Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2009, 01:46 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm new here on the forum and am in the process of trying to fix my brothers '87 230 quad sport. It shifts really hard and only goes to third gear, is it an internal transmission problem? Also it starts great but every once in a while it just wont start no matter how manny times you kick it. Any tips or info?

Old 04-14-2009, 06:15 PM
Weekend Warrior

I figured out what was wrong with my ltf230, it's the ignition switch, one of the wires came un-soldered. I just have to figure out where it goes so I can reconnect it.

Old 04-14-2009, 06:52 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by atvman29
Cool, thanks. They have some pretty neat stuff for the 230's. And they still seem to have the stuff available.

http://prm-atv.com/MN.asp?pg=products&grp=71&mfr=5

Decent prices too.

Do their grab bars tie into the taillight mount?
The six pack rack does tie in on mine, couldn't tell you on the others.
PRM makes real quality stuff, I have the 6 pack rack and front bumper, beautiful welding!

Old 04-14-2009, 08:52 PM
Range Rover

supposed to quit raining tomorrow, gonna try to "break" her in. have a plot of land just down the road that i have been scoping out. it is a 1/2 to 3/4 mile stretch where the high power lines run from the highway to the river. the electric company owns it(i conveniently work for them) and it is just nice a flat where i could get a couple nice runs to get the quad rings broke in. i don't want to trailer an hour to ride on the trails and find out i have something wrong and then trailer all the way back. wish i had some extra money to buy some land of my own.

Old 04-14-2009, 08:57 PM
Range Rover

oh yeah, while it was crappy out today, i did put the ktm 125 bottom end together. what a pain in the ****. tranny gears kept hanging up and couldn't get the crank to sit straight while i put the cases together. had the furnace on to get a little heat, but after a few minutes of wrestling with the cases, i was sweating my butt off. got it all together. going to put the piston and cylinder on tomorrow morning and hopefully put it in the frame. need carb parts, and cannot find crap for it online (they quit making parts for this a few years ago). i found a place, but they are in austria. oh, well. that's what i get for taking on something that i didn't research.

Old 04-14-2009, 10:11 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

picked up my can w/ the new spark arrestor tonight.
all i can say is wow, just wow! the boys at the shop do awesome work! i can't say enough good things about Mumm's. they are, hands down, the best builder of all things fast and fun to ride!

Old 04-14-2009, 10:31 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by MalHombre
picked up my can w/ the new spark arrestor tonight.
all i can say is wow, just wow! the boys at the shop do awesome work! i can't say enough good things about Mumm's. they are, hands down, the best builder of all things fast and fun to ride!
can u give me an address phone number and or email for them? My goal was to make my 230 like yours, I got close and failed several times (to be expected with ME doing the wrenching!) I have realized when to give up...yet again, I give up! I gave the 32mm carb to Randy, and I am ready to start over, yet again..

Old 04-14-2009, 10:50 PM
Pro Rider

I'd love to buy a small dead field close to home. Just buy it from the farmer for cheap and tell him he can dump any rocks, sand, or logs on there he wants. Then I could use it for a 4x4 terrain park in addition to the MX track I'd have!

Maybe someday when I'm raking in tons of dough

Old 04-14-2009, 10:52 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by PoolGod230
can u give me an address phone number and or email for them? My goal was to make my 230 like yours, I got close and failed several times (to be expected with ME doing the wrenching!) I have realized when to give up...yet again, I give up! I gave the 32mm carb to Randy, and I am ready to start over, yet again..
So PG, are you on a rolling chassis w/o a motor? What's your status?

Old 04-14-2009, 10:59 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ok Randy, you convinced me. i found a nice Toshiba laptop at BestBuy that i like. nothing fancy but affordable. don't really want Windows Vista but unless i can find a copy of XP Pro, i guess i can get used to it. just need to find a comfy wireless mouse.

Quick Reply: 85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.