Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2004, 04:42 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

yeah that polaris MV is a monster. I would rather have a Rhino or ranger for the farm. i want the MV for a winter trail quad. i was thinkin a grizz or kodiak with dual winches but hell that thing comes with em and 2 gas tanks you gotta have some range on that bad boy!!! I would turn it into a crawler unpin the sway bar and what not. no need to go fast on it since i have a raptor for goin fast.

You so dam lucky. i wish i had a wife that would buy me a quad for christmas. sheesh. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] im thinkin about gettin my mom a 60" widescreen for christmas.

Old 12-01-2004, 04:48 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

On the ChevronTexaco - Shell thing...

Chevron & Texaco merged. The Texaco name for retail outlets (the gas stations) actually had nothing to do with Texaco. They licensed the name out to some other company who then did the franchise thing. Since the new company didn't want to "compete with it's own name" that all went away and I'm assuming that Shell bought franchising company.

Company I work for only has Chevron and Shell (it was Texaco...) the two most expensive fuels around. Wait...most expensive goes to 76.

As far as oil goes we go to a lube shop around the corner. They use Penzoil in bulk unless you request something else. When the diesel van we have goes in, it gets Delo 400 of whatever grade it needs. We pay about $20 for 5 qts (10%+/- fleet discount...and they give it to me on my personal car as well. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]). The F-150s (4.6L) usually add an extra qt. at about $2 I think. The F-450 we have some kind of multi-weight oil we get in 1 gallon containers. I was to say something like Shaefer's. Not sure. It's been like 3 or 4 years since the one time I had to take it over and get the oil changed.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 12-01-2004, 04:56 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer

Chevron texaco shell thing -

I had a texaco card and its now a shell card Shell obtained all north american credit customers and retail outlets if the franchise owner wished to switch. if they didnt want to switch they are allowed a 5 yr grace period on the texaco name at wich time they will have to get with another franchise or go independant. I know this because a deli i frequent is a texaco and have spoke with the owner numerous times. also another business i know in our small town where the ranch is the owner of that station did an cost analysis and found that shell was gonna rape him on liscensing as well as distribution costs. he got with 76 and gets his fuel at a much cheaper rate and allows him to be a competitive point of sales with the local indian gas station.(they get gas from same distributor). its all way to much crap if ya ask me.

Old 12-01-2004, 05:04 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: OneFlyCowboy
yeah that polaris MV is a monster. I would rather have a Rhino or ranger for the farm. i want the MV for a winter trail quad. i was thinkin a grizz or kodiak with dual winches but hell that thing comes with em and 2 gas tanks you gotta have some range on that bad boy!!! I would turn it into a crawler unpin the sway bar and what not. no need to go fast on it since i have a raptor for goin fast.

You so dam lucky. i wish i had a wife that would buy me a quad for christmas. sheesh. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] im thinkin about gettin my mom a 60" widescreen for christmas.
Yeah, the quad is pretty sweet. Wifey ordered the 800 rims for it, too.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
I bought a 57" widescreen 6-months ago, and wish I would have waited to buy a plasma.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
Hell, I don't pay attention to who's name is on the gas station...I just buy it from whom ever.

Old 12-01-2004, 05:10 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer

Im not impressed with the plasma technology. besides they have a short lifespan. I prefer the oldschool rear projection lcd, or the new DLP. the new DLP projector we got in the office is sweet, i could handle it for my regular tv. i been meanin to bring in my PS2 and play so games. but i been so freakin busy i just aint got time yet.

I need to get on fixin up the SP500 as well. its a decent quad when its all in workin order. right now all we do is tow a lil trailer with it and throw hay on it or fence posts or whatever. it stays on our roads not much trail riding for it considering it has 4 bald tires down to the belts [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 12-01-2004, 05:16 PM
Pro Rider

I hooked up my sp500 last night to the plow. My sp400 needs a new battery.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] I wish I had a place to get my ATV's out of the weather. I'm not rich like yer buddy just4kicks.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 12-01-2004, 05:20 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer

LOL you could do like we do and for aaprox $1000 pick up a 40' container and park em in there. we have 3 quads in a 20' container and 3 in the garage and the sportsman sits outside sometimes in one of the barns.

Old 12-01-2004, 05:35 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Wow, do I feel honored! I just happen to pop in this thread after much time away and I see that Whitewater has not forgotten me... *sniffle* *sniffle* *tear*. Rich? Who me? Nawwwww...I'm still working on it though. I wish I could convince my wife's family that we aren't rich. They don't seem to believe me and we always seem to carry an unequal share of the financial burden whenever we get together.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

Speaking of TV's, I have a Pioneer Elite 52" projection. It's less than 2-years old and it's starting to act up already. One minute it looks great and the next minute green bars are dancing on the screen.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img] The Elites come with a standard 2-year warranty so I'll be making a call soon.

Old 12-01-2004, 05:40 PM
Pro Rider

I could NEVER forget an FBK member.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] However, I would rather have Dancingqueen, GG, *****, or 440grl stop by.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

I have a sony 57" with a 4-year warranty.

Old 12-01-2004, 07:33 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

When my boss bought his new house the company that did all the telephone, computer, etc. cabling tried to sell him one of those DLP things. Pretty trick. He told him he'd call em back in a year or 2. Has a ncie TV as it is, and just didn't want to spend more (price tag was already $750K for the house.)

As far as gas, I stick to a few stations, unless I NEED gas and will go wherever I can. Generally get my gas from the local Costco, then a particular ARCO (for my own car, or when I'm fueling the work truck). For work, pretty much use one Tex...err...Shell station that's right by the office. Unless I've driven a lot for personal stuff then I'll switch over to a Chevron. ALL of the gas around here comes from the same place. They just throw in different additives based on which station it's going to. Costco is usually the cheapest in Clovis. You can find gas cheaper in Fresno, but it's a waste of time and $ to drive for it.

Everyone and your fancy TVs. I have a crappy WinTV Go card in my computer at home. Sometimes it works decently, most of the time...nope. Next purchase is going to be a ReplayTV. I forget shows are on and miss them. It's like a Tivo...just MUCH better. Come with better standard features and can hang out on the LAN at home. Now I just need a bigger switch....

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel