Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2004, 03:57 AM
Quad Patrol
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Originally posted by: confusedbuyer
good thing they draw a line at the 49th parallel... NOT! we're so overdo for a major one here, they've been preparing forever and predicting the worst. yep, the whole wet coast could just crack away into the abyss.
I hope not, I live only 88 feet above sea level and in a stinking valley. I would definately be permanately scuba diving[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] I need to hurry up and buy my property up the hill[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Cancel that, I just saw that a 5.5 hit east of Yosemite, north of Bishop[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]on Sept. 18. Man, they're all around us[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] and there's NO WHERE TO HIDE[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 09-29-2004, 04:00 AM
Quad Patrol

Confused one, I'm looking into adding a pull start onto our LT 160. Did you have one on yours and if so, did you put it on yourself? I posted a thread earlier, but, no one responded to it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 09-29-2004, 04:15 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

where'd ya post it? Kids quads? i never saw it, or I'd have heaped some abuse on ya![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I'm pretty sure we don't have it. BUT..... do you think you need it?? being a semi-auto, couldn't you jump start it, or pull it to start it? I should experiment with mine and see.

funny you should ask, cuz my Breeze wouldn't start 2 days ago and i tried pulling it around with a tow rope. well, belt drives DO NOT jump/pull start. we added the pull start to the LT80, it was a factory purchased add-on. I don't recall seeing a spot where a pull start would just bolt on for the 160, but i didn't look that close. I'd ask your Suzuki dealer. let me know what ya find out.

also, after realizing the Breeze lacks any back-up start i got to thinkin about other smaller quads with auxillary starting ability. There are (2) 2003 Bombardier Rallys for sale locally for about $2800 (US). They are a 200cc 2wd auto with electric and pull start. i was thinkin for the wife that may be kinda nice cuz our '84 yamaha 200 has ZERO shocks or suspension. i'd rather get her somthin a little bigger, but we have a space and weight limit consideration we already push past the limit on our quad deck (oh yeah, i got a few more pics of that, that i'll post for ya soon).

Old 09-29-2004, 04:18 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my buddy came over 2night and we went and watched a bad junior hockey game. anyways, he left a box of crispy-cremes. IMHO, this stuff is the equivalent of crack cocaine for cops! same addictive characteristics after just one donut. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 09-29-2004, 04:28 AM
Quad Patrol

I posted it in the Suzuki thread[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]I was hoping a mechanic guru would reply. I knew if no one did, I would ask you here[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Yea you can add the pull start to the 160. I went to start ours this morning and it was a little finicky[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Battery was low. So, i charged it and it started right up. Anyways, Yea, I could push/pull start it. But, In the sand, with the kids doing majority of the riding, thought for around a hundred bucks. It would be cheap insurance. It bolts on the left side I think. I know it does take one though.
I lost my only contact a the local Yamaha dealer[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]So, now, I'll end up paying full price and no techinical help or very little[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Guess, I'll do my best. You said you had one on your 80, did you do it yourself?
Did you think about a 250 for your wife? Nice, full size, quad without being over powered. How about a trail balzer 250? I know my wife loves her 400 sport[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] And you know what, it comes with a back up pull start. Man, is that thing a pain in the rear to pull stat. But, it is nice to have though[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Yea, get your pictures up, I would love to see your set up up close[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-29-2004, 04:30 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: confusedbuyer
my buddy came over 2night and we went and watched a bad junior hockey game. anyways, he left a box of crispy-cremes. IMHO, this stuff is the equivalent of crack cocaine for cops! same addictive characteristics after just one donut. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
We are into mochas and bagels[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Krispys are alright. Dunkin Donuts (None in Cali[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]) are the best though IMHTGO[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-29-2004, 04:42 AM
Quad Patrol

I'm looking to add a 5th quad to our family[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Not sure if, it will be a mid size quad for the kids or a quad for me[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]If it's for me, I'm looking at the Raptor 660, Predator w/ reverse or the Suzuki 400.

I also have my work out out for me to get all our rides and the trailer ready for Thanksgiving. I'm going to have to light a fire under my daughters to help me get it done. I also need to order new tires for our Honda 70.

Confused, I just sent you a PM. MD

Old 09-29-2004, 08:09 AM
Weekend Warrior

After 4 Ford pickups in a row, I passed on the diesel 350 and went a little wierd. I ended up with an Avalanche 2500 3/4 ton with the 8.1 liter big block V8.

Torque-wise, the diesel would slaughter the Avalanche. MPG as well. I only average 11MPG. But the sheer versatility of the Avalanche sold me. People either love em or hate em. I love mine, and with leather, a DVD player, Onstar, XM Radio, and a camper tent for the rear bed, the amenities are hard to beat. I also had the Avalanche grille guard attached, which took some modding because it is made for the 1500, not the 2500. Basically, they welded it to the frame to get it on there.

The 8.1 is the coolest powerplant I have ever owned! I am mulling over dual exhaust and a few other mods, but otherwise it is still stock.

Old 09-29-2004, 11:08 AM
Pro Rider

Good Morning FBK Brothers. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
I've been a busy little boy (stalking women at work).[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] j/k Just wanted to say hello.

I think we should all say hello to Alucard.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Alucard, you bought a plastolanche? Poor Bastard.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 09-29-2004, 11:31 AM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best

Hello Alucard [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] maybe one day you will realize that chevy just aint not ford!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] and if it aint got black smoke billowing from the exhaust and blue smoke from the tires hows everyon one suppose to know their gettin their *** kicked [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Dammit Confused. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img] Between you and ned you just dont get it. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] man no wonder all you men end up with no nookie!!! you gotta cause them to want it, crave it, beg for it. you know after you done went and showed her what god inteded sex for... fornicate and pop out a kid and next time you fornicate you have another kid... she gets a lil gunshy everytime you get the dilly dally out. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] ked your self fixed so ya dont need to worry about kids and rekindle your early 20's flame. show her you can rock her like she never been rocked. careful not to do it to good at first. you gotta work into it. Cuz once you start the one uppin process there is no end to it.

Seattle - Vancouver,BC are due for some monsters beyond a magnitude cali has ever seen. Were talkin Liquid earth and the buildings sink and fall over crap should be fun. I am always on the rocks. but i can just see it im out riding my quad and i am on a hill side, i punch it and the hill under me dissapears [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Pull starts are easy to add on its only a couple bolts. if you can get the part

Nice avatar Hoss [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] better than the fat girl. now you just look like a pedifile [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Well time for a shower and to hit the trail into work. back in an hour or so.

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel