Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

How do you change the oil for 1995 KQ300?

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2008, 03:55 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do you change the oil for 1995 KQ300?

So I have noticed in the "oil window" that my oil has either lessened or it is really dirty and in a need for change. I have no trailer yet for my ATV so I thought it can't be to hard with some quidance from some members. I am however really inexpereinced and don't even know how to change the oil on my car, (shuns with embarassment). So if someone could explain how to for the lamen (really for the lamen, don't be scared to belittle me) that would be great. Thanks all...

Old 03-31-2008, 04:57 PM
Trailblazer

on bottom of bike under motor should be a bolt nice size one you will have to go through skid plate hole in it and nut should be there dont know if there is a oil filter on that year you should call local suzuki shop and ask them if there is and what oil you should run in it really not hard to do you also might have to take some plastic off to install new oil or change filter really not up to date with that year we have a 05 700 king quad just remember it is metric size bolt you are taking out and lefty loosy and righty tighty for removing any bolt good luck i always run bike get it warm so oil drains out good keep bike level so oil all comes out and i always put about half of a quart in when oil drains all out so you flush all of the dirt on bottom of motor then just watch till it is done put plug in fil back up suzuki will tell you the correct amount that goes in it use a measuring cup do not over fill bike with oil oh yeah if you have filter change it before you install new oil and if there is any rubber on filter like a o-ring put some oil on ur finger and wipe it on o-rings so they stay in place if you changed ur oil in car you would know what i am talking about but again good luck remember turn left counter clockwise is loose and right is tight clockwise

Old 03-31-2008, 06:06 PM
Range Rover

Cool, thanks, located the drain screw, now all I have to do is find the filter. Are most filters available at an autoparts store or just dealers (or order online)? Yesterday I saw the window about half full, now today, nothing in the window at all??? Hmmmm, is it possible the window lies? I took off the oil cap and saw no oil, then again don't know if I am supposed to. But it looks nice and clean in there (can't see but so much). I know that my model takes 4 quarts of oil and the tranny and the engine share the same oil. I also think this model has a "car like" oil filter (screw off). I am just scared to ride considering the tick that has been worrying me for some time now (valve??). Once I get some lute up I am going to get the whole thing looked at by a shop.

Old 03-31-2008, 06:18 PM
Trailblazer

as far as i know dealer only maybe on ebay u could get it alot cheaper just make sure you find out the correct amount to put in it they say 4 qts but may be just shy of that

Old 03-31-2008, 09:31 PM
Range Rover

Just ordered the filter (2) and will have to find out where this is on my kq. If anyone can help further with this question, please, please, chime in. Thanks

Old 04-01-2008, 11:28 PM
Trailblazer

if you have a 300 i had one but it was a 1997 model.
the oil filter is on the right foot side of the bike near the heel under 3 bolts in a triangle shape. under a metal cap. you will need to get a filter and a o'ring. for a oil change. and you fill the oil from the rear of the bike at the rear end.

Old 04-02-2008, 08:15 AM
Range Rover

Can't you re-use the o-ring? Do most filters made for this model come with an o-ring?

And thanks guys for your help, found where the oil filter is, doesn't look like any plastic will have to come off (thank god). Doesn't look hard to get to at all. Also, added some oil for the time being and the level did rise in the window. Is it normal for a quad to burn oil (especially when it's got some age on it)? If my valve or valves were burnt would that possibly make me burn an excessive amount of oil? Remember, I do have that slight tick that is progressively getting more noticeable. I am, Iam. I know, get it checked.

Old 04-02-2008, 09:58 PM
Trailblazer

yeah you can reuse it if it is still has a round shape as in thinkness round not flat on edges . or it will leak from there too. it only cost about 2.00 bucks for oring . but if i was you i would drain and flush at least twice my oil. if you don't know how long since it has been changed. so you will need a case of 10w40 weight oil. for that . hope the best for you on your bike man.