Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2007, 02:39 AM
Quad Patrol
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

How can you turn a offering like that down[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Make sure you take him to dinner too[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-13-2007, 11:26 AM
Pro Rider

If you insist, I will. Is steak OK? or seafood?

Old 04-13-2007, 04:23 PM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: Trasher
If you insist, I will. Is steak OK? or seafood?
Why not both[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Steak and Lobster[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] I like mine medium rare[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 04-18-2007, 03:06 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Whitewater
Hey, what happens in Iowa, stays in Iowa. lol

Yeah, I get to go to all the "glamorous" places. Trasher can have Hawaii, I'll take cold and gray corn country over tropical beaches anyday.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Actually, I just spent a week in Vegas on "bidness".
I was browsing past this site and thought I smelled sompin peculiar...sure enuf...Hoss is busy with his monthly stalking.

howdy y'all. haven't even tried to back-read any posts.

HEY, I just fixed a PSD problem recently. I had one cylinder out, and also had a check engine symbol. 2 different problems. One was EBP (exhaust back pressure). There's a brass colored pipe from the front of the engine running to the right front cylinder head/block area. flare nut fittings. take it off and clean it out. away goes check engine symbol.

The other problem was UVC (Under Valve Cover) wiring. I removed the valve covers and there's a wiring harness for the injectors that likes to come loose. Ford has a little plastic shim that snaps into the wiring harness connector and keeps the tension on the connection so it won't work loose. Or sometimes the actual harness needs replacing, or pins on the connector get fried. Now ya know!!

Old 04-18-2007, 11:44 PM
Pro Rider

Sup peoples!
So as some of you may or may not know. Im currently UNemployed.
Ive kinda been throwing around the idea of taking up auto detailing for a while now, but now seems to be the right time...
So yah. I just placed a pretty large order of detailing supplies from autogeek.net....
Well see how this goes. Its gonna be pretty hard at first and a deffinate learning process but i do know ALOT already. Though i still have alot more to learn. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Wish me luck...
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 04-18-2007, 11:57 PM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: powerstroke01
Sup peoples!
So as some of you may or may not know. Im currently UNemployed.
Ive kinda been throwing around the idea of taking up auto detailing for a while now, but now seems to be the right time...
So yah. I just placed a pretty large order of detailing supplies from autogeek.net....
Well see how this goes. Its gonna be pretty hard at first and a deffinate learning process but i do know ALOT already. Though i still have alot more to learn. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Wish me luck...
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]
GOOD LUCK LJ[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Are you just specializing in car detailing (waxing, buffing, shampooing[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img])or are you doing some mechanical stuff too?

Old 04-19-2007, 12:02 AM
Quad Patrol

Well hello there Confusedone[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] How ya been? Threads been kinda slow, looks like we all had a change in life around the same time[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Glad you were able to fix the PSD[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

My PSD goes in Monday for a rebuild of the fabulous 4R100 transmission[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Finally went out on me at 139,000 miles on it. 1 and 2nd gear went kaput, and the torque converter is slipping big time! After much research decided to go with the Suncoast kit to rebuild it up[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Should be just about bullet proof when it's done.

Old 04-19-2007, 01:35 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: rescuediver

GOOD LUCK LJ[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Are you just specializing in car detailing (waxing, buffing, shampooing[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img])or are you doing some mechanical stuff too?
Yeah just detailing... No mechanical.

Old 04-19-2007, 01:48 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: rescuediver
Well hello there Confusedone[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] How ya been? Threads been kinda slow, looks like we all had a change in life around the same time[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Glad you were able to fix the PSD[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

My PSD goes in Monday for a rebuild of the fabulous 4R100 transmission[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Finally went out on me at 139,000 miles on it. 1 and 2nd gear went kaput, and the torque converter is slipping big time! After much research decided to go with the Suncoast kit to rebuild it up[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Should be just about bullet proof when it's done.
Sounds like it had a good life. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Also sounds like its gonna be real nice now. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 04-19-2007, 03:46 PM
Pro Rider

good luck with tranny. I was doing some posting on thedieselshop.com and there seem to be a lot of tranny options and expert rebuilders.

LJ, nuthin like being an entrepreneur (or entre-poor). Don't give your time away. I used to detail cars back in 81-82. And I did it on weekends at the auto dealer for a few years before that, when I was in high school. make sure the glass is perfect; no streaks. tires shiny. we used to use engine shampoo and a garden hose to clean greasy engines. no pressure washer required. Then we'd clear-coat them. you sure can turn a 3 into a 9.

If you need work, Vancouver is in a massive work shortage situation right now. jobs all over, especially trades and construction.

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel