Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2007, 11:41 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

I have a 2002 Ford Excursion Diesel 7.3L and i pull a 26 foot enclosed race trailer with no problems at all!!! My dad works for a ford dealer and the diesel mechanic says not to get the 6.0L b/c they have nothing but problems.

Old 03-11-2007, 11:49 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior
Originally posted by: rescuediver
Thanks Skinner.

Stopped at Dumont on the way to Vegas, looking to make a trip there real soon[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Might even have to hit Calico and Racor Road too!
I'm looking to a trip here soon. I'm off Good Friday. Thinking about Miami. All my buddies locally want somewhere close. And I've got a couple of days of CompTime as I put in 32.5 hrs between Wed & Thurs. I'm still recovering...
I don't think we have Good Friday off, if we do maybe we'll hook up at Miami.

Wife starts her new job Monday, so hopefully we can start slowing down as a family and start riding/camping more. I would like to ride Hungry Valley before it gets to warm to ride down there.

Old 03-11-2007, 12:00 PM
Quad Patrol

Went to our company dinner last night; was recognized for the most Improved Person" over the last year[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] (Not to hard when I started off not knowing anything[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]) anyways, got a nice little check with the certificate. Looking to upgrade the power package in my truck. Looking for a tuner with display on it for EGT, Boost and Oil/Transmission. I have some Banks on the PSD, but Banks 6 Gun PDA doesn't match the '01 PSD[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] and from what I've seen on the 2" Module for the Banks 6 Gun it doesn't look like it's what I am looking for.

Anyways, I know Edge is out there, anyone else have suggestions?

Old 03-11-2007, 12:05 PM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: YamahaFanatic5
I have a 2002 Ford Excursion Diesel 7.3L and i pull a 26 foot enclosed race trailer with no problems at all!!! My dad works for a ford dealer and the diesel mechanic says not to get the 6.0L b/c they have nothing but problems.
Hello YamahaFanatic5,

The first year 6.0 did have it's problems like the other major 2 players did. Even had a friend who had his 6.0 bought back by Ford. He bought the next model year and hasn't had any problems and loves his truck. Anyways, there is always a lemon in the best of them[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] A good friend has the '05 6.0 that thing is the bomb[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] He had tweaked it with the Banks Six Gun and the 6.0 responds real well to it. Now we'll have to see what happens with the 6.4[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Hopefully, there won't be any major problems.

Old 03-12-2007, 02:25 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior
Thanks Skinner.

Stopped at Dumont on the way to Vegas, looking to make a trip there real soon[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Might even have to hit Calico and Racor Road too!
I'm looking to a trip here soon. I'm off Good Friday. Thinking about Miami. All my buddies locally want somewhere close. And I've got a couple of days of CompTime as I put in 32.5 hrs between Wed & Thurs. I'm still recovering...
I don't think we have Good Friday off, if we do maybe we'll hook up at Miami.

Wife starts her new job Monday, so hopefully we can start slowing down as a family and start riding/camping more. I would like to ride Hungry Valley before it gets to warm to ride down there.
I want to get to HV too. Money was a little tight in Feb and had to stand up MWQ. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 03-13-2007, 12:19 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior I want to get to HV too. Money was a little tight in Feb and had to stand up MWQ. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
Maybe we can hook up in about a month or so[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Wife should be on a regular schedule.

Old 03-21-2007, 10:05 PM
Air Cooled Rider

Round trip today to Chatsworth and back in the 550. Ohhh she pulls so nice. Pulled The Grapevine at 65 both ways, without a sweat. Ran 10+MPG each way, and I was running 70 from the I-5/99 split home. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] I'm just glad I'm not paying the $130 in fuel. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] Got pulled in for inspection at the scales nb at Magic Mountain. WTH! They just looked at DL and Reg. 1200 miles that truck hasn't even broken in the tires.

Old 03-21-2007, 11:24 PM
Quad Patrol

No scale or anything else? Is your company logo on the side of it? Curious if they were looking at it from a private party perspective[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 03-21-2007, 11:31 PM
Quad Patrol

Well, I put the Edge Attitude on the PSD and didn't feel an improvement or get the same performance as the Bank's system on my truck. It changed the shifting point to where I wonder if I have a little bit of slipping going on[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] Even lost 3 mpg[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Took it back to my mechanic. Took it for a ride and he didn't feel anything in the transmission. Of course he doesn't drive it everyday like I do. So, to tweak it a little more, we added the Evolution to it, to see if it does any better. It does have more response[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] transmission feels better[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] But mileage is still out there. Might take it all off and put the Bank's back on it and just have gauges added to it. (on top of the transmission gauge I had him add when all this upgrading started)

Old 03-22-2007, 01:11 AM
Air Cooled Rider

No scale or anything else? Is your company logo on the side of it? Curious if they were looking at it from a private party perspective[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
Yeah it was at the scales down there. Technically I think it's the Castaic Inspection Station. Pulled in with a decent load. Had 2 "gang boxes" (VERY large tool boxes), 4 large motor starters (about 700lb ea), a bin of wire (one guess is on the light side of 2000lb...I doubt that heavy), a plan table and some personal stuff we shuffled from a pickup to make room for stuff in it. Anyways, pulled into "Lane A" for loaded trucks, B & C were "Empty" lanes. I think they were turning the scale open sign off and on. Lots of trucks bypassing. Anyways, I roll over the scale and get a red light and the guy yelling at me to stop. "<Company Name> STOP!" "<Company Name> Pull to Bay 1 for inspection."

No logo but our CA# was on there. Boss isn't putting the company name on trucks anymore. So people won't know which trade or who we are I guess. Or just doesn't want to deal with trying to get the guy to make them.

Guy walked up and asked for my DL and Reg. Looked at them and said he'd be back in a minute, just checking paperwork. I just got the plates yesterday from DMV office. The originals were lost in the mail. Guy came back after about 5 minutes, handed them back to me and told me to have a nice day.

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel