Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2010, 08:26 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys I've been reading this thread for a while now and it is SO helpful. I just decided to join about 3 minutes ago and was wondering if you guys know of any good aftermarket parts for my 230. I already have a new exhaust and nerf bars. I also decided not to go for the Quadracer axle or the extended swingarm because I ride thru the woods and already have trouble getting in between trees as it is and I like to ride wheelies so the swingarm is out.

Old 10-12-2010, 09:51 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 87lt230S
Hey guys I've been reading this thread for a while now and it is SO helpful. I just decided to join about 3 minutes ago and was wondering if you guys know of any good aftermarket parts for my 230. I already have a new exhaust and nerf bars. I also decided not to go for the Quadracer axle or the extended swingarm because I ride thru the woods and already have trouble getting in between trees as it is and I like to ride wheelies so the swingarm is out.
well the extra width doesnt hurt. i have a +3 +6 Douglas blue label wheels and the extra width actually helped. i ride nothin but trails. the swing arm extension is a bit of a hassle,but if you got up in horse power its a great idea to extend it out about 4 inches.
As far as aftermarket parts, PRM ATV is a good place i have a front bumper from them and Rockymountainatv.com and denniskirk.com are also good places. What all aftermarket parts are you looking for?

Old 10-12-2010, 09:53 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by tomgodair
I might pick up a new rear axle off of one then if I can find one cheap. I'm going to need new bearings anyways in about 4 months, so if I am taking off the axle, probably should upgrade.
Ebay has a few reasonable priced 250r axles. i was just there looking at a spare for myself.

Old 10-12-2010, 10:19 PM
Pro Rider

I might pick up a new rear axle off of one then if I can find one cheap. I'm going to need new bearings anyways in about 4 months, so if I am taking off the axle, probably should upgrade.
hey i just read your shifting problems. if you want a better shifter buy one that is originally for a Yamaha Blaster. the blaster shifter is the right length and bend which works perfectly on a 230s.

and rebuilding your clutch sounds like what you need to do. and make sure the clutch is adjusted properly. you want your clutch to start engaging when you start releasing the lever and when you are rolling down the road bump the throttle it should bout give you wishlash if it is fully engaged.

Old 10-13-2010, 05:36 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by Trailrider230s
well the extra width doesnt hurt. i have a +3 +6 Douglas blue label wheels and the extra width actually helped. i ride nothin but trails. the swing arm extension is a bit of a hassle,but if you got up in horse power its a great idea to extend it out about 4 inches.
As far as aftermarket parts, PRM ATV is a good place i have a front bumper from them and Rockymountainatv.com and denniskirk.com are also good places. What all aftermarket parts are you looking for?
Im really leaning towards getting just performance parts and engine mods because I plan on racing it sometime soon so just anything that would give me an advantage over the competition.

Old 10-13-2010, 06:36 PM
BigMc
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Trailrider230s
Hey Bigmc. i just joined not long ago. i read alot of your posts and built my bike by it. swing over to my profile an check it out. i am working on the engine and shocks right now.
The Mistress huh? Cant think of a more fitting term for these things. Do you work webster?

Old 10-13-2010, 06:39 PM
Trailblazer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Chris, did you try adjusting the carb. Correct me if I'm wrong, I don't have the manual handy, but you turn it in just before it gets too tight so you dont damage the carb and then its aprox. two turns out, give or take 0.5 turns.
Yup thanks I started it up waited until it got to running temp cleaned the gas out of the bowl(quick revs of the throttle) then i turned the idle up a little so it wouldn't stall and turned in the fuel mixture screw until it was snug then i went out 2.5 turns and now it runs like a top.

Old 10-13-2010, 07:23 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by BigMc
The Mistress huh? Cant think of a more fitting term for these things. Do you work webster?
yep i work as a full time contractor, and part business owner. I named my 230 The Mistress because well i spent more time with her than at home.

Old 10-13-2010, 07:31 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by 87lt230S
Im really leaning towards getting just performance parts and engine mods because I plan on racing it sometime soon so just anything that would give me an advantage over the competition.
well just ask BigMc, shock upgrades go a long way. if you want to win with all your body parts in check. a nice soft landing after a triple jump is nice. i own the distance record in my riding buddies of 63 feet and i wish i had the shocks that woulda handled it. there is alot more to racing than horse power, getting the right grip to the ground and sticking to the corners while flat trackin the *** end around is a big help. i just changed my shock set up and i improved my track and GNCC times incredibly better. Over a 15% reduction in lap times.

Old 10-13-2010, 08:25 PM
Weekend Warrior

Dear Trailrider230s,
I have looked at aftermarket shocks and they are WAY too expensive. The quad itself only $800 and one shock is $600 and I really don't have that kind of money. Now if there are other shocks that fit it ( and don't cost me an arm and a leg ) that would be different. I have researched about this and have not found any shocks that fit without modification.

Quick Reply: 85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.