Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2008, 12:09 PM
Military Rider
My hobbies are NASCAR, Rockin' in the Free World, and riding my Sand Pigs at every available opportunity.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Whitewater

Big hands, big feet? Sheesh...lucky guy.

</end quote></div>

Yeah, but that other theory doesn't hold true! LOL Have the big truck to compensate though...

Old 03-07-2008, 04:40 PM
Pro Rider

I compensate through a big truck as well.

Old 03-08-2008, 06:57 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

Well I've finally seen it. The Chevron by my house is 4.159 for #2. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 03-10-2008, 12:34 AM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Whitewater

Went to Vegas over the weekend![img][/img] We went to Nascar...it was a blast! It was a sea of red necks.</end quote></div>

Id like to go to Vegas to see a race sometime.

Ive been to 3 nascar and 2 champ car races(both in houston). Deff a fun time. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-10-2008, 12:45 AM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior

Well I've finally seen it. The Chevron by my house is 4.159 for #2. [img][/img]</end quote></div>

Yeah its getting really sucky. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

I went to pick up a horse last week in socal and paid 3.779 had to put 44 gallons in the F250. For a total of $166..
And on the way down between Mojave and Palmdale i had a tire let go on the left rear of the horse trailer. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Just had to happen when it was getting dark too. So i waited for a while and finally got a tow truck out there to beat the fender back into submission since it had been knocked into the way of teh tire. The dude got that done, got the spare on and we figured out why my trailer running lights weren't working.. Was just a broken wire that was shorting out.

Ended up getting 4 new tires the next day. And pops will be getting a new fender pretty soon.

Anyways, about the horse... Supposedly he was supposed to be free. I guess theres no such thing as a free horse.

Old 03-10-2008, 12:35 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: powerstroke01
Yeah its getting really sucky. [img][/img]

I went to pick up a horse last week in socal and paid 3.779 had to put 44 gallons in the F250. For a total of $166..

And on the way down between Mojave and Palmdale i had a tire let go on the left rear of the horse trailer. [img][/img] Just had to happen when it was getting dark too. So i waited for a while and finally got a tow truck out there to beat the fender back into submission since it had been knocked into the way of teh tire. The dude got that done, got the spare on and we figured out why my trailer running lights weren't working.. Was just a broken wire that was shorting out.

Ended up getting 4 new tires the next day. And pops will be getting a new fender pretty soon.

Anyways, about the horse... Supposedly he was supposed to be free. I guess theres no such thing as a free horse. </end quote></div>

Looks like you didn't get it free, and you didn't get it now. Wait...wrong thread. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Oh, top honors moved to another Chevron at 4.199 yesterday. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Never thought I'd think the 3.899 I paid up in Lodi was a bargain. I got just under 10gpm running at about 24500-25000lb heading up north. I don't even want to think what it would have been with the 460. 13.6 coming home empty.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 03-11-2008, 05:19 PM
Pro Rider

http://www.forestriverinc.com/...oice=brochure&nav=rec

Look what I just bought yesterday. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I sold the old trailer in two days.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

It's the Wildcat 31QBSB.

Old 03-11-2008, 05:23 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: powerstroke01

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior

Well I've finally seen it. The Chevron by my house is 4.159 for #2. [IMG][/IMG]</end quote></div>

Yeah its getting really sucky. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif" border="0[/IMG]

And on the way down between Mojave and Palmdale i had a tire let go on the left rear of the horse trailer. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif" border="0[/IMG] Just had to happen when it was getting dark too. So i waited for a while and finally got a tow truck out there to beat the fender back into submission since it had been knocked into the way of teh tire. The dude got that done, got the spare on and we figured out why my trailer running lights weren't working.. Was just a broken wire that was shorting out.

Anyways, about the horse... Supposedly he was supposed to be free. I guess theres no such thing as a free horse. </end quote></div>

Been there done that!

Old 03-17-2008, 11:12 PM
Military Rider
My hobbies are NASCAR, Rockin' in the Free World, and riding my Sand Pigs at every available opportunity.

Any of you Ford or truck guys able to decipher the tab on my differential? Drivers side says: Synth 5W30 only. I've got that one. The passenger side tab has two sets of numbers and letters. Across the top is: 5 409 H
The bottom has the first digit under the bolt but it appears to be a S or a B or something with a loop at the bottom. The rest of the lower line is: L73 10 5 1D24

I'm trying to find out my gear ratio and was told it would be on the tab. My silly *** can't find anything gear related on there at all. Was hoping to find 3.55 so that I could put in 3.73 and cure my towing ills that I've been experiencing.
Thanks for your help.

Old 03-18-2008, 12:07 AM
Pro Rider

Ace,

The 3L73 means limited slip 3.73:1. 10 5 means ring gear diameter of 10.5. The S409H is a sterling axle.

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that's what it means.

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel