast. I don't have a stream feeding, but there is a stream exiting. The water feeding it runs from all around... Where I'm digging is surrounded by hills on all sides. Not big hills, just modest increases. So, its just a "high spot" in the water table. Most of the water comes from underground and flows out to the ditch and under the road.

Oldtimers say there used to be a pond there. The guy that lived here before farmed that land for who knows how long... He died in his 90's and I saw a pic of him here when he was 30 something. That's 60 yrs or so of disturbing the topsoil!

Loblollies grow there now. A thick coat of pine needle covers the ground. But where I've cut out trails, the water has erroded significant parts of the trail in just a couple years. I don't know which is worse... Me roosting around curves, or the water.

Another question.... What will this pond do to my water table and my well that is 500-600 feet away, uphill?

Old 06-05-2009, 07:46 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by JustRandy
I know what you mean about being tired...

Yeah, I was thinking it could fill up fast. I don't have a stream feeding, but there is a stream exiting. The water feeding it runs from all around... Where I'm digging is surrounded by hills on all sides. Not big hills, just modest increases. So, its just a "high spot" in the water table. Most of the water comes from underground and flows out to the ditch and under the road.

Oldtimers say there used to be a pond there. The guy that lived here before farmed that land for who knows how long... He died in his 90's and I saw a pic of him here when he was 30 something. That's 60 yrs or so of disturbing the topsoil!

Loblollies grow there now. A thick coat of pine needle covers the ground. But where I've cut out trails, the water has erroded significant parts of the trail in just a couple years. I don't know which is worse... Me roosting around curves, or the water.

Another question.... What will this pond do to my water table and my well that is 500-600 feet away, uphill?
Should not mess with your well at all, may even improve it, if filtered properly, of course we are talking about a TON of varibles....... a proper mix of lime (high PH) clay (neutral PH) pine needles and or oak (low PH) plus isn't there a lot of sulfer in the water down there? Or is that just an old Ohio memory I have?

What I am trying to get at, through my muddled lil brain, is, water is one big chemical equation, if we do the math properly it will be good to drink, or we do the math another way, it will be great for fish, yet another way, it will carve canyons,, and build mountains at the same time. One of the most destructive yet vital and life giving elements in the world is simple H2O.......... Christ, I am a pool idiot! Read the above for proof!

Quick Reply: 85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.