Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2004, 02:38 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

I have a solar panel on my trailer...however, I didn't unhook it from the batteries last winter and it dried them up. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] I would only use it when you are out in the bush.

Old 11-19-2004, 02:40 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i got the auxillary idle control on my PSD. diesel mechanic gave it to me. you can dial in what ever RPM you want truck to idle at, plus it's more accurate tach. plus if you run a pto or other equipment, you can dial in higher rpm and idle it higher to keep batteries charged. OR... if ya really want your fellow campers to hate ya, set the idle control at 2100 rpm with trailer plugged in , to charge up the batteries. huh? what? I can't hear ya over screaming engine? ohhh, you don't like the smell either? what, i can't hear ya?

so probably a 50W solar system would be good enough to keep batts charged.

Old 11-19-2004, 03:11 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: Whitewater
I have a solar panel on my trailer...however, I didn't unhook it from the batteries last winter and it dried them up. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] I would only use it when you are out in the bush.
you can get a charge protector to prevent overcharging you fool. but don't feel bad... I kinda did the same thing. i left my trailer plugged in too often and it also overcharges the batts. i finally figured it out: don't overcharge them, and keep your eyes on the fluid levels in each cell.

Old 11-19-2004, 03:16 PM
Pro Rider

I was on a week-long adventure when I discoverd that my batteries where 1.5 gallons short of the the wet stuff.

Old 11-19-2004, 05:06 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

Didn't I post all the battery related stuff like 2weeks to a month ago when MD first asked about it?

Just do a google search on RV batteries or something like that. Play with it. Then read up on stuff. That is the nice thing about CA...lots of sun....well...don't look out my window. I think we've had about 1 hr of sunshine in the last week. There's a big move on to move to solar or put in solar around here. City of Fresno covered their bus terminal at the city corp. yard with solar panels.

Here's a stupid CA thing for you though. You can cover your roof in solar panels, but you STILL have to put a white roof type system UNDER it. Solar panels aren't a listed roof system.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 11-19-2004, 05:54 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Whitewater
I was on a week-long adventure when I discoverd that my batteries where 1.5 gallons short of the the wet stuff.
YIKES! that's like bone-dry. but you wouldn't have boiled them down in 1 week, the majority of that damage musta been done before you went away. BUT, now you learned the hard way.

Old 11-19-2004, 06:09 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah, batteries were the last thing I thought about. What sucks is the batteries are only a year and a half old. Hey, I think my work needs more batteries for the golf cart. I'll just use them temporarily until they need them back.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 11-19-2004, 07:03 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

Ahh yes. Work needs lots of things....

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 11-19-2004, 08:38 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best

I seen ned out gettin a Piece of the Heidi Pie [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] sheesh that dam cartoon character gets around. But if he wants to come on out and go quad shoppin with me and get me 15% off my Grizz or Kodiak with Dual Winches i'd be much ablidged [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-19-2004, 09:10 PM
Pro Rider

well hey! holy howdy there toyo. all ya gotta do is ask the dealer..better yet.. TELL them what yer gonna pay and then walk. they'll call ya. do you think Heidi will post back how much she was quoted from cyclecom? I'm bettin' NO, she'll think she spent the $20 and won't share the info, despite all our best efforts to educate her for free.

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel