Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2007, 02:05 AM
Quad Patrol
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarriorWell, upon the advice of some friends I'm going to apply for a city job. Pays about 60% more a year. With things up in the air about a possible sale, having to work with this coworker and my own financial goals, some things are going to need to change. They don't pay me enough to be telling someone who has an BS in Elec Engineering how to do stuff. And it's not just telling him one. It's telling him MULTIPLE times how to do something, what to do and what NOT to do.</end quote></div>

Now your talking[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I always think about getting back into the public field. Better pay and benefits[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Good luck[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I know it is a lot better then the private sector[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 06-01-2007, 02:06 AM
Quad Patrol

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: powerstroke01I applied for a job at carmax today. [img][/img]</end quote></div>

Good Luck[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] They are building one of them here.

Old 06-01-2007, 02:09 AM
Quad Patrol

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: powerstroke01hehehe

Anyways. Got the truck back. The bill was like 370 something i think, naybe lower.. [img][/img]</end quote></div>

Ha, when it's almost $6,000 in less than 3 weeks[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img] you can talk[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

What was wrong with it?

Old 06-01-2007, 02:13 AM
Quad Patrol

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: rescuediver

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarriorWell, upon the advice of some friends I'm going to apply for a city job. Pays about 60% more a year. With things up in the air about a possible sale, having to work with this coworker and my own financial goals, some things are going to need to change. They don't pay me enough to be telling someone who has an BS in Elec Engineering how to do stuff. And it's not just telling him one. It's telling him MULTIPLE times how to do something, what to do and what NOT to do.</end quote></div>

Now your talking[img][/img] I always think about getting back into the public field. Better pay and benefits[img][/img] Good luck[img][/img] I know it is a lot better then the private sector IMO[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] You won't be working the crazy hours you have posted[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Like you said better pay, better vacation time off (If I was still with the county I'd be getting 5 weeks a year come October[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] ) Only difference I see with the private sector is you get a bonus every so often[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] With the bonuses I've gotten, I think the hourly salary from the public side would nullify any bonus I could get.[img][/img]</end quote></div>

Old 06-01-2007, 02:38 AM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: powerstroke01hehehe

Anyways. Got the truck back. The bill was like 370 something i think, naybe lower.. [IMG][/IMG]</end quote></div>

Ha, when it's almost $6,000 in less than 3 weeks[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif" border="0[/IMG] you can talk[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif" border="0[/IMG]

What was wrong with it?</end quote></div>

INjector wiring harness, theres a plastic part that wears out from heat cycling/time and comes apart.. It could be glued back together but its better to replace... They also replaced a valve cover gasket i think..

Old 06-01-2007, 12:35 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

Now your talking[img][/img] I always think about getting back into the public field. Better pay and benefits[img][/img] Good luck[img][/img] I know it is a lot better then the private sector[img][/img]</end quote></div>

I'm having issues dealing with a new guy who's God's gift. He knows all. Is the best at doing whatever. And he found out I ride and wants to go to Pismo sometime (he's got 4 quads I guess.) Well, he can just hold his breath. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] When you're having to correct the drawings of someone who makes considerably more than you and who is supposed to be all that...it tends to wear on one. Especially pulling the hours I did this week when he left several hours earlier than I would each night.

I'm used to the way mu supervisor and I do projects. It's much more efficient with less down time for me waiting for engineering.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 06-01-2007, 08:04 PM
Pro Rider

thanks rescue driver, I didnt think there was any after markets for the bearing assembly, I dont think there is a way to do it but to replace the whole assembly since it is all 1 piece

Old 06-12-2007, 02:18 AM
Quad Patrol

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: booboobear

thanks rescue driver, I didnt think there was any after markets for the bearing assembly, I dont think there is a way to do it but to replace the whole assembly since it is all 1 piece</end quote></div>

I thought I had read that there was a aftermarket replacement. Apparently I am wrong[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Which I can't imagine[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 06-12-2007, 02:20 AM
Quad Patrol

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior

Now your talking[IMG][/IMG] I always think about getting back into the public field. Better pay and benefits[IMG][/IMG] Good luck[IMG][/IMG] I know it is a lot better then the private sector[IMG][/IMG]</end quote></div>

I'm having issues dealing with a new guy who's God's gift. He knows all. Is the best at doing whatever. And he found out I ride and wants to go to Pismo sometime (he's got 4 quads I guess.) Well, he can just hold his breath. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif" border="0[/IMG] When you're having to correct the drawings of someone who makes considerably more than you and who is supposed to be all that...it tends to wear on one. Especially pulling the hours I did this week when he left several hours earlier than I would each night.

I'm used to the way mu supervisor and I do projects. It's much more efficient with less down time for me waiting for engineering.</end quote></div>

Skinner, I am dealing with a co-worker right now like yours. Not a team player[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/devil.gif[/img]

Have you applied for that position?

Old 06-12-2007, 02:42 AM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior

booboobear, I was way to busy at work to call today[IMG][/IMG] I left myself a message and will try to call tomorrow.</end quote></div>

Busy at work? Hah. 8am-2:30am Tues, 9am-5am yesterday.</end quote></div>

That's just palin crazy!!

Hope your Boss remember's you come bonuses[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif" border="0[/IMG]</end quote></div>

Those are some looooooooong hours there my friend[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel