Kingquad 700 battery issues

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2016, 09:55 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do I get them to fix this problem

Originally Posted by jstout
hello,

i have an 05, im on 4 batteries, an ecu, and 2 rectifiers now--and it wont charge. I went through the attorney general last year after suzuki told me to disconnect the battery when I was done--I suggested to the mediator that he do that with his new car when he gets to work and see how he feels about it. I am currently dealing with a mediation manager at suzuki, and have found an attorney that is willing to look into a class action suit since there are so many KQ owners with this issue. suzuki came out with a silent recall for a new ecu that uses less power with the key off--a bandaid if you will, but it's no solution. any other kq owners feel free to contact me--its about time for suzuki to make it right for all those missing out on rides after paying 7k+ for these unreliable machines
how do I get them to go good for this problem????? I definitely want to get involved with forcing them to make it right. Yes I wonder how the guy would like unresolved hooking his battery everytime he drives his car. I have been replacing battery after battery thinking I was getting bad battery's

Old 02-20-2016, 12:22 AM
Pro Rider

I had an 05 with a similar problem....battery draining. I troublshot the issue, found a faulty regulator, installed a new battery and regulator, never had the problem again....Something is amiss with yours. Any more info on it?

Old 02-20-2016, 06:12 AM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Stop wasting your time. Sell it and go buy a can am or polaris and enjoy the trails.
Suzuki has no solution, and they will never give you another atv because you bought a used one with issues- the court (if it goes that far) will tell them to fix it at the very best- you'll get another ecm, and still be at a square 1. How much energy are you willing to put into an atv with chronic failures? Just get rid of it.

Old 02-20-2016, 08:22 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 301 Likes on 295 Posts

If you have read through all this lot (I must admit I haven't bothered) the solution will be in there somewhere. If you actually use your 700 the answer is quite simple, you add a thick wire from the battery to the regulator for both positive and negative, this boosts the max charge rate from about 13v to 14.5v. If you tend to leave the bike in the garage for weeks on end unused, a battery isolator switch like they use on racing cars and bikes is the answer. Switch off when you put the bike away and on when you want to use it. I wish the problem of frames breaking up was as easy to solve.

Old 02-20-2016, 11:09 AM
Trailblazer
Default strange

Originally Posted by merryman
If you have read through all this lot (I must admit I haven't bothered) the solution will be in there somewhere. If you actually use your 700 the answer is quite simple, you add a thick wire from the battery to the regulator for both positive and negative, this boosts the max charge rate from about 13v to 14.5v. If you tend to leave the bike in the garage for weeks on end unused, a battery isolator switch like they use on racing cars and bikes is the answer. Switch off when you put the bike away and on when you want to use it. I wish the problem of frames breaking up was as easy to solve.
I used to have a 2006, 700 kingquad, and never had any problems w/ it at all. sold it because all my friends and son quit riding !

Old 02-20-2016, 11:23 AM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.

yawwnnnnn
I've owned a dozen can-am big bores- punish them more than anyone I know- never a problem with a frame. It's really a non issue for anyone who doesn't plan on clipping a stump at 50 mph. It's like saying all cruise ships will sink because the Titanic hit a glacier - beating a dead horse.

Old 02-21-2016, 12:47 AM
Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Nyroc's ATV info website is what I did on the 700 and 750...works great,,

Old 02-21-2016, 03:18 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Beergut, I'm afraid you haven't had to work on the 450 to 750 King Quad range like I have, every 700 and 450 have had to have the frames welded, we've a 700 rotting away in the yard that has had the frame come in two, this was after we welded it back up six or seven times. Now the 500s have started to break up. We only sold one 750 and the owner wrote it off, but assume similar problems would have occurred with it. Since the new year I have welded one 450 that had both footpegs drop off with about 9" of lower frame attached to them, and another that had both anti roll bar mounting points come away with a few inches of lower frame attached. When welding it back up I found cracks all over, including the top rear diff mount broken away, again with a bit of frame attached, and the top left frame tube under the seat cracked.

Old 02-24-2016, 03:00 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Well had a 500KQ in for service yesterday and guess what? The lower frame tube had broken in two places and about 8" of tube was dangling on the left anti roll bar mounting. I think I have only serviced these three big Suzies this year so three out of three broken frames. By pure luck I found the anti roll bar tubing will just fit inside the lower frame tube so put bits of old anti-roll bar inside to strengthen where they are to be welded back together, it seems to work, as they always break somewhere else next time.

Old 02-24-2016, 07:05 AM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ

Well had a 500KQ in for service yesterday and guess what? The lower frame tube had broken in two places and about 8" of tube was dangling on the left anti roll bar mounting. I think I have only serviced these three big Suzies this year so three out of three broken frames. By pure luck I found the anti roll bar tubing will just fit inside the lower frame tube so put bits of old anti-roll bar inside to strengthen where they are to be welded back together, it seems to work, as they always break somewhere else next time.
yep- there was another member on here a couple years back who broke the frame on his new king quad- the tubing near where the foot pegs are (the belly area)- I had to mig weld it for him. I remember thinking how low I had to set the voltage because the tubing was so thin and my arc kept blowing through the thin mild steel tubing. I have pics on my home computer I can post later. hehe- I've actually also had to repair my polaris sportsman 800 frame that cracked up near the front shock. never had to weld any of my dozen can-am frames tho- although, I did snap a shock adjuster on my 2012 outlander 1000 and the steering stem is pure crap on the new can-am's- lean on it a little too hard and it'll bend. I have some pics of a custom stem insert I made out of delrin- came out really nice and strengthened the stem amazingly well.

Quick Reply: Kingquad 700 battery issues