Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2006, 04:02 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Originally posted by: QuadKaryn
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
Does a bell ring when your name is mentioned? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-28-2006, 04:56 AM
Pro Rider

hi-diddly-do there neighbors! long time no chat!

I had to change the water pump on my PSD awhile ago. had to buy ANOTHER set of specialty tools to do it (to hold the pulley, and to remove fan clutch nut). luckily our equivalent to Harbor Freight (Princess Auto) had a set for $25. I noticed afterwards the gasket for the thermostat was very flat and worn (it should be like a square cut o-ring). SO IF YOU SEE LEAKAGE OF COOLANT, spend $1 on a new thermostat gasket first, and try that fix. if it doesn't work, then proceed to step #2: water pump. wow, these are expensive from Ford.

now if I can only figure out how to remove axle from my shaft drive 450 Kodiak. gotta replace the axle bearings.

TTYL[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-28-2006, 12:33 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

Originally posted by: powerstroke01
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
Does a bell ring when your name is mentioned? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
I think she's a closet PSD person really. She really wants to replace her truck with a REAL truck. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Looks like I'm going to be traveling a bit this week. Luckily LaLaLand is out. And hopefully I can stuff the stuff in the 150. That drive in the 450 is a bit rough on the back. Instead, on Wednesday I'm headed over to Gonzales for probably a couple days. I swear I'm taking the laptop. I'm not going to sit in a freaking motel room watching TV for hours.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 08-28-2006, 04:27 PM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior
Actually, I wouldn't want a hot all the time lead. Our flatbed at work is set up like that. Had a bad battery (or it was just discharged) in our hydraulic trailer. It was loaded up on Friday for a job run on Monday morning. Monday morning the truck battery didn't have enough juice to start that big 'ol 460. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] The trailers are now NEVER left plugged into the truck over night.
Neither do I. On my Chevy, it had a safety feature on it that would not allow the battery to drain the one starting the vehicle. As far as leaving it plugged in over a weekend, I haven't done that. Usually just plug it in over night and then, use the truck to drive around for the day re-charging the vehicle batteries.

Old 08-28-2006, 04:28 PM
Quad Patrol

Speaking of karyn[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Hello[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-28-2006, 04:30 PM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: nedflanders
hi-diddly-do there neighbors! long time no chat!

I had to change the water pump on my PSD awhile ago. had to buy ANOTHER set of specialty tools to do it (to hold the pulley, and to remove fan clutch nut). luckily our equivalent to Harbor Freight (Princess Auto) had a set for $25. I noticed afterwards the gasket for the thermostat was very flat and worn (it should be like a square cut o-ring). SO IF YOU SEE LEAKAGE OF COOLANT, spend $1 on a new thermostat gasket first, and try that fix. if it doesn't work, then proceed to step #2: water pump. wow, these are expensive from Ford.

now if I can only figure out how to remove axle from my shaft drive 450 Kodiak. gotta replace the axle bearings.

TTYL[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Well hello there Confused one[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Thanks for the tip[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-28-2006, 04:32 PM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: powerstroke01
I think she's a closet PSD person really. She really wants to replace her truck with a REAL truck. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Looks like I'm going to be traveling a bit this week. Luckily LaLaLand is out. And hopefully I can stuff the stuff in the 150. That drive in the 450 is a bit rough on the back. Instead, on Wednesday I'm headed over to Gonzales for probably a couple days. I swear I'm taking the laptop. I'm not going to sit in a freaking motel room watching TV for hours.
Guess it depends what you are watching[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] But that does get old[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 08-28-2006, 06:58 PM
Pro Rider

Wooohhoooo!

Got the rest of my exhaust ordered!!

$700 shipped. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
But i did get free shipping. haha

Gonna sound Sooooooo nice. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-28-2006, 07:25 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

Ya know, I'm beginning to wonder something here. LJ spends a night in Karyn's trailer. Who knows what happens. But he gets kinda girly. So now he get this new 'stang. But he's got to get this new exhaust on there so he can go meet this girl (you had to be here that Friday night). And Karyn lives "up north" from us. Hmmm. And she closetly hangs out in here. Maybe to keep an eye on him. Kinda makes you wonder.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

ok ok just havin a little fun.

Need something to have fun on. Supervisor is in the hospital with some serious blockage. Couldn't even perform an angiogram because of the blockage. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 08-28-2006, 07:36 PM
Pro Rider

Ya know, I'm beginning to wonder something here. LJ spends a night in Karyn's trailer. Who knows what happens. But he gets kinda girly. So now he get this new 'stang. But he's got to get this new exhaust on there so he can go meet this girl (you had to be here that Friday night). And Karyn lives "up north" from us. Hmmm. And she closetly hangs out in here. Maybe to keep an eye on him. Kinda makes you wonder.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

ok ok just havin a little fun.

Need something to have fun on. Supervisor is in the hospital with some serious blockage. Couldn't even perform an angiogram because of the blockage. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
Its like area51... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel