Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2007, 03:55 PM
Quad Patrol
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Originally posted by: powerstroke01
Originally posted by: rescuediver
Well hello there Confusedone[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] How ya been? Threads been kinda slow, looks like we all had a change in life around the same time[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Glad you were able to fix the PSD[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

My PSD goes in Monday for a rebuild of the fabulous 4R100 transmission[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Finally went out on me at 139,000 miles on it. 1 and 2nd gear went kaput, and the torque converter is slipping big time! After much research decided to go with the Suncoast kit to rebuild it up[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Should be just about bullet proof when it's done.
Sounds like it had a good life. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Also sounds like its gonna be real nice now. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
It's life was decent[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Wish it would of lasted at least another 10,000 or so miles. But I have averaged approx. 23,000 miles per year on it and tow a trailer quite often. I am looking forward to the next one[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Hopefully, it will last the remainder of the truck's life (which is also my life[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img])

Old 04-19-2007, 03:59 PM
Quad Patrol

[quote]
Originally posted by: nedflanders
good luck with tranny. I was doing some posting on thedieselshop.com and there seem to be a lot of tranny options and expert rebuilders.[quote]

I visit that forum quite often too. What I have seen though[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] is too many people point out how their product is so much better than the next guys product. Sometimes I wonder if some of the posters are not being paid to bash everyone elses. The bashing shows up waaayyyyyyy to much for me!!

I had already decided I liked Sun Coast before I talked to my mechanic and he quickly mentioned Sun Coast too[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] So, it made up my mind. Also, he's been running the re-build in his transmission for 4 hard years and it's still running strong.

Old 04-19-2007, 07:04 PM
Pro Rider

we'd clear-coat them. you sure can turn a 3 into a 9.
Sounds like what I do to sheep...clear-coat them.

Old 04-24-2007, 01:19 AM
Pro Rider

[quote]
Originally posted by: rescuediver
[quote]
good luck with tranny. I was doing some posting on thedieselshop.com and there seem to be a lot of tranny options and expert rebuilders.

I visit that forum quite often too. What I have seen though[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] is too many people point out how their product is so much better than the next guys product. Sometimes I wonder if some of the posters are not being paid to bash everyone elses. The bashing shows up waaayyyyyyy to much for me!!

I had already decided I liked Sun Coast before I talked to my mechanic and he quickly mentioned Sun Coast too[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] So, it made up my mind. Also, he's been running the re-build in his transmission for 4 hard years and it's still running strong.

Good luck with the tranny. That's always a fun time getting that repaired. When you said that you had tranny problems I thought Hoss was giving you a hard time [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-24-2007, 01:24 AM
Pro Rider

Been a tough week so far. Working on Oahu, going golfing tomorrow at Turtle bay in 20-30 MPH winds, I'll probably will try another course on Thursday, and I made three sales today to help justify the trip for the week. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Life's a beach...............
This makes up for all the pain trying to get this position [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-25-2007, 04:27 PM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: TrasherWhen you said that you had tranny problems I thought Hoss was giving you a hard time [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
LOL! nah Hoss only gives the sheep a hard[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] time[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 04-25-2007, 04:28 PM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: Trasher
Been a tough week so far. Working on Oahu, going golfing tomorrow at Turtle bay in 20-30 MPH winds, I'll probably will try another course on Thursday, and I made three sales today to help justify the trip for the week. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Life's a beach...............
This makes up for all the pain trying to get this position [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Now life is hard[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] and just remember to yell FORE a lot[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 04-25-2007, 09:13 PM
Pro Rider

The game was unreal yesterday. That course is something to play on. Never thought I would pay so much to play a round of golf but it was worth every dime spent. I guess it's one of those things you have to experience to believe.

It was very windy since the tradewinds were blowing about 20-30 mph but it didn't seem to affect the play as much as I expected. I did adjust for it before every shot but it worked out good. Shot 7 over for 18 holes which I think ties my personal best and on this course I was blown away. I kept pulling shots out my rear all day long [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] The guys I played with weren't all that good (and need to learn how to add ) [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] but have a great time. Going to try and play again for 9 holes this afternoon and see what trouble I can get into [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 04-25-2007, 09:37 PM
rv
Pro Rider

i have a 01 7.3 crew and its been good to me 107700 kms on it,its been a supper crew for me! doesnt start as good in the winter as it used to though! i pull a 31 ft bumper pull 4 bunk and a small boat that ways 3000 lbs including trailor.

Old 04-26-2007, 02:21 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: Trasher
The game was unreal yesterday. That course is something to play on. Never thought I would pay so much to play a round of golf but it was worth every dime spent. I guess it's one of those things you have to experience to believe.

It was very windy since the tradewinds were blowing about 20-30 mph but it didn't seem to affect the play as much as I expected. I did adjust for it before every shot but it worked out good. Shot 7 over for 18 holes which I think ties my personal best and on this course I was blown away. I kept pulling shots out my rear all day long [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] The guys I played with weren't all that good (and need to learn how to add ) [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] but have a great time. Going to try and play again for 9 holes this afternoon and see what trouble I can get into [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Did you use ***** that had wings on them to glide in the wind[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Hhmmm, I seem to remember that people who can not play well[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Have a hard time with their adding skills[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I here people here complain about paying to play at Pebble Beach and not enjoy their game[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] I've never played on the course, but have seen it a few times and know my green fees would not even start to pay for the divits I would leave behind[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel