Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2007, 01:15 AM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Originally posted by: rescuediver
Well, I put the Edge Attitude on the PSD and didn't feel an improvement or get the same performance as the Bank's system on my truck. It changed the shifting point to where I wonder if I have a little bit of slipping going on[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] Even lost 3 mpg[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Took it back to my mechanic. Took it for a ride and he didn't feel anything in the transmission. Of course he doesn't drive it everyday like I do. So, to tweak it a little more, we added the Evolution to it, to see if it does any better. It does have more response[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] transmission feels better[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] But mileage is still out there. Might take it all off and put the Bank's back on it and just have gauges added to it. (on top of the transmission gauge I had him add when all this upgrading started)
I'd like to have a pod with a tranny temp and possibly pyro gauge (curiosity there). That stock Ford tranny gauge never moved. It was in the "middle" as soon as I left the shop. I know it wasn't up over 100 degrees yet. I've heard they suck. They basically pop up like a turkey popup timer. Just to let you know it's well done.

Was nice to have a good cruise control. The 150 doesn't have it, the old 450 was an add on sucky thing. Was nice to just tap Coast or Set Accel to change speed down and up. Makes it easy to dial in the speed. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Now if my GPS would work I can see how close the speedo is. The 450 is off by 5 MPH @ 60, or so.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 03-22-2007, 03:58 PM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior

I'd like to have a pod with a tranny temp and possibly pyro gauge (curiosity there). That stock Ford tranny gauge never moved. It was in the "middle" as soon as I left the shop. I know it wasn't up over 100 degrees yet. I've heard they suck. They basically pop up like a turkey popup timer. Just to let you know it's well done.

Was nice to have a good cruise control. The 150 doesn't have it, the old 450 was an add on sucky thing. Was nice to just tap Coast or Set Accel to change speed down and up. Makes it easy to dial in the speed. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Now if my GPS would work I can see how close the speedo is. The 450 is off by 5 MPH @ 60, or so.
It is nice having the gauges to see what the PSD is doing[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] my trannie takes about 5 miles or so to warm up to it's operating temp of around 135-140. Pyro is nice to watch how the temp shoots up under heavy acceleration. Haven't pulled my WW with it yet to see what it does under those conditons.

I would think with the loads you are pulling it would be a good addition to the truck.

Old 03-23-2007, 03:25 AM
Air Cooled Rider

It is nice having the gauges to see what the PSD is doing[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] my trannie takes about 5 miles or so to warm up to it's operating temp of around 135-140. Pyro is nice to watch how the temp shoots up under heavy acceleration. Haven't pulled my WW with it yet to see what it does under those conditons.

I would think with the loads you are pulling it would be a good addition to the truck.
That truck is built more for hauling than towing. It's got about a 4' frame extension on it (16' bed). The hitch is rated for 600# tongue, 10K towing. Tell me, please, how 600 is 10% of 10,000. We've got in the neighborhood of 9000 lbs available payload capacity. It's a longer WB and can out-turn the old 450. I think it can dang near turn as tight as the 150.

Old 03-23-2007, 11:55 PM
Quad Patrol

That truck is built more for hauling than towing. It's got about a 4' frame extension on it (16' bed). The hitch is rated for 600# tongue, 10K towing. Tell me, please, how 600 is 10% of 10,000. We've got in the neighborhood of 9000 lbs available payload capacity. It's a longer WB and can out-turn the old 450. I think it can dang near turn as tight as the 150.[/quote]

Now that ratio just doesn't add up[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] That's a pretty good turning radius for a truck that size[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-25-2007, 02:27 AM
Air Cooled Rider

That truck is built more for hauling than towing. It's got about a 4' frame extension on it (16' bed). The hitch is rated for 600# tongue, 10K towing. Tell me, please, how 600 is 10% of 10,000. We've got in the neighborhood of 9000 lbs available payload capacity. It's a longer WB and can out-turn the old 450. I think it can dang near turn as tight as the 150.
Now that ratio just doesn't add up[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] That's a pretty good turning radius for a truck that size[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][/quote]

Unless you're pulling doubles. Which I would doubt with a 16' flatbed and that extension. I think it's got a really good wheel cut. I'll have to check it out one of these days. Ford took a lot of grief over the lackluster turning in the 450/550s. I think most MDTs run a 40-55 degree cut. This thing feels like the front end is going sideways when you are at close to lock.

Old 03-27-2007, 12:11 PM
Range Rover
Old 03-27-2007, 03:25 PM
Quad Patrol

I don't see a problem[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Ford was just the first to make a production PSd with a jet[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-29-2007, 11:26 PM
Pro Rider

Hey ya'll, just making my monthly cameo appearance. Hope all is well with the FBK bunch. I just sold my sp400 and am about to embark on dirt bikes for my boys...good grief. They are insisting on MX. Hopefully I can find a couple of used bikes for cheap.

Old 03-30-2007, 12:49 AM
Quad Patrol

That's cool[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img] you'll be spending more time at the track watching the other mx mom's[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 04-05-2007, 12:32 AM
Pro Rider

I don't see a problem[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Ford was just the first to make a production PSd with a jet[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

I can't figure those flames out. Seems like a bit of BS to me. What's causing the ignition at the tail pipe? I can't believe that it comes through the pipe and muffler without going out. Plus that truck sounds like a big piece, knocking big time.

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel