Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2006, 03:32 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Me and some freinds went up and did some wheelin and tried to make it up to some higher up lakes... Ended up not making it past the snow... And we got SNOWED ON.... haha

Freinds battery kept dieing too. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 05-30-2006, 12:48 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Lazy Boy Rider!

400CatDriver,

Informative post, haven't experienced the pulling downfalls. The only thing I tow with it at this point is a tandem two quad trailer with usually one quad on it. If I do get a trailer, I'll throw the quad in the truck and pull a 26 TT. I've been a Ford guy all my life, besides a 69 Chevelle, the only vehicles I've owned were Ford.

I would have gotten Dodge or Chevy, but, I love the looks of the Ford Truck, inside and out. I think the Duramax with Allison and Cummins are excellent combos, but, I don't like the look of Chevy or Dodge. The PSD with its tranny is the weakest of the three IMO, but because I use it more for driving to work and love a big truck, Ford was my pick.

Truth be told, I've always wanted that type of truck and figured I'd better get one before I have one foot in the grave [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 05-30-2006, 01:19 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

Originally posted by: powerstroke01
Me and some freinds went up and did some wheelin and tried to make it up to some higher up lakes... Ended up not making it past the snow... And we got SNOWED ON.... haha

Freinds battery kept dieing too. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
Supposedly snowed enough at Dinkey to cover the road completely.

Is Beasore still socked in? Heard it was. Thinking July again this year?

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 05-30-2006, 06:50 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior

I havent been up to beasore in a while...
Yeah itll probably be that long..

We only made it to the 10 mile mark for star lakes. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 05-31-2006, 01:41 PM
Air Cooled Rider

The tumbleweeds are starting to pile up in here...

Old 05-31-2006, 02:20 PM
Pro Rider

Morning PSD dudes [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Finally got to go riding for a couple of days[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img] It's been a long time. Pretty hot out there now[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Went golfing on Monday and shot a 85 but my son shot a 79;Q The group in front of us was soooooooo slow it was really starting to tick us all off. On 16 try had enough of us hitting into them so they told the marshall. One chick hit my sons ball back about 50 yards cause it mad her mad. took her three trys to hit it [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] I wonder if they every thought to let us play past them[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 05-31-2006, 02:22 PM
Pro Rider

I havent been up to beasore in a while...
Yeah itll probably be that long..

We only made it to the 10 mile mark for star lakes. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
I tried to find this area on a map and never found it. Where is it located??

Old 05-31-2006, 03:29 PM
Air Cooled Rider

Originally posted by: Trasher
Beasore Rd starts on the north side of Bass Lake Beasore Rd. That road goes way up into the mountains back there.

Little Shuteye. If you change back to MAP you can follow the trail back to Central Camp Rd & Beasore Rd. There's a place called Beasore Meadows where my coworkers cabin is. That's more to the north. And Star Lakes...I can't remember how the heck to find that place. LOL

Old 05-31-2006, 04:22 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Does any one in here have any thoughts on a '92 F350 4X4 Crew cab with a 351W in it? Will the 351 have enough power? Any one in here ever have one?

Old 05-31-2006, 04:23 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Trasher
Beasore Rd starts on the north side of Bass Lake Beasore Rd. That road goes way up into the mountains back there.

Little Shuteye. If you change back to MAP you can follow the trail back to Central Camp Rd & Beasore Rd. There's a place called Beasore Meadows where my coworkers cabin is. That's more to the north. And Star Lakes...I can't remember how the heck to find that place. LOL
FYI The snow line is bewteen the central camp turnoff and the beasore summit..... whatever its called.. been so friggen long haha

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel