Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2007, 01:31 AM
Quad Patrol
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

From what I've read, it certainly can be the CMP. On mine, it just died on the way home from work. No kind of warning. It did take a couple of extra cranking seconds to get it going again. After the second one, I couldn't get over 25mph. So I limped home (hoping I catch every light which I did). While in the driveway I tried to keep the rpms around 2,000 or so but once there, the power would start falling fast. This is when I thought it was a fuel related issue. That was until I pulled the code off the truck and it showed a CMP code. After reading about it on dieselstop.com I was relieved it was something that was not major and after talking to the local dealership it was only $29 plus change. It took me longer to get the 10mm bolt loosened than it did to put the new one in. Anyways, here's a article on it

CMP info

Old 05-18-2007, 02:25 AM
Pro Rider

thanks for the cmp info, I have a 99 super duty and it runs great but it gives me a heads up, it has 124,000 and still strong

Old 05-18-2007, 02:40 AM
Quad Patrol

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: booboobear

thanks for the cmp info, I have a 99 super duty and it runs great but it gives me a heads up, it has 124,000 and still strong</end quote></div>

Your welcome[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] We do give out helpful information in this thread too[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

I have 141,000 mile on mine[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] and just had the transmission rebuilt. Outside of that, I can not complain about the PSD[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img] it's been a great truck for me.

Old 05-18-2007, 02:42 AM
Quad Patrol

I might add that I am going to heed the advice of the author in the thread I posted and put a second one in my PSD. Also going to carry a 10mm offset boxed end wrench. That way, I have it ready if it decides to go out when I am off the beaten path.

Old 05-19-2007, 01:18 AM
Quad Patrol

If I have any luck it's bad luck[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img] Went out this morning to start the PSd and the starter went out[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img] hhmmm, I think the fuel pump is next[img]i/expressions/devil.gif[/img] Think I'll have another[img]i/expressions/beer.gif[/img]

Old 05-19-2007, 04:19 PM
Pro Rider

So how do you guys like the new look of the forum?

Old 05-20-2007, 01:29 AM
Quad Patrol

It's alright, looks like other forums now. Still getting used to it.

Old 05-20-2007, 02:21 AM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: rescuediver

If I have any luck it's bad luck[img][/img] Went out this morning to start the PSd and the starter went out[img][/img] hhmmm, I think the fuel pump is next[img][/img] Think I'll have another[img][/img]</end quote></div>

Dang. You're having all kinds of issues lately. First the tranny. You're gonna end up with a nearly new truck.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 05-20-2007, 02:22 AM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Whitewater

So how do you guys like the new look of the forum?</end quote></div>

It's ok. I kinda like the old forum. Don't care much for things when all the forums look the same. Some things still need to be worked on. Lots of issues on Friday when I was hanging out in The Spin Zone.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 05-20-2007, 02:34 AM
Quad Patrol

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: rescuediver

If I have any luck it's bad luck[IMG][/IMG] Went out this morning to start the PSd and the starter went out[IMG][/IMG] hhmmm, I think the fuel pump is next[IMG][/IMG] Think I'll have another[IMG][/IMG]</end quote></div>

Dang. You're having all kinds of issues lately. First the tranny. You're gonna end up with a nearly new truck.</end quote></div>

I know, the wife thinks I am doing some of this on purpose[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Of course, I would never do anything like that[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

I really can't complain about my PSD[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] It's a daily driver and has yet to leave me stranded[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Of course, it's gone out in my driveway[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel