Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2009, 10:59 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by atvman29
I'd love to buy a small dead field close to home. Just buy it from the farmer for cheap and tell him he can dump any rocks, sand, or logs on there he wants. Then I could use it for a 4x4 terrain park in addition to the MX track I'd have!

Maybe someday when I'm raking in tons of dough
lol, same here. i have run ads on our local craigslist trying to find unusable land or pasture land not being used, i have tried to rent land, buy land, but once 4 wheelers are mentioned, no deal. wtf!!! since i got hurt, i don't have near the cash as i used to either. i want to buy some land too, but everything is an hour away.

Old 04-14-2009, 11:07 PM
Pro Rider

Malhombre, my new laptop has Vista and its my first Vista system, I like it a lot. They've got the kinks worked out pretty good now and I haven't had any problems with it.

Wireless mice are cheap; I got mine for 29.99 and its very nice. It even has side scrolling on the wheel!

Which Toshiba are you looking at? You can find reviews @ www.cnet.com

Old 04-14-2009, 11:09 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by rockout
lol, same here. i have run ads on our local craigslist trying to find unusable land or pasture land not being used, i have tried to rent land, buy land, but once 4 wheelers are mentioned, no deal. wtf!!! since i got hurt, i don't have near the cash as i used to either. i want to buy some land too, but everything is an hour away.
I've actually posted ads on Craig's too! haha, not a single response though.

Old 04-14-2009, 11:15 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by atvman29
So PG, are you on a rolling chassis w/o a motor? What's your status?
Thats is where I am at,a pretty rolling chassis! I have a 270 engine, mostly melted (litterally, it went up in flames its maiden voyage, Randy saw pix)and 2, 260's in need of assembly, and no less than 5, 1 to 2 over bore's in boxes!
I have a ton of parts, and zero drive, due to my many failures at pretending to be a mechanic! I have no excuse except, I cannot focus on the task at hand long enough to finish it. FINALLY, the wallet might allow me to send an engine out to someone that truly knows what they are doing, mumms the word? maybe?

Tell you this, taking care of LIFE and family and everything that comes with it can be very time consuming. It can really eat up your spare time, and money. But it is way worth it.

I love this lil bike, but it has been a bitch making it a priority in my life. no matter what happens in LIFE, I still come back to this lil polished turd we call a 230s, and someday it will live again!

In the words of our boy Bigmc, keep em alive! Though I just kill em!

Old 04-14-2009, 11:22 PM
Range Rover

well poolgod, the only advise i have is, take your time. everytime i break into a motor, i think of the good ol days in the car dealership, fast equals money. not in this case. take your time to make sure everything is right. i don't know crap about quads or dirt bikes, but last week, i had my lt230 tore down measuring the crank/rod plus replacing piston and cam, had my son's yz80 completely tore down with the cases split replacing the transmission, and then i picked up another project ktm 125 that needs a complete lower end. i kept all projects clearly away from each other and picked all tools and materials after working on each. now the only thing left is the ktm (which i can't find parts for). the lt230 needs broke in and i was riding wheelies on the yz80 a couple of days ago. now i have the daughters lt125 on the lift for service and i so badly wish i could find parts for the old ktm.

Old 04-14-2009, 11:29 PM
Pro Rider

well poolgod, the only advise i have is, take your time. everytime i break into a motor, i think of the good ol days in the car dealership, fast equals money. not in this case. take your time to make sure everything is right. i don't know crap about quads or dirt bikes, but last week, i had my lt230 tore down measuring the crank/rod plus replacing piston and cam, had my son's yz80 completely tore down with the cases split replacing the transmission, and then i picked up another project ktm 125 that needs a complete lower end. i kept all projects clearly away from each other and picked all tools and materials after working on each. now the only thing left is the ktm (which i can't find parts for). the lt230 needs broke in and i was riding wheelies on the yz80 a couple of days ago. now i have the daughters lt125 on the lift for service and i so badly wish i could find parts for the old ktm.

I appreciate the words of wisdom, and I understand them, but I swear, I can't get this right to save anyones life! I am great with puzzles, I follow directions with precision, hell, I can build an impossible water park for you in my sleep!! But I keep messing up a very simple combustion engine..

Old 04-14-2009, 11:44 PM
Range Rover

lol, i understand. i have learned from my mistakes and have been really really lucky putting motors together. i used to build them for customers, but gave it up after it took too much of my time and not enough compensation( hard to charge full price to friends and people you know well). i just had my wifes cousin come over this weekend wanting a chopper built. i told him a few hundred to put it together. i should have told him a couple thousand. i don't think he has the dough to buy the kit anyways.

Old 04-14-2009, 11:56 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally Posted by PoolGod230
I appreciate the words of wisdom, and I understand them, but I swear, I can't get this right to save anyones life! I am great with puzzles, I follow directions with precision, hell, I can build an impossible water park for you in my sleep!! But I keep messing up a very simple combustion engine..
You didn't mess up... It was just a freak thing that happened when you jumped and wrecked. You're too hard on yourself. After all, the quad was running pretty doggone good before that happened, right?

Old 04-15-2009, 12:06 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally Posted by MalHombre
ok Randy, you convinced me. i found a nice Toshiba laptop at BestBuy that i like. nothing fancy but affordable. don't really want Windows Vista but unless i can find a copy of XP Pro, i guess i can get used to it. just need to find a comfy wireless mouse.
LOL! Good for you man! I don't want vista either.... its just more bloat. I'd still be running win98se if all the software I need would support it. Can't beat 98 for speed.

Old 04-15-2009, 12:11 AM
Elite Pro Rider

The problem is there is no way for a land owner to protect himself. I worry just letting friends since 6th grade ride on my land. They won't sue me, but their insurance companies might. Even drawing up a contract won't help. Let someone ride on your land.... just go ahead n sign the deed.

So, if you want a piece of land for yourself, just go find a nice site and break your arm on it. Its yours now.

Quick Reply: 85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.