Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2010, 09:53 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if it wont let you start after its warm then one of your coils is heating up and you dont have spark........and or your choke is sticking and flooding out..........

Old 10-01-2010, 09:33 AM
Trailblazer

i just got my 86 put back together after 4 months of "rebuilding" (new bore and top end, just didnt have time to finish it) starts good, runs good, etc...

my problem: it is spitting out gas from what i am assuming is the overflow on the carb after i shut it off. It spits a little out the hose, then sits for 5 mins or so, then spits more out again. I know my petcock isnt sealing properly, so gas is constantly flowing down there, but i should be able to leave the gas on and nothing should be coming out the overflow. What adjustment do i need to make to the carb? where should i start?

Thanks,
86Zuk

Old 10-01-2010, 01:37 PM
Pro Rider

Float is set to high or sticking, allowing gas to fill the bowl

Old 10-02-2010, 08:15 AM
Trailblazer

thats what i assumed, just lookin for some confirmation before i take the carb back apart again.

thanks

Old 10-03-2010, 07:50 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by 86zuk
i just got my 86 put back together after 4 months of "rebuilding" (new bore and top end, just didnt have time to finish it) starts good, runs good, etc...

my problem: it is spitting out gas from what i am assuming is the overflow on the carb after i shut it off. It spits a little out the hose, then sits for 5 mins or so, then spits more out again. I know my petcock isnt sealing properly, so gas is constantly flowing down there, but i should be able to leave the gas on and nothing should be coming out the overflow. What adjustment do i need to make to the carb? where should i start?

Thanks,
86Zuk
I have the same problem. There was an orange piece of plastic in my carb that went around the main jet that was blocking the float from closing that didn't look like it did anything so I took it off but gas still leaks out. Now I think it is the float valve but I haven't got a rebuild kit yet to replace it. Let me know if you get it fixed.

Old 10-04-2010, 09:00 AM
Trailblazer

it must have just been stuck from when i put it back together the other night, cause i ran the pi$$ out of it for about an hour saturday afternoon and now its fine. No overflow, and no idling problems. Runs like a top. it must have gotten itself un-stuck

Old 10-08-2010, 09:40 PM
BigMc
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Gotta ask a question. Does anyone know how i can get my 230 to run without me? I coud never sale it, but since my son came into this world, i no longer get a chance to ride. Guess it could be moth balled, waiting on him to grow up. But will there be anywhere to ride it in 15 years?
I have always been amazed at how well the "230 help" forum has done. I drop in from time to time expecting the last post to be 6 mounths old. You guys have a passion for this machine that far exceeds anything I could have imagined.
Think I will take the old girl out this weekend. That is if I can get it started

keep-em-alive

BigMc

Old 10-08-2010, 09:43 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Hey Bigmc. i just joined not long ago. i read alot of your posts and built my bike by it. swing over to my profile an check it out. i am working on the engine and shocks right now.

Old 10-12-2010, 02:59 AM
Trailblazer

I need some motor help. Im goin big bore here soon and I need to know what carb to use for MAXIMUM power. I've heard 32-34mm? Am I just hearin things? Whats the one Vince sells?

Im stock now and burnin' more and more oil every ride. But she starts good and can absolutely obliterate a stock warrior 350 with a healthy motor. But of course, I need MOAR POWER.

Old 10-12-2010, 06:29 PM
Trailblazer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got a 1986 Suzuki 230lts, but lately I've had some problems with it, it seams to running bad when it gets to running for a while, When you really get after it for a while like running down a long strait away or racing at high rpms around our track. It has a very low idle, if you blurb the gas it will stall most of the time but it will usually start back up, The valves were re-adjusted, air filter cleaned and carb cleaned, should i try some thicker oil? right now im running 10w 40, any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Quick Reply: 85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.