Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2009, 11:57 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rough night! First, I absolutely HATE brake jobs, they never go good. Such a pain in the ****!

Second, my new chain is too long. I got the 520x84 which was stock, and it could stand to lose about two-three links now that I put that 39 tooth sprocket on from UGLY.

Speaking of sprockets, the 13 was too big for the case saver from Bike Bandit, so I just left the 12 on for now.

And third, I realized I was missing a sprocket mounting bolt, an also discovered that the ones in there weren't original since they had been lobbed off. So when I went to put them back on, only one would go on right. So I had to go to the Home Depot since it was late and no other hardware stores were open. And of course they raped me as usual. 4 M10 x 35mm bolts, 4 nuts and 2 3 packs of washers and lock washers (WTF? Why would they sell them in three packs??? They should do 2 or 4!!) lightened my wallet by 13 bucks.

So I just didn't have the best of nights! haha!

Hopefully I'll be getting that ASUS laptop tomorrow though. I went to BB today on the way back from school and the 17" Gateway was WAY too big. It also weighs nine pounds! Plus they guy was surprisingly helpful. I always seem to know more than the sales associate I'm talking to but this guy was pretty good. He said the 512mb video card would be just fine for the games I want to play.

Oh and Randy, about you not seeing the Gateway stock, he said they were bought out by ACER.

Old 04-09-2009, 11:58 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Yeah, its in the manual. There's no way it couldn't be in the manual. ITs basic servicing stuff.

I'd have to type in paragraphs and have pics to explain it right. It would take the better part of an hour. There are youtube videos and plenty of tuts online about how to check valve lash.

Old 04-10-2009, 12:01 AM
Pro Rider

Knowing more than the salesman thing reminds me of the motorcycle show a few weeks back. I was talking with one of the Yamaha reps at the show and we were talking about the motor of the YFZ450R, and I was asking him about the relations to the YZF motor and all that jazz. Anyways, then I pointed to the Raptor and said that motor is out of the Grizzly right? And he said yeah. Then I pointed to the Raptor 250 and said that one's out of a 250cc Scooter from Japan, right? And he looked asahmed almost as he said yep, you sure did your homework. lol

Sorry if I told that story before.

Old 04-10-2009, 12:02 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by JustRandy
Yeah, its in the manual. There's no way it couldn't be in the manual. ITs basic servicing stuff.

I'd have to type in paragraphs and have pics to explain it right. It would take the better part of an hour. There are youtube videos and plenty of tuts online about how to check valve lash.
Cool, I'll look it up. Does it go by any other names? Valve lash isn't in the index.

Old 04-10-2009, 12:05 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Help!!!!

I just bought an 86 230qs. This thing is a basketcase, the headlight dims on acceleration, and they had the battery disconnected, would like to find wiring schematics for the bike to see if I can find anything wrong with the wiring. Any help I can get would be very much appreciated, this is my first bike and I'm a little bit stumped on the headlight thing. Thanks in advance, and have a good one. Lou

Old 04-10-2009, 12:06 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally Posted by atvman29
Rough night! First, I absolutely HATE brake jobs, they never go good. Such a pain in the ****!

Second, my new chain is too long. I got the 520x84 which was stock, and it could stand to lose about two-three links now that I put that 39 tooth sprocket on from UGLY.

Speaking of sprockets, the 13 was too big for the case saver from Bike Bandit, so I just left the 12 on for now.

And third, I realized I was missing a sprocket mounting bolt, an also discovered that the ones in there weren't original since they had been lobbed off. So when I went to put them back on, only one would go on right. So I had to go to the Home Depot since it was late and no other hardware stores were open. And of course they raped me as usual. 4 M10 x 35mm bolts, 4 nuts and 2 3 packs of washers and lock washers (WTF? Why would they sell them in three packs??? They should do 2 or 4!!) lightened my wallet by 13 bucks.

So I just didn't have the best of nights! haha!

Hopefully I'll be getting that ASUS laptop tomorrow though. I went to BB today on the way back from school and the 17" Gateway was WAY too big. It also weighs nine pounds! Plus they guy was surprisingly helpful. I always seem to know more than the sales associate I'm talking to but this guy was pretty good. He said the 512mb video card would be just fine for the games I want to play.

Oh and Randy, about you not seeing the Gateway stock, he said they were bought out by ACER.

Your life sounds like mine.... Either everything goes right or nothing does.

Oh, I didn't know acer bought gtw.... You'd think they'd change the name then, lol. I wonder if they still have to moo-cow boxes?

Its easy to make the chain shorter. Just get a drift punch and a hammer and drive the pin out of the chain. Once you get the pin started moving, a 16d nail might drive it on out. Or go to the dealer n ask if they can break it for you.

Old 04-10-2009, 12:08 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Old 04-10-2009, 12:25 AM
Weekend Warrior

Justrandy, thanks for the schematic, that should help quite a bit.

Old 04-10-2009, 12:30 AM
Elite Pro Rider

No problem. Hangout if you want.

Old 04-10-2009, 01:08 AM
Weekend Warrior

I surely will, I'm finding lots of good stuff about the 230. I was wondering if you might know what could be causing my headlight to dim on acceleration.

Quick Reply: 85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.