Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2007, 02:59 AM
Quad Patrol
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: nedflanders

well hey diddley-do there neighbors! I was thinking of MD cuz some guy over in the 'Zuki forum asked if he could put a winch on a Z400. I immediately conjured up an image of MDs "battleship iron" homemade mount! I told him to find you and ask.

We just bought an '04 Z400 Limited edition, with yoshi pipe, K&N filter, outerwear and powerlid, dynojet kit, Big Gun rev box, extra paddles & rims all-round, very little use. Now if I could just get it to stop leaking gas! The petcock doesn't seem to work cuz gas flows in the "on" position (it's supposed to need vacuum) and there is no "off". also, I cleaned carb, adjusted float level, checked float needle and seat.... the problem must be somewhere in the float needle, seat & float tho. we bought it in Eugene. Almost thot about getting one in Sacramento that seemed like a pretty good deal.

Anyways, just gearing up to replace my PSD ballljoints, inner tie rod, center link, and front and rear brakes. maybe even my rear E-brake shoes. that should keep me busy for the weekend.

I noticed my Tekonsha brake controller was acting up and making strange musical noises. Brakes also seemed lax. It's an older style controller that needs levelling, and then you adjust brake output. I see someone local has a Reese controller on sale for $65, so maybe I'll try that one and see if it's any better.

TTYL!</end quote></div>

LOL! I did find some pictures of it, just need to figure out how to resize on a iMAC.

Glad you got a Z400, great bike, well it will be once you figure out the leak. Yea, the fuel flows via vacuum, it would be a lot easier if it was just an on and off pet ****. Sounds like your Z is pretty loaded, is it yours your did your wife tell you to move over and let her have the man's quad[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

If you showed up more often and posted about the Sacramento quad(s) I would of checked them oput for you. It's only an hour away. Would of loved having another Z in the garage[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Sounds like you do have your weekend cut out for you. I did a lot of that earlier this year. So far, I think I've put around 8 K in the PSD this last year or so[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Should be good for another 145,000 miles[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

I gave up on my Prodigy and installed the Draw-tite. Could be happier. If your using the old level it as you go model, you do need to step it up and get away from the old model and get one where it doesn't matter what angle it is.

Old 08-25-2007, 05:41 AM
Pro Rider

the Z is for our 12 y/o. he'd mastered the 250EX and wanted a Yammy 350. I thot, why not get a GOOD quad instead of an average one.

the z400 in Sacramento is/was on Craigslist. A stock '05, "like new", $3500 OBO. it was the guy's wife's quad.

went to replace rear brake pads and was a little confused why the outer was metal on metal, while inner was like new!? Usually piston side of caliper wears faster. turns out rotor is badly warped. so now it's time for a new rotor too.

so are you LESS happy with the Drawtite vs the Prodigy?

well this weekend's PSD job got delayed. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img] I tried ordering new balljoints from an outfit off of ebay, back in late July. They couldn't get my credit card to go thru. SO it delays me a week until I get home from the NORTH, and I order online, thru Paypal. For some reason they take 6 days to receive a Paypal pymnt that cleared my account moments after I sent it. Now their incompetence is just PMEOFF. Like they think the customer should cater to them for bidness instead of the other way around. To ice the cake, they shipped item on Aug. 16 and it's now stuck/delayed due to a train derailment!! AARRGGGHH!!

Old 08-26-2007, 12:45 AM
Quad Patrol

Smart move. The Z should be all he needs.

That's a good price. Bought both of mine for about the same price.

That suxs!

No, I am happy with the Draw-tite, I can actually get the brakes on the traler to lock up. couldn't do that with the Prodigy. Think I am to old school. The prodigy had to many problems and when it came down to it, Tekonsha (or however you spell it) blew me off on a warranty swap[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] The Prodigy I think has 4 computer chips in it and I think they don't like talking to each other, always bickering back and forth, sorta like my kids[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Up north? You one of those frozen lake truck driver's? Show if holding me over until Deadliest Catch starts back up.

If I had any luck, I am sure it would be just like yours[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-26-2007, 12:46 AM
Quad Patrol

You still renting out the other place on your property? Or, did the wife kick you out and told you to move in there[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-26-2007, 04:22 AM
Pro Rider

we were a bit north of Prince George.

Yep, second house is now fully legal and rented. of course, it requires us to have 13 horses.

what is it with me and 'Zukis?? I can't seem to ever stop working on them! the LT50, LT80, LT160 and now this one...always tinkering with something.

Old 08-26-2007, 07:28 PM
Pro Rider

Yep, second house is now fully legal and rented. of course, it requires us to have 13 horses.

what is it with me and 'Zukis?? I can't seem to ever stop working on them! the LT50, LT80, LT160 and now this one...always tinkering with something.</end quote></div>
Zuki FTW. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Havent had a single problem with mine really. Besides the warranty thing.

Old 08-26-2007, 10:10 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: powerstroke01

Firefox users new toy for ya. WEll maybe not new. But new to me. :retard:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1865</end quote></div>

It's been out for ages. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Run it at work.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 08-26-2007, 10:11 PM
Air Cooled Rider

what is it with me and 'Zukis?? I can't seem to ever stop working on them! the LT50, LT80, LT160 and now this one...always tinkering with something.</end quote></div>

Zuki FTW. [img][/img]

Havent had a single problem with mine really. Besides the warranty thing.</end quote></div>

ok "Zuki Power"

Old 08-26-2007, 11:00 PM
Air Cooled Rider

Nice to see you drop by Ned. Was wondering if you were still around the other day.

I agree on the Yammi 350. And I have one. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-27-2007, 01:05 AM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior

Firefox users new toy for ya. WEll maybe not new. But new to me. :retard:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1865</end quote></div>

It's been out for ages. [img][/img] Run it at work.</end quote></div>

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel