Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2008, 12:23 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: rescuediver

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior

550 is acting stupid again. Merced + that truck = stupid. At least he was coming home and didn't have (18) 9'-6" x 12" diameter rebar cages in it.</end quote></div>

So they replaced another injector.

And then it did it again on the way home from the shop.

That's 5.

$300 ea to replace the other injectors. Plus labor.</end quote></div>

Is this still under warranty? My goodness, why don't they just replace them all[img][/img]</end quote></div>

They've been doing it under warranty. We've had the truck less than 2 years (January will be 2 years) and it's got less than 12,000 on it. $300+labor is what they want to change any injectors that don't test bad. I think the truck is still sitting at the dealer. lol. My guess is it's a bad batch and they are all starting to fail. It seems to be an issue, but generally with older and higher mileage motors though.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Air Cooled Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Trasher

550 is acting stupid again. Merced + that truck = stupid. At least he was coming home and didn't have (18) 9'-6" x 12" diameter rebar cages in it.</end quote></div>

And then it did it again on the way home from the shop.

That's 5.

$300 ea to replace the other injectors. Plus labor.</end quote></div>

Is this still under warranty? My goodness, why don't they just replace them all[IMG][/IMG]</end quote></div>

I'm with you on that. What's 3 more more? It's just a matter of time for the last 3</end quote></div>

Next time forget limping it in. Call Ford and tell them to come pick the damn thing up. It's under warranty and they provide towing. I bet they'd love it if it was full and towing another trailer.

"What would have been cheaper now @ssholes?"

Air Cooled Rider

I finally had the new stereo put in the PSD after it was stolen[IMG][/IMG] Also had a alarm system and blue tooth system put in it, that way I am not breaking the law anymore[IMG][/IMG]</end quote></div>

Did you fill the bed up with Subs and amps too??[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif" border="0[/IMG]</end quote></div>

LOL! Luckily, the damn thieves didn't steal those[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif" border="0[/IMG] Blue tooth does work pretty darn good too[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif" border="0[/IMG]</end quote></div>

I have bluetooth in my G but I don't like talking on it. I have one stuck in my ear all day long now[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif" border="0[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif" border="0[/IMG]</end quote></div>

I have a moto 850 BT ear piece that generally works good.

The Boss has some BT speakerphone he likes. Then there's the setup in the Audio that just plain kicks @ss. Full integration. I wonder if it can pull an entry out of a phone book and push that to the Nav system. Now THAT would be sweet.

Old 11-12-2008, 12:02 AM
Quad Patrol

I have bluetooth in my G but I don't like talking on it. I have one stuck in my ear all day long now[img][/img][img][/img]</end quote></div>

I wore an earpiece for years and am glad I don't have something sticking in it now[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] The blue tooth works nicely[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Only thing I don't like is the radio stops playing[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 11-12-2008, 12:03 AM
Quad Patrol

It seems to be an issue, but generally with older and higher mileage motors though.</end quote></div>

Don't say high mileage to loud[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] I am getting real close to turning 175,000 on my PSD.

Old 11-12-2008, 12:05 AM
Quad Patrol

Next time forget limping it in. Call Ford and tell them to come pick the damn thing up. It's under warranty and they provide towing. I bet they'd love it if it was full and towing another trailer.

"What would have been cheaper now @ssholes?"</end quote></div>

LOL! yep, tell them they will need a big tow truck and one that has a class "A" license[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 11-12-2008, 12:06 AM
Quad Patrol

The Boss has some BT speakerphone he likes. Then there's the setup in the Audio that just plain kicks @ss. Full integration. I wonder if it can pull an entry out of a phone book and push that to the Nav system. Now THAT would be sweet.</end quote></div>

Now wouldn't that defeat the purpose of having a blue tooth[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Having more buttons to push while you were driving[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] And the nav system forcing you to take your eyes off the road. Pretty soon, that will be illegal[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 11-12-2008, 07:10 PM
Air Cooled Rider

"What would have been cheaper now @ssholes?"</end quote></div>

LOL! yep, tell them they will need a big tow truck and one that has a class "A" license[img][/img]</end quote></div>

Actually they don't need a Class A. Non of our stuff needs it. They just need some tow truck driver endorsement that allows them to tow anything they could normally drive. (Well, given any ratings of their tow truck.) At least that is my interpretation of the VC.

Oh, and that last injector that went bad, was the one that had just been replaced.

Old 11-12-2008, 07:18 PM
Air Cooled Rider

The Boss has some BT speakerphone he likes. Then there's the setup in the Audio that just plain kicks @ss. Full integration. I wonder if it can pull an entry out of a phone book and push that to the Nav system. Now THAT would be sweet.</end quote></div>

Now wouldn't that defeat the purpose of having a blue tooth[img][/img] Having more buttons to push while you were driving[img][/img] And the nav system forcing you to take your eyes off the road. Pretty soon, that will be illegal[img][/img]</end quote></div>

Err I meant Audi. Specifically A8. That's one kick @ss car. All wheel drive. And the motor is direct injected like a diesel. I believe it's running 13:1 compression. The thing is like a rocket. And smooth. Can't feel a shift.

This is what's trick. The address book shows up on the main screen in the middle, and in the center of the instrument cluster.

As far as I know they are only closing the text messaging loop-hole on Jan 1. You can still use a nav system. At least I hope so. I've got something in the works. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] GPS (Garmin Nuvi 350) + Ham Radio.

Old 11-13-2008, 02:26 AM
Quad Patrol

Actually they don't need a Class A. Non of our stuff needs it. They just need some tow truck driver endorsement that allows them to tow anything they could normally drive. (Well, given any ratings of their tow truck.) At least that is my interpretation of the VC.

Oh, and that last injector that went bad, was the one that had just been replaced.</end quote></div>

Been a whiles since I have looked at a cvc book[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] but if they tow the F550 and a trailer behind it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] they would need a class A but that's my interpretation[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel