Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

LT500 What 2-stroke oil to use

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2003, 12:35 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LT500 What 2-stroke oil to use

Hey Lanksta,
Were you the one out there that was always rolling your quad back on it's wheels? Oh yeah I remember you, maybe you should get a 2-stroke so you can come ride with the rest of the fast quads. Unless you want to stay a squid. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 02-04-2003, 12:06 PM
Trailblazer

I bought my 88 Zilla brand new, have used Maxima Super-M since day one and have the original piston in it, head has never been off it.

Synthetic oils such as Amsoil will keep your motor cleaner especially your power valve.

I have buddies that run Wal-Mart Pennzoil FULL synthetic in their high performance jet ski and swear by it.
I use amsoil in my jetskis because of the sludge & carbon build up on the power valves when I use “dino” or “bean”(927)oil.

IMHO All top rated modern day 2-stroke oil is good.
To me it is FAR more important to take the time to mix properly, than the oil you use.
The guys I see at the gas station pouring oil directly into the fuel tank then filling with fuel always have bad “LUCK” with their motors. At the very least motor longevity is compromised with a non uniform fuel oil mix.

I know some of you are thinking once I start riding it mixes fine, or it gets shaken up on the trailer on the way to the riding area. I say that’s B/S.By the time the oil fuel mix properly you’ve slugged down globules of oil at the bottom of the tank or pure fuel with no oil, now when it does finally mix your ratio is all out of wack.
Your motor needs a uniform fuel oil mixture for every revolution it turns.
Its kind of like making chocolate milk, you have to stir a lot to get all the chocolate off them bottom.

This method has always worked well for me on all my premix motors.
You must mix completely in a fuel jug.
I always start with measured amount of oil than add 1 gallon fuel and shake very well for 30 seconds then add the rest of the fuel and shake very well for at least another 30 seconds. It is also recommended to only mix what you will use TODAY because 2-stroke oil looses its lubricity once mixed, and will separate from some fuels.

Once you tune and jet for a certain fuel octane & oil brand, and fuel oil ratio, STICK WITH IT.

JMO

Old 02-05-2003, 02:17 PM
Trailblazer

i used to run 927 ..its awsome and smells good to..

Old 02-05-2003, 02:46 PM
Trailblazer

I have always ran 927 as well but the LT-500 that I purchased has ran on Super-M all it's life. It is on the same piston that it came with from the factory so it has very few hours on it and runs very good still. I am sticking with the Super-M because I do not want to change oils with the track record the engine has. My main concern is changing oils. I understand that the fuel should be drained first and then you can change but I think I will not take the chance of messing anything up. My LT-250 runs on 927 so I really don't want to use two different mixes. More than likely I will change the lt-250 over since it is more expendible than my lt-500.