Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2006, 05:09 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Originally posted by: powerstroke01
FYI The snow line is bewteen the central camp turnoff and the beasore summit..... whatever its called.. been so friggen long haha
I don't know either. Coworker just calls it "the summit."

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 05-31-2006, 05:18 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Old 05-31-2006, 05:34 PM
Pro Rider

How's the fishin @ Bass lake? I might be going to the Mammoth area, up to Tahoe, Reno, etc on vacation in July

Old 05-31-2006, 05:38 PM
Air Cooled Rider

Originally posted by: Trasher
How's the fishin @ Bass lake? I might be going to the Mammoth area, up to Tahoe, Reno, etc on vacation in July
I think it's ok. LJ wasn't impressed however. It's more of a recreation lake, but people do fish it.

Besides, screw the fishing. There's some great riding up in them thar hills! (Miami Trails is less than a 10 minute drive from there to the west.)

You can go through Yosemite from the East side (Lee Vining) on 120, into Yosemite Valley, then 41 south out of the Valley. The falls have been rocking this year. Bass Lake is about an hour south from the Valley Floor. Not that far, but at 25 MPH that's along drive to Wawona.

Old 05-31-2006, 06:50 PM
Pro Rider

Found a lightning i like..

Its cheap.. A few issues though. Its got almost 100k miles. and its on its second motor.
"Motor was replaced due to the spark plug issue that ford had on the 99 to
2002 models with the heads not having enough threads and the spark plugs
blowing out if not torqued correctly"..
haha I havent seen it in person yet but a few freinds of mine have and have done some audio work on it..

Now this truck is in Kerman and my dad wants me to ask this guy if he would bring it up here to my mechanic for him to look at it.. Sound reasonable? or is that a rediculous request? I mean if he wants to sell it then sure... It is an hour and a half drive though.... I dunno.....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Looks nice btw and is putting out 393rwhp/492tq [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 05-31-2006, 06:51 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Trasher
Sucks. But im biased cuz i was raised on texas fishin..

Warm, muddy, shallow lakes.. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 05-31-2006, 07:22 PM
Air Cooled Rider

FYI The snow line is bewteen the central camp turnoff and the beasore summit..... whatever its called.. been so friggen long haha
Coldspring Meadow. Beasore and 6S10?

Old 05-31-2006, 07:26 PM
Air Cooled Rider

Its cheap.. A few issues though. Its got almost 100k miles. and its on its second motor.
haha I havent seen it in person yet but a few freinds of mine have and have done some audio work on it..

Now this truck is in Kerman and my dad wants me to ask this guy if he would bring it up here to my mechanic for him to look at it.. Sound reasonable? or is that a rediculous request? I mean if he wants to sell it then sure... It is an hour and a half drive though.... I dunno.....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Looks nice btw and is putting out 393rwhp/492tq [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Hmmm I don't know. The entire motor was changed? Why? All you need to change is the damaged head(s). Sounds like it's been hot rodded to hell, motor was blown. Who knows about the rest of it. LS diff clutches are probably shot. Tranny? (It's the same as in the Eff Two Fiddy 4R100?). Personally, I would RUN. Quickly.

Old 05-31-2006, 10:01 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior

Hmmm I don't know. The entire motor was changed? Why? All you need to change is the damaged head(s). Sounds like it's been hot rodded to hell, motor was blown. Who knows about the rest of it. LS diff clutches are probably shot. Tranny? (It's the same as in the Eff Two Fiddy 4R100?). Personally, I would RUN. Quickly.
Yes, the trannies are the same but, they last much longer in these trucks...
The diffs are REALLY strong from what ive heard...

The motor could have gone to shiit from what ive read on the lightning boards just from one blown plug.. dunno why or how... But 95% of the time theyre fine.... Im still reading.. THey changed to new heads in 03..

Old 05-31-2006, 11:22 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: HappaRap
400CatDriver,

Informative post, haven't experienced the pulling downfalls. The only thing I tow with it at this point is a tandem two quad trailer with usually one quad on it. If I do get a trailer, I'll throw the quad in the truck and pull a 26 TT. I've been a Ford guy all my life, besides a 69 Chevelle, the only vehicles I've owned were Ford.

I would have gotten Dodge or Chevy, but, I love the looks of the Ford Truck, inside and out. I think the Duramax with Allison and Cummins are excellent combos, but, I don't like the look of Chevy or Dodge. The PSD with its tranny is the weakest of the three IMO, but because I use it more for driving to work and love a big truck, Ford was my pick.

Truth be told, I've always wanted that type of truck and figured I'd better get one before I have one foot in the grave [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
I hear you about wanting one of these. I've always thought that the 250/350 Lariat crew cab was kind of the top dog of trucks. I've always wanted one too and was doing the same thing you said about buying one before I die so to speak. It's a really nice truck...I guess I just wish it had a Cummins in it. Too bad they don't let you have choices on power. You'd think for 50K they could do that.

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel