Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2009, 11:00 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by atvman29
I'm working on getting my foot pegs figured out, here's some pics of the situation:

Not too hard to see the failure here!!

Even the mount plate is bent!

Grade 8.8 Bolt

I'm half thinking about contacting DG about this. Now that I see that the mounting bracket on the nerf bar bent all to he||, maybe its something I could throw back to them and see if I can get a new set.

Here's from their site:

Q: Can you explain the warranty on DG products.
A: DG Performance will warranty product manufactured by DG for 30 days from date of purchase. The 30-day warranty applies to manufactured defects only. This warranty does NOT apply to damaged product from a crash or subsequent damage. If you feel your part in question is applicable, you can call our customer service person.

So I don't know, its worth a shot. The vehicle wasn't crashed, so I guess we'll see. Can you imagine how tore up they would have been if they were aluminum!?!
haha WOW, I'm glad i didnt use the included bolt with my dg nerfs (same things u got) i had a feeling it was crap, guess i was right. the stock bolt worked just fine for me...

Old 05-10-2009, 11:44 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by lt230sman
haha WOW, I'm glad i didnt use the included bolt with my dg nerfs (same things u got) i had a feeling it was crap, guess i was right. the stock bolt worked just fine for me...
How'd you get the stock bolt to work? Wasn't it too short with the stupid spacers? I still have the original one so I guess I'll try it out.

Old 05-10-2009, 11:56 PM
Elite Pro Rider

If the stock bolt is long enough, it might be strong enough. The stock bolt is bigger because it hasn't had threads cut out of it. Plus its harder because the "surface metal" wasn't cut away cutting the threads.

Old 05-11-2009, 12:10 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by JustRandy
If the stock bolt is long enough, it might be strong enough. The stock bolt is bigger because it hasn't had threads cut out of it. Plus its harder because the "surface metal" wasn't cut away cutting the threads.
That makes sense I just don't think its long enough! I guess I'll find out tomorrow for sure.

Old 05-11-2009, 12:29 AM
Pro Rider

Check out the swinger on this thing!

85 suzuki lt 230 atv

Got to be a plus 4, right? I should buy it, and sell the swingarm for the purchase price! lol

Old 05-11-2009, 12:36 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally Posted by atvman29
Check out the swinger on this thing!

85 suzuki lt 230 atv

Got to be a plus 4, right? I should buy it, and sell the swingarm for the purchase price! lol
Can you get that much for it?

Old 05-11-2009, 12:26 PM
Trailblazer
Default what now?

Hi everybody I am back. I was here about 1,5 year ago or longer when I started working on my 230s but lost interest and just decided to get it back together to have some fun on it. After coming back to this thread and trying like hell to read from where I started off I am now highly motivated and want to get some stuff done on it. The 2 things I am looking at the most is suspension and maybe a better carb if that is worth the money. I have read a lot about how to widen the A-arms but am not sure which is the easiest and what shocks I can use?
how about these?? They are from a LTZ 400

Suzuki LTZ400 Fahrwerk K8 (nur 900km) bei eBay.de: Quad-Teile (endet 15.05.09 20:39:01 MESZ)

OK it is in German but you get what I mean. What is easier the original extended A-arms or using them from the 250r? Also is there a back Axel I can use that is a little wider? Here in Germany there are a **** load of trails in the woods from tractors but right now due to the width of the ruts from the tractors it throws the quad right and left and i kinda thought it would make is stabiler.

Cya Brian

Old 05-11-2009, 12:39 PM
Elite Pro Rider

I think the 250r arms are short because the frame is wider. The 250s arms are longer though, but very difficult to find.

What is easier depends on your welding skills.

The back axle from the 250S is longer and I think the 250R is longer as well.

Those shocks look pretty long. You'll have to raise your upper mounts to squeeze them in. I'm pretty happy with the 250S shocks, which are a couple inches longer.... Er, I mean 4-5 cm longer.

This may be of some help: http://www.worksperformance.com/pdf/app_guide/atv.pdf

Old 05-11-2009, 12:57 PM
Trailblazer

the problem with the 250s shocks they are a pain in the **** to find. Over here you find the ltz shocks a lot on ebay becouse germans love to lower them for street use??? stupidest thing i have ever seen. It is like taking a corvet and putting in on dirt. Ok if i can find the 250s shocks is it a lot or work to use the 250s A-arms as well? is the back axel kind plug and play?

Thanks for any help there will be a lot more ???? coming

Old 05-11-2009, 01:00 PM
Trailblazer

BTW Randy as much as i have read i got to say u have put a lot of energy in this thread

Quick Reply: 85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.