Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2006, 01:44 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Well, today, I went on the ATV ride of my life. It was pucker factor ten...steep, rocky, side-hill riding. I went with my brother-in-law (who knows no fear). I consider myself a pretty good rider, but this 3-4 hr thrill ride, scared the living $hit out of me. Yeah, I'm a pu$$y.

Old 11-23-2006, 02:24 PM
Pro Rider

i have cousins that take me on those kinds of rides. scares the crap outta me, and i always wonder how my wife will be spending the life ins $$.

hoss/skinner, I added a bit of water to the end cells on 2 of my batteries. they were both low. then i charged them up. they still seem a little weak. but rather than listen to your good advice about replacement, I'll probably leave them cuz I'm too much of a cheapazz to spend the $150 on a pair of Costco batteries, and wait till I'm really fooked in the middle of nowhere, and they completely tank on me. then I'll cuss myself out about how stupid and cheap I am. If history is any indicator,that's most likely what I'll do.

the voltage seemed good and showed 15V when fully charged (according to this new battery charger I have).

Old 11-23-2006, 06:55 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

Shouldn't they be like 13.9 when fully charged?

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 11-27-2006, 01:01 PM
Air Cooled Rider

Hope everyone had a great turkey day. I don't want to see another damn turkey again!

Old 11-27-2006, 02:50 PM
Pro Rider

yer prolly right skinner on the full charge voltage. It's one of these electronic chargers that displays 15V (which seems wrong to me).

I SHOULDA listened to you guys!!! when the batteries were weak at 40 degrees it should have been obvious they'd be dead at colder temp. well, we had 2' of snow. my buddy had his quads stuck on the top of a mtn and wanted me to come help him get them back to low ground and then take them home in our trucks (his truck was stuck at the top of the mtn, too much snow). well, my batteries wouldn't crank, at all!! so off to costco to buy a new set today.

so i set up the snowblower on my tractor. AWESOME attachment...prolly the best ever...until I F***ed it up. i got it icy and clogged up. kept pushing it. heard some bad noises. then cleaned it out, went back to clear again and ignored the noises. I tore the driveshaft out and the front PTO. I THINK the driveshaft may have bent..not real clear. I'll have to mess with it, and then ALL the snow will be gone. WAAAAAA!!!!

Old 11-27-2006, 04:26 PM
Air Cooled Rider

Originally posted by: nedflanders
yer prolly right skinner on the full charge voltage. It's one of these electronic chargers that displays 15V (which seems wrong to me).

I SHOULDA listened to you guys!!! when the batteries were weak at 40 degrees it should have been obvious they'd be dead at colder temp. well, we had 2' of snow. my buddy had his quads stuck on the top of a mtn and wanted me to come help him get them back to low ground and then take them home in our trucks (his truck was stuck at the top of the mtn, too much snow). well, my batteries wouldn't crank, at all!! so off to costco to buy a new set today.

so i set up the snowblower on my tractor. AWESOME attachment...prolly the best ever...until I F***ed it up. i got it icy and clogged up. kept pushing it. heard some bad noises. then cleaned it out, went back to clear again and ignored the noises. I tore the driveshaft out and the front PTO. I THINK the driveshaft may have bent..not real clear. I'll have to mess with it, and then ALL the snow will be gone. WAAAAAA!!!!
Told ya. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

If it ain't broke, fsck with it until it is. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 11-28-2006, 04:17 PM
Quad Patrol

Hello All[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Just got back from 9 days of camping and riding at Pismo[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Weather was great! Had 65-70 dgree days and cold nights[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Riding wasn't to bad. Crowd was actually decent, not overly packed[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] New trailer worked out alright, noticed the heater worked when it wants to (remember those cold nights) think the sensor that opens the valve for the propane in on it's last leg[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Had a new refer put in it and that worked great[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Kept that turkey and ham nice and cold.

Took the loaded trailer to Flying J and had it weighed, only 11,220 lbs. Truck was 4400 on the front and 4700 lbs on the back axles. If skinner doesn't reply with I'm over weight[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I'll have to look at the door sticker and figure it out. Had a buddy going up the Cuesta Grade and blew his inter-cooler[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Fortunately FORD is doing it under warranty, even though they read him the riot act about having a chip in it and a lift.

Old 11-28-2006, 11:13 PM
Air Cooled Rider

Originally posted by: rescuediver
Hello All[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Just got back from 9 days of camping and riding at Pismo[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Weather was great! Had 65-70 dgree days and cold nights[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Riding wasn't to bad. Crowd was actually decent, not overly packed[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] New trailer worked out alright, noticed the heater worked when it wants to (remember those cold nights) think the sensor that opens the valve for the propane in on it's last leg[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Had a new refer put in it and that worked great[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Kept that turkey and ham nice and cold.

Took the loaded trailer to Flying J and had it weighed, only 11,220 lbs. Truck was 4400 on the front and 4700 lbs on the back axles. If skinner doesn't reply with I'm over weight[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I'll have to look at the door sticker and figure it out. Had a buddy going up the Cuesta Grade and blew his inter-cooler[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Fortunately FORD is doing it under warranty, even though they read him the riot act about having a chip in it and a lift.
That sucks about the heater. A friend's went wonky on his first trip to Hollister in '03. That sure was a cold Feb. night. Brrr.

That's ONLY 500lbs over. But then again, being overweight is like being kinda pregnant. Either you are, or you aren't. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] What kind of pin weight do you have? Maybe try and load some stuff a little more to the rear if possible. Did you have the heaviest bikes on the rear end?

I was kinda wondering why you were missing last week. Forgot you were going out on the road.

Old 11-30-2006, 06:29 PM
Air Cooled Rider

Looks like the company may be joining FBK. Just saw a quote come in with the engine option being a 6.0PSD. About 42K for a 550 flatbed (19K GVWR), std. cab 4x2. Err would that be 6x4 or 6x2?

Just picked up a pair of F-150s (std cab long bed 4x2) today. He got smart and went with the 5.4L. Hopefully he was smart and got the big GVWR package too. I haven't seen any of the paperwork on those.

Let's hope he isn't spending our bonuses. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 11-30-2006, 11:24 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior<brLet's hope he isn't spending our bonuses. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

After spending all that money I would look for coal in your stocking this year [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel