Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2011, 05:21 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what is the best manual to go by when rebuilding an engine? Clymers or the one from Vincescycle.com

Old 05-01-2011, 05:23 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by hunter71495
yea i did take the jets out and got a little wire from a spool we have and pushed it through the jets like when you clean the barrel of a rifle, thus getting most of the junk. Used quite a bit of carb cleaner too. I got some junk outa them but not very much.
For me I was cleaned the carb 2 or 3 times and everything look ok to me but it still wasn’t Running that good. I got a carb rebuild kit for it and looked at the new jet and the old jet at the same Time and found a difference in the size of the jet hole. I cleaned to old jet out with wire and now have a spare. Looked like gas build-up was closing up the hole just a little but that’s all it takes for things not to run right. I would take the carb back off spray carb cleaner in every hole and look at the jets again. I don’t know if will help but here is a pic of a new jet that I have.

http://sites.google.com/site/suzukil...-s/carb-tuning

Old 05-01-2011, 08:19 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 18rmiller
what is the best manual to go by when rebuilding an engine? Clymers or the one from Vincescycle.com
i rebuild by memory. Vince is one of the best mechanics i have ever talked to. i would go with his advice. if i am ever stumped i call him.

And yes i got the new 230 home. stripped it down to bare frame in 45 minutes. got the motor with it. only had to give the guys and freezer bag of morel mushrooms.

bad news, the brackets that hold up the rear fenders are gone. engine has a fried rod bearing but i now have another perfect 230 block that has no damage to it at all.

Old 05-01-2011, 08:44 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by Trailrider230s
i rebuild by memory. Vince is one of the best mechanics i have ever talked to. i would go with his advice. if i am ever stumped i call him.

And yes i got the new 230 home. stripped it down to bare frame in 45 minutes. got the motor with it. only had to give the guys and freezer bag of morel mushrooms.

bad news, the brackets that hold up the rear fenders are gone. engine has a fried rod bearing but i now have another perfect 230 block that has no damage to it at all.
cool, im wondering if i should spend the time and money to rebuild mine or sell it for what i can and save up for something else?

Old 05-02-2011, 07:47 PM
Trailblazer

hey when you said boil it were you talking to me???

Old 05-02-2011, 08:23 PM
Pro Rider

ya i got did that on my boat carb because i was to lazy to take it apart...worked great!

Old 05-02-2011, 08:35 PM
Pro Rider

well i started the Mistress 2.0 project today. revamping the entire paint scheme. the frame is going to be different. its still going to be neon but faded into a different color. a-arms are staying the same, hubs are a 2 color, axle black, and the swinger is neon green faded into a different color.

i cant ride for 6 weeks( the ol noggin got hit pretty hard resulting in a bruise on my brain), so i gotta have somethin to do. oh an the engine is tore down also, so i have been busy the last 48 hours.

Old 05-02-2011, 08:41 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by 18rmiller
cool, im wondering if i should spend the time and money to rebuild mine or sell it for what i can and save up for something else?
i would rebuild, but its all up to you. i am rebuilding right now. my 230 is like family i could never bring myself to sell her. i tried but i just couldn't sell it.

Old 05-03-2011, 01:36 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anyone here ever been to Summit Racing in (ok near) Akron, OH? The wife and I were visiting her aunt in Copley and I took a ride over there before we headed home...if I lived closer i'd be broke! And fyi I only bring this up because they stock some atv tires and although I didn't price them out I do know that they had a few sets of kenda xc's. They've always been pretty reasonable on prices for parts I've purchased and may look into it when I go to order a new set for the quad. But seriously if you get a chance to go its a must see

Old 05-03-2011, 12:04 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by MIsuzukilt230s
Anyone here ever been to Summit Racing in (ok near) Akron, OH? The wife and I were visiting her aunt in Copley and I took a ride over there before we headed home...if I lived closer i'd be broke! And fyi I only bring this up because they stock some atv tires and although I didn't price them out I do know that they had a few sets of kenda xc's. They've always been pretty reasonable on prices for parts I've purchased and may look into it when I go to order a new set for the quad. But seriously if you get a chance to go its a must see
yeah i live about 2 hours south of Summit Racing.

Quick Reply: 85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.