Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2007, 09:54 PM
Quad Patrol
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Originally posted by: Trasher
Originally posted by: OneFlyCowboy
How's everyone been? I haven't been here in a long time..... new job is taking all my time and trying to spend more time with the family. They are growing up too fast. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Im good.

Whats with everyone gettin new jobs.. they better be payin ya'll better!

OFC- 32K in posts ??? You gots to be the post ho king on this board.......... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
You know there is not other Ho! on the boards[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 04-07-2007, 09:57 PM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior
Originally posted by: rescuediver
I don't see a problem[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Ford was just the first to make a production PSd with a jet[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
I can't figure those flames out. Seems like a bit of BS to me. What's causing the ignition at the tail pipe? I can't believe that it comes through the pipe and muffler without going out. Plus that truck sounds like a big piece, knocking big time.
It did have some issues I found out later. I think it was a stuck injector. But ALL of the new diesels (6.4L PSD, 6.7L Cummins and LLM or whatever the current Duramax is) all have a DPM (Diesel Particulate Matter) filter at the tail pipe. They crank up the EGTs at the tail pipe by dumping fuel there to clean out the DPM filter. So it was blowing flames out the pipe because of the regen process and a crappily running truck. There's a recall with flash to fix it.
My mechanic's buddy has a new PSD and had it idling in his driveway, when he came back out side, his wife's Lexus' rear bumper was melted and laying on the driveway in a gob of goop!! I didn't personally see it, but I have no reason to doubt what I was told.

Old 04-08-2007, 04:36 AM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

Originally posted by: dancingqueen
Just thought I would pop in and say "Hey Ya'll!"

Shop has been keeping me busy... among other things. Hope everyone has a great Easter.
Hi DQ[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Looks like everyone that visited here has falling into a busy work/family routine.

Hope you have a Great Easter too[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Speak for yourself. ok, have been busy. May even work tomorrow. (Had a great time with MWQ and LJ this weekend. Weather was wonderful.) But I always make time to screw off. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 04-08-2007, 04:37 AM
Air Cooled Rider

I don't see a problem[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Ford was just the first to make a production PSd with a jet[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
I can't figure those flames out. Seems like a bit of BS to me. What's causing the ignition at the tail pipe? I can't believe that it comes through the pipe and muffler without going out. Plus that truck sounds like a big piece, knocking big time.
It did have some issues I found out later. I think it was a stuck injector. But ALL of the new diesels (6.4L PSD, 6.7L Cummins and LLM or whatever the current Duramax is) all have a DPM (Diesel Particulate Matter) filter at the tail pipe. They crank up the EGTs at the tail pipe by dumping fuel there to clean out the DPM filter. So it was blowing flames out the pipe because of the regen process and a crappily running truck. There's a recall with flash to fix it.
My mechanic's buddy has a new PSD and had it idling in his driveway, when he came back out side, his wife's Lexus' rear bumper was melted and laying on the driveway in a gob of goop!! I didn't personally see it, but I have no reason to doubt what I was told.
They aren't supposed to regen when idling, but they seem to be doing it. Low speeds around town is what will block up the DPM filter though.

Old 04-09-2007, 12:14 AM
Royalty Rider

Speak for yourself. ok, have been busy. May even work tomorrow. (Had a great time with MWQ and LJ this weekend. Weather was wonderful.) But I always make time to screw off. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Thanks for making me feel bad [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 04-09-2007, 12:47 AM
Air Cooled Rider

No problem. Just one of the many services I offer. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

And I didn't even work today.

Old 04-09-2007, 03:01 AM
Quad Patrol

No problem. Just one of the many services I offer. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

LOL!

No you were off screwing around in the middle of the forest[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

LOL!

Old 04-09-2007, 03:02 AM
Quad Patrol

Had a great time with MWQ and LJ this weekend. Weather was wonderful. But I always make time to screw off. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][/quote]

I thought about you guys[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Even thought about ditching my family yesterday to go for a day ride[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] However it was in my best interest[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] to stick around the house[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 04-09-2007, 03:59 AM
Air Cooled Rider

LOL!

No you were off screwing around in the middle of the forest[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

LOL!
Nah, I was home for most of the day (got home last night about 6:30). Went and saw "Shooter" with my bro today. 2000m head shot [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 04-09-2007, 04:02 AM
Air Cooled Rider

Had a great time with MWQ and LJ this weekend. Weather was wonderful. But I always make time to screw off. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
I thought about you guys[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Even thought about ditching my family yesterday to go for a day ride[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] However it was in my best interest[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] to stick around the house[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]
Well, you were thought of. And I managed to stay behind my handlebars at all times. I need to get back in the groove for the trails. Didn't even attempt that trail again. lol. Though when I'm fresh and not sore barely riding the first day I want to try it downhill. I'm pretty sure it's really jacked. Two shots to get the lower section of S. Express and couldn't make it the upper section at all. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel