Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2006, 04:47 PM
Quad Patrol
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Originally posted by: Trasher
Originally posted by: rescuediver
Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior

Bonus's don't come out until Februarish, so, hopefully it's more than just enough to buy a happy meal[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]
Xmas for us. We pretty much always get one. It was lean at Xmas last year, but the boss dipped into the credit line I think for ours. About 1/2 the prior year bonus. This year better be a nice bonus. I pretty much did a complete design for one project.
This is my first job that has a bonus system, so, I don't know what to expect. I do know my team is kicking butt and deserves a nice fat one[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

I used to get big bonuses and comps with the old job but they took all that away.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] Now they sit around wondering why all the 'ol timers [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] get pissed off all the time and bitch about how it "used to be". Now they hire just younger, inexperenced reps at a much lower pay scale. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][/quote]

That's corporate America[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] in my case, corporate Canada[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 10-27-2006, 04:49 PM
Quad Patrol

It would be hard to find out for sure without doing a oil Analysis before an after to see what is getting into the system. Just check micron ratings on any filters that you use to see just how small of a particle it will stop from passing through. If it was a long haul truck or piece of equipment that is run a long time, items like that are a big plus to the ROI.
Been thinking about getting one done on my truck seeing it sees more in town driving and less hwy[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] guess I should of done it when we moved, that way I had a baseline on what changed (if anything) from all this city driving.

Old 10-27-2006, 04:52 PM
Quad Patrol

Not to happy with my mechanic[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] he didn't replace the seals when he did my front end[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img] and I leaked oil on my driveway. Talked to him today and he told me my 3rd inner seals looked bad. His explanation was he got in a bind the day he worked on my PSD and failed to call me to let me know they needed replacing[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] He told me he'd take care of me, however, it still pi$$es me off. We'll see how well he takes care of me come Monday[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] and that gear oil stuff real stains concrete[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] AArrggggg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's a bummer that you have to take it in for repairs again but as least it sounds like he's stepping up and making it right with you. If he pulled the axles he should have sold you thoses in advance just to do it right and cover his tail to help prevent a come back.
I hope he makes it right, I am willing to pay for the parts, I would of in the beginning, but labor should be all his. And he did pull the axles. He gets a lot of his businees through referrals, if it's not taken care of, it will definately hurt him. it's amazing how many people I know own PSD's[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] and use him!

Old 10-27-2006, 04:53 PM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: TPR and RD....someone's bein a post ho!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]TPR
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] I am shocked at the accusation[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] there is a lot of information in between those lines[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

LOL!

And your welcome[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 10-27-2006, 04:54 PM
Quad Patrol

Bonus's don't come out until Februarish, so, hopefully it's more than just enough to buy a happy meal[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]
Xmas for us. We pretty much always get one. It was lean at Xmas last year, but the boss dipped into the credit line I think for ours. About 1/2 the prior year bonus. This year better be a nice bonus. I pretty much did a complete design for one project.
This is my first job that has a bonus system, so, I don't know what to expect. I do know my team is kicking butt and deserves a nice fat one[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Yeah that's a problem with Gov. work. Your salary is your salary. Nothing extra ('cept OT.)

Met a guy who is Madera County SO (Ag Crimes) last ride at Miami (he's a friend's best friend) his cousin was one of the Fresno PD officers who got ambushed a couple weeks back. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Both are expected to make full recoveries. His cousin was hit like 4 times. Once in back, vest stopped it. The guy tapped himself before SWAT go there to do it. Last guy who shot a FPD officer got shot a week or two later. Hopefully they put that entire family in jail for hiding him.[/quote]

I didn't hear about that[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Just heard a Sacramento Officer was shot and killed[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Sad!!!

Old 10-27-2006, 04:56 PM
Quad Patrol

No I do not!! From the information I have received[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] They are starting to crack down on trucks with modified beds[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] If it doesn't have a regular style truck bed, they are starting to have guys go through the scales[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] That's not a bad thing, but still don't want to deal with it.
I think they are searching for money any where they can. I bet Ford is going to sell a lot of F-450 SD PUs. They are selling them with factory bed options for MY '08 (Jan. '07). I saw one 450 going down the road that the bed was was flapping around (aft of the rear fenders.) If you're gonna put a bed on, do it right. He was set up to haul a gooseneck.
They sure are[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Wish they would stay out of the area I like to play in[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I surely don't want to give any of my $$$ to them. Received my 4x4 magazone, (one of several) they had a nice aluminum custom bed featured in it on a baja chase truck they built[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Very nice looking.

Old 10-27-2006, 04:57 PM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: TPR
Well, I'm pretty sure mine is running a CAT and I plan on just keeping it there to minimize any headaches....

I read elsewhere that the stock Donaldson filter is the way to go which is cool. People said in other forums that Ford got that design right which means more $$$ in my pocket.

Thanks for all the info, and RD....someone's bein a post ho!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

TPR
And you're never one?

Pot, meet Kettle.
LMAO!!!!

Old 10-27-2006, 04:58 PM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: OneFlyCowboy
Originally posted by: TPR
Well, I'm pretty sure mine is running a CAT and I plan on just keeping it there to minimize any headaches....

I read elsewhere that the stock Donaldson filter is the way to go which is cool. People said in other forums that Ford got that design right which means more $$$ in my pocket.

Thanks for all the info, and RD....someone's bein a post ho!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

TPR
And you're never one?

Pot, meet Kettle.

Just wait until Toyo chimes in too[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] King Ho[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] good to know my reputation is solid [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] and Cats are such BS on diesels. and 26000 GVW no CDL washington. and you can actually run higher with a private carrier plaque
Did you think anything else??? Now where is Hoss and DQ[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 10-27-2006, 04:58 PM
Quad Patrol

you've got good ears. That post wasn't up there very long[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Creator, you nailed that one[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 10-30-2006, 02:09 AM
Pro Rider

Howdy! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel