Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2006, 04:28 PM
Quad Patrol
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Originally posted by: mywifesquad
Check out my new Trailer!!

The wife says I can get a new truck too!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Nice trailer and so close to home[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Becuase I know your not buying new[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Check out a F250/350 from Newman auto sales in town[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I've talked with him a few times, seems like a nice guy. Know a couple of people who bought from him and they had good dealing with him.

Old 05-24-2006, 04:30 PM
Quad Patrol

I was going to try and go riding this Saturday up where MWQ was camping last week[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] However, my youngest broke a bone in her wrist and is not capable of riding for a few weeks[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 05-24-2006, 04:35 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally posted by: rescuediver

I think I know the area you are talking about[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I need to get to know that forest a lot better[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
The wife kids and I have camped there approx 4 doz times over the years. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] It used to be one of my favorite places to ride.

Old 05-24-2006, 04:36 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

Nice trailer and so close to home[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Becuase I know your not buying new[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Check out a F250/350 from Newman auto sales in town[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I've talked with him a few times, seems like a nice guy. Know a couple of people who bought from him and they had good dealing with him.
That part was very cool!

I bought my wifes STS and my oldest sons GMC from Norris. I was going to stop by there on my way home this afternoon. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 05-24-2006, 04:37 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

I was going to try and go riding this Saturday up where MWQ was camping last week[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] However, my youngest broke a bone in her wrist and is not capable of riding for a few weeks[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]
BUMMER!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 05-25-2006, 01:48 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Lazy Boy Rider!

Question about the Diesel,

I was told that you need to let it warm up longer ( than a gas engine ) and after you've driven it, you need to let it idle for a minute or so before shutting it down.

Any thoughts on this?

Old 05-25-2006, 02:10 AM
Pro Rider

The biggest reason to let them idle before turning off is to let them cool down. This is true of any vehicle with a turbo. There is a lot of heat built up in there and it can cook the oil and you might have a dry start up which will lead to wear. It would not hurt to let any motor idle for a bit before stopping.

Warm ups are about the same for gas or diesel. You need to make sure that the engine is warmed up before putting a lot of stress on it. Internal engine parts need to expand so the tolerances will be correct before they pull a load, etc.

Old 05-25-2006, 03:11 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: powerstroke01
LJ, Have you heard about a Jeep poker run or something to that effect, up near Clovis[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] My brothers are suppose to go to it this Sunday. I have family commitments, so no[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] go for me[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
No. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] I never hear about the cool jeep stuff untill AFTER it happens haha. I really need to find a club to join.
I'll try and get some info for you? If you'd like[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Sure. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 05-25-2006, 03:13 AM
Pro Rider

Got pulled over today and got a fixit ticket for no front plate.. hhaa [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 05-25-2006, 03:29 AM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

Originally posted by: powerstroke01
Got pulled over today and got a fixit ticket for no front plate.. hhaa [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
Reminds me. Clovis PD MC officers (2) wre doing laps on Shaw looking for business. Guy made a u-turn about 3 times between Shaw& Peach and the turn pocket to go into Wally-World (like 1/4 mile). Finally saw him with someone down by Sierra Vista Mall. Guess he got his man...err...woman I think.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel