Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2004, 02:39 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Originally posted by: rescuediver

We get no fringe benefits[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] If they shipped my job to Canada, that wouldn't be a bad thing[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] A lot of hunting[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] riding[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] and I could be a Mountie[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Do they get to carry a gun Confused[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]or is it in the trunk of their car[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]and, do they ride horses everywhere they go[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
RCMP still have the "musical ride", which is the show they do wearing their red-serge uniforms and trooper-hats. they're all RCMP members and they commit to the ride for a couple years. A friend of mine is 60ish and he did a stint in the musical ride as a 20ish y/o. He said it was a big time chick magnet. they only do the shows for fairs, special occasions, touristy crap.

the regular rcmp wear a plain, regular uniform and a hat like the cop avatar, not the red uni and trooper hat one that's your stereo-typical image of the RCMP. they carry a 9mm (i think). I know they whined a lot to upgrade their old 38 service revolvers. the irony is it cost tons of $$$$ to upgrade, and if you ask, most have never drawn their weapon, and even fewer have ever fired it in the line of duty. this isn't Watts, we don't have a lot of drive-bys or gun fights. whether i get shot with a 38 or 9mm, i figure both will hurt enough, so i don't challenge the law.

funny tho, the Vancouver City police regularly have a handful of cops on horses. and 2 years ago, there were about 5 quads (Suzuki Eigers) doing beach patrol. you shoulda heard the outcry! people are clueless and stupid. they envisioned the cops ripping around at high speed making noise and dust. actually, when going slow, a 4-stroke is almost silent, and they never rip around. and both horses, atvs and mountain bikes get ya places you'd never get a squad car to. the mountain bikes are real scary cuz they are silent. gotta be in pretty good shape to ride those all day tho.

the Honda engine is mounted sideways, but it's the under-carb location of the fuel screw vs. side/accessable location that irks me. you can't tweak it for elvation or at all while you're out riding. it ruins the ride when you're about to try the trickiest part of your ride that could result with you under the quad if the quad doesn't perform right, and you can't trust the quad to perform. I'm hoping a valve adjustment will help too.

what were you riding at Yosemite that was giving you fits? not the new quad???

Old 11-22-2004, 01:32 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[quote]
Originally posted by: confusedbuyer
[quote]
[i]Originally posted by:

the regular rcmp wear a plain, regular uniform and a hat like the cop avatar, not the red uni and trooper hat one that's your stereo-typical image of the RCMP. they carry a 9mm (i think). I know they whined a lot to upgrade their old 38 service revolvers. the irony is it cost tons of $$$$ to upgrade, and if you ask, most have never drawn their weapon, and even fewer have ever fired it in the line of duty. this isn't Watts, we don't have a lot of drive-bys or gun fights. whether i get shot with a 38 or 9mm, i figure both will hurt enough, so i don't challenge the law.

Do they carry their one bullet in their top pocket like Barney Fife???[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 11-22-2004, 02:21 AM
Quad Patrol

I hate this computer sometimes[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] I typed a reply, and of course, it wasn't short[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] hit one of the keys and POOF, it's gone AArrrgggg[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

As I was saying, I think every dept has a dog and pony show. I know, our mounted unit is the dept's. pride and joy.

Switching over to new weapons is a costly adventure for depts. When my dept. went to Glocks, the switch over cost $250,000. Not a cheap venture. But, worth it. Like you said though, it hurts no matter what your hit with. I can attest to that[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

When we were riding up by Yosemite, I didn't have the Z400 yet[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] I was riding the mojave. I have a K&N on it and the jet in it, is rated for 0'-3500'. We were up around 5,000' that day. I could of messed with the carb settings, but, decided not too. I avoided the technical stuff for the same reasons you mentioned[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

This week will be the first time I will have the Z400 out for some good riding[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] It should be sweet[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Wife saw it yesterday for the first time. She also saw the $600 sand tires next to it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]I was amazed she didn't say anything about them[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Whew, I was sweating it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 11-22-2004, 02:24 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: Trasher

Do they carry their one bullet in their top pocket like Barney Fife???[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

You should always carry one in a inconspiculous spot [sp]. So, when you run out, you have "the one" that will "do the job"[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

In reality, if you need that one extra bullet, your in a world of hurt[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] After the Infamous bank shoot out in L.A. we went to AR15's in our patrol cars[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-22-2004, 02:56 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: rescuediver
Originally posted by: Trasher

You should always carry one in a inconspiculous spot [sp]. So, when you run out, you have "the one" that will "do the job"[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

In reality, if you need that one extra bullet, your in a world of hurt[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] After the Infamous bank shoot out in L.A. we went to AR15's in our patrol cars[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
great point Creator; if you knew you only had ONE bullet, you'd make sure you practised more to make sure you were a better shot. so how many times have the AR15's been fired in LOD by you guys? Never? AND HEY, why the one extra bullet, i thot that's what the extra gun was for.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

well the Grey Cup game was today, BC vs. Toronto. We hate eastern Canada, we hate Toronto. Toronto has our horrible old quaterback Damon Allen (Marcus Allen's brother). He sucked when he was here and i despised him. So what does he do? plays the one good game of the year, we don't... he gets MVP and they win Cup. I'm soooo bitter. It'll be a long year before we get some revenge. our idiot coach punts on 3rd and 5 with 2 minutes left, down by 8 pts (we only have 3 downs, this is Cdn football). we never saw the ball again. our defence had been porous all game. what was he thinking??? he also sat the league MVP (Casey Printers, QB) for the entire game (way too long of a story to ramble about here). AAAAAAARRRRGGGHHHH FFFF.........KKKKK!!! Waaaaaaa!!

Old 11-22-2004, 03:02 AM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

I know it was a big thing when Clovis went from their old trusty Colt 45s to a Glock 10mm. Not sure on the model number. At the same time they went to an all dark blue uniform (previously had a light blue shirt...now the CSOs where them) and changed over to nylon web belts. No longer could you hear them 100' away squeeking.

I'm not sure what kind, if any, of a dog and pony show Clovis has. I've only seen them dressed up one time. Dec. '01 when Pelco created the CA 9/11 monument or whatever it was. They chartered a Jet from NY to Fresno (maybe more than one) and brought NYPD & NYFD, etc. officers and their families out. It was a huge thing. The monument is basically a 60' flag pole with a flag that weighs in at like 60lbs. Fresno & Clovis FDs each brought a ladder truck out and hung a flag between them, then there was all sort of other equipment around. That was pretty sweet. Never seen so much blue in my life.

Didn't ride this weekend. Wanted to. Hosted a friend, his woman and her friend up at the Company Condo. It's was a bit noisy to sleep. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

We had breakfast this morning next to the highway leading to Miami Creek....I almost started crying like a baby watching all the toys go up the highway... Would have had more fun riding than what I did do. LOL

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 11-22-2004, 03:09 AM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

I think Clovis started adding some extra firepower. Came home one time from an ex's place next to Pismo to find a police officer packing an AR-15 using my mom's car as a shield...not a comforting feeling when you come home from some head case's house... (Someone set off an M-80 at the house across the street and the place had history...dude's wife shot him in the head a while back.)

I was thinking...ok...crud...I know I was speeding...but really...is an assult weapon REALLY necessary?

Though Clovis PD tends to be a good shot. The dude that killed the girl in Fresno's Tower District that sparked the 3 Strikes Law was "taken care of" by a Clovis officer. He thought he'd use a woman as a shield trying to leave an apt.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 11-22-2004, 03:09 AM
Quad Patrol

We've never had to discharge one in the line of duty[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] And you are correct, about carrying back up weapons.

Canadian football, really don't follow it (like I had to tell you that)[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 11-22-2004, 03:11 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior

Didn't ride this weekend. Wanted to. Hosted a friend, his woman and her friend up at the Company Condo. It's was a bit noisy to sleep. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

We had breakfast this morning next to the highway leading to Miami Creek....I almost started crying like a baby watching all the toys go up the highway... Would have had more fun riding than what I did do. LOL
If it wasn't you making all the noise[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]I bet you would of had a better time riding[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 11-22-2004, 03:13 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior

I was thinking...ok...crud...I know I was speeding...but really...is an assult weapon REALLY necessary?

We take speeding very seriously[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel