Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2006, 04:13 PM
Quad Patrol
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Oh yea, Welcome to the forums[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 09-25-2006, 04:15 PM
Quad Patrol

The PSD is in the shop right now getting air bags put on it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I figure my weight capacity just went up 3 fold[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

J/K Skinner[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] LOL!

Old 09-25-2006, 04:57 PM
Quad Patrol

Ok guys, back on to the topic of PSDs. I am thinking about getting an exhaust brake. After some research over at dieselstop, I've learned of the electronic exhaust brake. Here is on on E-Bay ]electronic exhaust brakeit was giving good reviews by PSD owners over there. Some say it doesn't have the same stopping power as a true engine brake, but for the price, it does well. There is also this one on ebay I found; another one. Now, let the comments flow[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-25-2006, 11:30 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

Originally posted by: rescuediver
The PSD is in the shop right now getting air bags put on it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I figure my weight capacity just went up 3 fold[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

There's a smart @ss in every group. Usually it's me. LOL

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 09-25-2006, 11:31 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

Ok guys, back on to the topic of PSDs. I am thinking about getting an exhaust brake. After some research over at dieselstop, I've learned of the electronic exhaust brake. Here is on on E-Bay ]electronic exhaust brakeit was giving good reviews by PSD owners over there. Some say it doesn't have the same stopping power as a true engine brake, but for the price, it does well. There is also this one on ebay I found; another one. Now, let the comments flow[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Banks Brake is pretty cool.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 09-26-2006, 12:38 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior

There's a smart @ss in every group. Usually it's me. LOL

Then Houston! we have a problem[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] LOL!

Old 09-26-2006, 12:41 AM
Quad Patrol

I know[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] And I prefer to stay with Banks. However, the $1000-/+ or so price is a little steep at the moment[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] I just think about Cuesta Grade and how to help keep the rig slow as I decent without braking and shifting gears, I know all the possible answers to how to do it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Just looking at different options to get the job done[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-26-2006, 12:50 AM
Quad Patrol

I like the way the truck rides with the air bags[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Went over RXR tracks and didn't have the abrupt jarring that I have been used to. I think it's also time to start looking at new shocks/suspension[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

The truck also got a compliment from the shop that worked on it. He (shop owner) has done numerous things to it (ok, all of the aftermarket stuff[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]) When my old partner picked it up tonight, the shop owner mentioned how it looked[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img], meaning the stained under carriage, banged up bed[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] wife's custom body work, etc. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] My partner told him this truck is actually used in the real world and not babied anymore[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] that it actually sees the dirt, mud and sand in the world[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 09-26-2006, 02:26 AM
Pro Rider

I know[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] And I prefer to stay with Banks. However, the $1000-/+ or so price is a little steep at the moment[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] I just think about Cuesta Grade and how to help keep the rig slow as I decent without braking and shifting gears, I know all the possible answers to how to do it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Just looking at different options to get the job done[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Alls i need to say is that, IT WORKS. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 09-26-2006, 02:28 AM
Pro Rider

So since the jeep has longer springs does that mean that i can haul more in the back??!?!?! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

*runs*

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel