Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2009, 08:53 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by atvman29
Speaking of that, I bashed that thing up pretty dam bad when I was doing my 30' tabletop! I was working on tightening up my exhaust, which I have another question about, and looked on the bottom side of the can to find a huge gash where the can slammed the rotor!! Didn't seem to affect performance though, and it didn't break through, just made a huge dent. And by the looks of it, it happened quite a few times. Maybe I should look into a 230E shock like lt230sman did. I was going to tighten mine up, but realized it was all the way tight already.

But anyways, can I use JB weld on exhaust? MY exhaust rattles like a mother where the head and mid-pipe meet. I have the clamp as tight as she goes and the stupid thing they call a gasket is an impossibly thin piece of sheet steel. So i was just curious if I could JB that shut if I clean it up nice. Then I won't have all that nasty soot on top of my motor!

Also, josmuck, join the LT230S social group I sent you an invite for! We were the very first social group, and only a few shy of the biggest!
I don't know if jb will work. Motomans says not to use it there. You're losing all kinds of power by letting that leak. If exhaust comes out the hole, then air is going in instead of scavenging more a/f mix. Just get the right gasket. It can't cost that much.

Old 05-12-2009, 08:59 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Yeah, Jo, hang out for a while. I have a few questions about the German economy anyway.

Atvman, what is the social club???? What's it good for?

Old 05-12-2009, 10:10 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by JustRandy
Yeah, Jo, hang out for a while. I have a few questions about the German economy anyway.

Atvman, what is the social club???? What's it good for?
Its good for seeing if we can get a larger group than the Polaris guys! Go to the quick links tab on this site and under that menu you should see social groups. Its not terribly excitibg.

Old 05-12-2009, 10:20 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Maybe I'm too old to understand. I have a 22 yr old friend in OH I stay in touch with. He sends me myspace messages instead of regular emails. I hate that! It means I have to dig out my password, log into myspace just to see what the hell he said when he could have just sent a quick email or something. I don't get it. It takes me 15 extra clicks of the mouse to read a myspace message as opposed to an email.

Old 05-12-2009, 11:47 AM
Range Rover

Where do you live?

I'm looking out the window and see the mountains.

I was in Miami Oct of 2005 for hurricane Wilma. Although a cool experience to witness a hurricane go right over my head, I wouldn't want to own anything there. One guy moved his porsche to a more "secure" location... By morning a roofing tile had smashed the top of it!

Hurricane Wilma - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Effects of Hurricane Wilma in Florida - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And as bad as that sucker was, we had directTV the entire time... Until the wind blew a piece of something into the dish and moved it. When the power was back on a few days later, I just moved the dish back.
me i live on a little island just south of nova scotia canada

Old 05-12-2009, 11:56 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally Posted by jory230
me i live on a little island just south of nova scotia canada
Cool! Shouldn't be any hurricanes that far north.

Old 05-12-2009, 12:06 PM
Range Rover

Cool! Shouldn't be any hurricanes that far north.

youd be surprised hurricane juan hit us pretty damn hard but no we dont get that many, its all tropical storms by the time they get here

Old 05-12-2009, 12:13 PM
Elite Pro Rider

youd be surprised hurricane juan hit us pretty damn hard but no we dont get that many, its all tropical storms by the time they get here
What about nor'easters?

How is the lobster fishing?

Old 05-12-2009, 12:15 PM
Range Rover

What about nor'easters?

How is the lobster fishing?
nor easters all the time, lobstering is horrible, theres no price for them. but dads catches are really good. but with this economy... i think the price this year when the season opened up it was 3.50 a pound as of last year it was 6 dollars a pound canadian

Old 05-12-2009, 12:26 PM
Elite Pro Rider

nor easters all the time, lobstering is horrible, theres no price for them. but dads catches are really good. but with this economy... i think the price this year when the season opened up it was 3.50 a pound as of last year it was 6 dollars a pound canadian
Wow, that's a big drop! The us dollar is up against the canadian over the last year too.... You'd think the lobster would be even cheaper to the US citizens, but I guess people don't have the money to spend on fancy food like lobster. Sounds tasty to me though. Do you get sick of eating lobster?

Quick Reply: 85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.