Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2010, 09:08 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh, and everyone takes the airbox lid off for more power. Its ok so long as you have a good filter with a tight seal, or else you'll wear out the intake valve like this:

Name:  250valve2a.jpg
Views: 3156
Size:  53.0 KB

Old 01-21-2010, 04:13 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default lt 230 frame

hey thanks for the pics, but its not the swinger thats messed up. its the bolt hole on the frame. as far as i can tell 1 frame is mushroomed in about 1/8th inch and the other frame is egg shaped toward the right foot peg a little bit before the 1/8th inch mark. i am currently riding the one with the egg shaped hole but i have to use 2 washers to fill a gap in between the swinger and the frame. my question is what frame should i use?

i bought both of them for about $600.00 one non-running and one purring like a kitten. and neither of them had good swinger bearings. that was fun to change. the swinger bolt was siezed in the spacers had to use a steering wheel puller and a log chain to drive the bolt out. maybe i warped the frame out a lil bit. so far the frame i am using hasnt thrown a chain and its been since October of 09'. i'll try to get the pics of the frame that is mushroomed out posted later tonight. thanks guys for the help

Old 01-21-2010, 07:59 PM
Pro Rider

Does this seem weird? Parting out a whole wheeler just because of shifter linkage?

1994 Polaris 300 4x4 ATV - Parting Out

EDIT: He just called me back and said he's sick of putting money into it and he can't find a linkage for less than $280. He's not interested in a sled though.

Old 01-21-2010, 08:11 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by Trailrider230s
hey thanks for the pics, but its not the swinger thats messed up. its the bolt hole on the frame. as far as i can tell 1 frame is mushroomed in about 1/8th inch and the other frame is egg shaped toward the right foot peg a little bit before the 1/8th inch mark. i am currently riding the one with the egg shaped hole but i have to use 2 washers to fill a gap in between the swinger and the frame. my question is what frame should i use?

i bought both of them for about $600.00 one non-running and one purring like a kitten. and neither of them had good swinger bearings. that was fun to change. the swinger bolt was siezed in the spacers had to use a steering wheel puller and a log chain to drive the bolt out. maybe i warped the frame out a lil bit. so far the frame i am using hasnt thrown a chain and its been since October of 09'. i'll try to get the pics of the frame that is mushroomed out posted later tonight. thanks guys for the help
I wonder if you could drill it out and sleeve it? Is there enough material there for that?

Old 01-21-2010, 08:52 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally Posted by Trailrider230s

I'd just weld a washer to the frame. And buy a new bolt.

Old 01-21-2010, 08:53 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally Posted by atvman29
Does this seem weird? Parting out a whole wheeler just because of shifter linkage?

1994 Polaris 300 4x4 ATV - Parting Out

EDIT: He just called me back and said he's sick of putting money into it and he can't find a linkage for less than $280. He's not interested in a sled though.
Still searching diligently huh lol

Old 01-23-2010, 01:38 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by JustRandy
Still searching diligently huh lol
Sure thing! Ain't over till I'm signing a bill of sale!

So....take a peak at this one. Do you suppose its simply a timing issue?

Mechanics Special 500 Sportsman HO

Old 01-23-2010, 09:39 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally Posted by atvman29
Sure thing! Ain't over till I'm signing a bill of sale!

So....take a peak at this one. Do you suppose its simply a timing issue?

Mechanics Special 500 Sportsman HO

Idk... if it starts n runs, what's wrong with it?

Old 01-24-2010, 12:26 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by JustRandy
Idk... if it starts n runs, what's wrong with it?
Sold, so I guess we'll never know!

Next in line is this little number....

1991 Suzuki Samurai

Whatcha think?? He's a little interested in my sled, kinda wants money he said, but its also been listed for almost half a month....

Old 01-24-2010, 10:04 AM
Pro Rider

that would be a great deal. zukis like that are small and nimble in the woods, and considering how well 32" tsl's worked on my 2wd ranger, im sure that thing would be VERY capable. however, 5.13 gears are awfully low for such small tires. it would probably be revving out cruising down the freeway.

Quick Reply: 85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.