Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2009, 01:18 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lou7777
I surely will, I'm finding lots of good stuff about the 230. I was wondering if you might know what could be causing my headlight to dim on acceleration.

I don't know.... It doesn't make sense. What quad do you have? You said you have a battery???

You can find out here: http://www.alpha-sports.com/suzuki_atv_parts.htm and also view schematics.

Maybe something with the alternator or rectifier??? Loose wires? Bad grounds???

Old 04-10-2009, 07:50 AM
Weekend Warrior

I don't know.... It doesn't make sense. What quad do you have? You said you have a battery???

You can find out here: http://www.alpha-sports.com/suzuki_atv_parts.htm and also view schematics.

Maybe something with the alternator or rectifier??? Loose wires? Bad grounds???

I just looked on alpha sports and found out it's an ;86 LTF230. The wiring on it is a nightmare, so I'm gonna guess I've got a bad ground or loose wire. I'll try to dig into it a little this weekend and see what I can find, so far all I can tell is that they had most of the wires disconnected, as well as the battery and electric starter. Thanks for that site, I didn't have a clue what it was until I looked on there.

Old 04-10-2009, 10:26 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by JustRandy
Is work picking up any in Iowa? I live in the carpet capital and carpet is the last thing people buy for houses, so it will be a LONG time before things get back to normal around here.
nope, its pretty grim around here. i've still got a coupla months of unemployment bennies so i'm not gonna sweat it. i might get called back this summer. the worst part is my "better half" busting my chops. pfft! what's new...
on the other hand, i'm thinking of starting my own business. i've been doing a little research and i think i can make a go of it.

Poolgod, good luck w/ slum-lording! i've benn a slumlord for about 12 yrs now. started out with an old duplex. a coupla yrs ago we bought an old tri-plex and we're living in the big downstairs unit and rent out the 2 upstairs units. and yes, good tenants can be hard to find. we've taken a few lumps along the way but live & learn.

Old 04-10-2009, 11:46 AM
Pro Rider

What kind of business are you going to try to open up Malhombre?

Old 04-10-2009, 02:17 PM
Pro Rider

Alright, the local Polaris dealer said they'd break my chain for $5, so I'm going to do that. Cheaper than buying a chain breaker.

This sucks, last night as I was using a screwdriver to push my caliper piston back in for the new brake pads, and in the blindness of my rage I bent the caliper mounting bracket So when I try to put it on, it sticks out farther than the inside brake pad! So today I've got the file out and I'm filing the little bit down. Guess that's what I get for not quitting while I'm angry!

Old 04-10-2009, 02:18 PM
Pro Rider

Anyone have any tricks for re-sticking corners of stickers that are peeling up?

Old 04-10-2009, 02:35 PM
Pro Rider

The new Garage feature is cool! I can't help but feel like it was my idea too!

http://forums.atvconnection.com/showthread.php?t=310254

I need some help on a nickname for mine. Any ideas? Maybe something to do with it being the only blue 230S I've seen on here? bot Old Blue though, that makes me think of an old Yamaha.

Old 04-10-2009, 02:40 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by atvman29
Anyone have any tricks for re-sticking corners of stickers that are peeling up?
try a tiny bit of superglue.
i'm thinking of starting up a barnwood reclaimation & rustic furniture business. lots of old barns falling down around here and i got the space and skills to make it go.

Old 04-10-2009, 02:43 PM
Pro Rider

i posted a pic in my garage and nicknamed it "Mid-life Crisis"

Old 04-10-2009, 03:20 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally Posted by atvman29
Alright, the local Polaris dealer said they'd break my chain for $5, so I'm going to do that. Cheaper than buying a chain breaker.

This sucks, last night as I was using a screwdriver to push my caliper piston back in for the new brake pads, and in the blindness of my rage I bent the caliper mounting bracket So when I try to put it on, it sticks out farther than the inside brake pad! So today I've got the file out and I'm filing the little bit down. Guess that's what I get for not quitting while I'm angry!
Damn... 5 bucks! Well,,, be sure to take a jar of vaseline with you. That ****es me off. It would take them 2 seconds to break it and they want 5 bucks!?!? Damn stealerships.

Your new hobby should be garage-saling for tools. The girlfriend would like that too. You could spend the day together driving around on saturday to all the sales.

Quick Reply: 85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.