Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2008, 02:33 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: rescuediver

On my way to Pismo for the holiday week[img][/img] Wanted to pray that everyone in the PSD thread has a safe and belly full on Thanksgiving Day[img][/img]</end quote></div>

I have to get up there with the quads. I visit my son but never drag the trailer with me.

I'm forced to leave in the morning on a business ([img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]) trip to Hawaii for almost 2 weeks. Just in case of a emergency I will be bringing the clubs[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 11-30-2008, 02:35 AM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: rescuediver

Next week we hope to have some good news. REALLY good news. [IMG][/IMG]</end quote></div>

You can now tell the future[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif" border="0[/IMG] and you are going to win the lottery[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif" border="0[/IMG]</end quote></div>

Oh I wish.

Should be hearing about a couple of nice jobs. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif" border="0[/IMG]</end quote></div>

well??? Did you get one of them cush jobs like Hoss has?

Old 12-02-2008, 07:49 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Trasher

Should be hearing about a couple of nice jobs. [img][/img]</end quote></div>

well??? Did you get one of them cush jobs like Hoss has?</end quote></div>

No, these work jobs for work. Negatory on both of them. One was in Turlock near MD and MWQ. The boss told the general contractor that we would not bid at all if they got a bid from someone. They said he would not. He ended up getting both jobs. The other one is here in town. Best we can find is that he has one license suspended, the other inactive. Is this someone you'd want doing a $2M and $1M+ job for you?

Needless to say the boss has been pissed.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 12-06-2008, 02:32 AM
Pro Rider

No, these work jobs for work. Negatory on both of them. One was in Turlock near MD and MWQ. The boss told the general contractor that we would not bid at all if they got a bid from someone. They said he would not. He ended up getting both jobs. The other one is here in town. Best we can find is that he has one license suspended, the other inactive. Is this someone you'd want doing a $2M and $1M+ job for you?

Don't you love it when slime ***** get all the business? Weird how that works out. Most people never check into who they are hiring. It's all about price, not the people any more. Don't worry. Just ask the government to bail them out if they need to have it redone[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 12-06-2008, 02:34 AM
Pro Rider

Started the weekend off on the right foot today. Golfed a killer round on Maui and I am forced to play tomorrow and Sunday before flying to Oahu. Good thing I can expense this trip [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-08-2008, 12:33 PM
Air Cooled Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Trasher

Don't you love it when slime ***** get all the business? Weird how that works out. Most people never check into who they are hiring. It's all about price, not the people any more. Don't worry. Just ask the government to bail them out if they need to have it redone[img][/img]</end quote></div>

This ******* has already gone bankrupt on a job with this general. They had to call in another electrical contractor to finish the job. Same customer too! WTF! Oh well.

Old 12-24-2008, 03:39 PM
Air Cooled Rider

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year PSD!

Old 12-30-2008, 10:50 PM
Trailblazer

We have had a '96 since '99 and overall it has been a good truck. I put a Banks Power Pack on it and it really rolls. We also drive it like we own it, not stole it. Unfortunately, it is on its third transmission and we never have done any real towing to speak of and never any heavy towing. Those trans just suck! The second trans was a heavy duty custom and it broke too, out of warranty, of course. So after I gave the Ford to my son, I got a Dodge Cummins with a manual transmission. No interest in getting one Ford's later diesels.

Old 01-07-2009, 01:51 AM
Quad Patrol

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Highcountry

We have had a '96 since '99 and overall it has been a good truck. I put a Banks Power Pack on it and it really rolls. We also drive it like we own it, not stole it. Unfortunately, it is on its third transmission and we never have done any real towing to speak of and never any heavy towing. Those trans just suck! The second trans was a heavy duty custom and it broke too, out of warranty, of course. So after I gave the Ford to my son, I got a Dodge Cummins with a manual transmission. No interest in getting one Ford's later diesels.</end quote></div>

Welcome[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

You are correct that the 4R100 is a weak link in the PSD 7.3 lne up[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Mine went out at 139,000 miles. Had it rebuilt with SunCoast parts and haven't looked back[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Turning 178,000 miles on my PSD (see signature) and love it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img])

Old 01-07-2009, 01:51 AM
Quad Patrol

And Belated Happy New Year to the PSD Crew[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel