Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2004, 04:25 AM
Quad Patrol
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Here's a PSD question for you guys[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Anyone have the K&N filter on their truck? If so, pros and cons about it? I know one friend of mine has it on his new F150, he tells me, you can actually hear the extra air it's sucking into the intake[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] I have the k&n on my mojave and love the difference that kit made to it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]but, I would just be doing the air filter on the trck, no re-jetting here, I would think the computer would make that difference up[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Any comments?

Old 10-25-2004, 04:29 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

toy hauler, i meant like an enclosed car trailer, 16-20' long.

they have buy and sell all across Canada. wouldn't trust it?? WTH?? you go to the sellers home to see the item, you know where they live. you can run VIN #'s thru CPIC here ( you would have even better access to police network). you can read the seller pretty quick. NOW, if the seller is evasive and wants to meet somewhere... or has BS answers.. then i might suspect the item as stolen.

i thot you were in law enforcement?you should know all this! i'm not telling you anything new.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] people here RARELY fence stolen property thru the paper, especially big ticket items. they sell them at swap meets where you rent a table, or thru other sleazy friends, but generally not thru the buy and sell. they do try some atv scams tho....... you know the ones..... 2004 Grizz with snowplow (from Florida.. no BS), alum wheels, 100 miles on it, $2500. wire me the $$ Western Union and i'll ship quad for free! I think ebay gets lots of these. they are so obvious, but i guess some fools and their $$ are still soon parted.

Old 10-25-2004, 04:31 AM
Quad Patrol

Confused, we do the same thing. When we are done, the kids grab a garbage bag and start walking around, picking up everything and anything doesn't belong there. Which is just about anything. People are such slobs[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 10-25-2004, 04:39 AM
Pro Rider

I've got a K&N. I did the chip first, then kn. because chip is SO noticeable, i guess i expected to see a difference like that with kn, which never happened. I think your pal is hearing the suction noises from somewhere else, perhaps a face in the lap while driving?? i never noticed a performance diff.

PRO: you don't have to replace, only clean filter= cheaper.
allegedly better filtration

CON: cleaning them really is a big pain, 2-3 step procedure, vs. throwing old paper filter in trash can and putting new one in.
they tell ya let it go for quite awhile between cleans, don't be paranoid about dirt build-up; that build-up helps catch other dirt particles and helps it work better. but looking at the dirty filter just seems wrong! you wanna clean it ( too many atvs where i clean air filter often, i guess).

Old 10-25-2004, 04:39 AM
Quad Patrol

Part two of your reply, was what I was thinking about on the buysell.com thing. I have a big problem buying a large ticket item over the internet, without seeing it, or the seller/owner in person. In case you didn't know, as a professional, I cannot use my position for access into controlled areas for personal means. Guys have actually lost their jobs over this[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]I need to go about this as a private person.

When I hear/say toy hauler, I think of a toy trailer[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]otherwise, it's just an enclosed trailer to me[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 10-25-2004, 04:46 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: rescuediver
Confused, we do the same thing. When we are done, the kids grab a garbage bag and start walking around, picking up everything and anything doesn't belong there. Which is just about anything. People are such slobs[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
we used to go to a swimming hole on the side of a busy highway, but nice and close and convenient. nice grassy bank to sit on. some people would come by, but since it wasn't that private, it wasn't crawling with folks. but lotsa cans and bottles and garbage would get left. i think the one that made me boil was these low-lifes that looked fresh out of prison biker/tow-truck driver looking. their 2 y/o has huge crappy diaper, plus another wet one. they left it there, and WE cleaned it up. made me sick. eventually, the spot got totally closed down, and they let lakeweed grow like crazy in the area, so now no one would swim there anyways.

and yep, littering drives me crazy because it's selfish and lazy, 2 characteristics i can't tolerate in people. look around a corner store. how hard is it for kids to throw chip bags and candy wrappers in trash can??

Old 10-25-2004, 04:51 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: confusedbuyer
I've got a K&N. I did the chip first, then kn. because chip is SO noticeable, i guess i expected to see a difference like that with kn, which never happened. I think your pal is hearing the suction noises from somewhere else, perhaps a face in the lap while driving?? i never noticed a performance diff.
LMAO[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I don't think it was from a face plant[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] The new F150s are suppose to be really sound proof on the interior from outside noise. According to him, the noise wasn't there before the k&n was installed[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] With the PSD, I don't think the sucking noise will be a problem, I might even look forward to it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]myself[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Yea, I guess, I would expect a jump in horsepower too[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]but, I already have the chip myself[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] so, I guess I would do it for the convenience of not worrying about an air filter for 50,000 miles[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 10-25-2004, 04:52 AM
Pro Rider

CPIC is Canadian Police Information Centre. Public has limited access, such as running VINS for any item that has one. it will show if the item has been reported stolen across Canada. i know what ya mean about personal use. i need to call on sources often, and things have really tightened up over the years. the problem is trusting the one you're giving the info too, not getting the info. so you can guess how i answered those Q's on the political test, and i still came up pinko!! that's why i'm saying it's flawed. mind you, you did come out as Hitler, so you're really scaring me [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]. you haven't been practicing your goose-stepping since then have you?

Old 10-25-2004, 04:57 AM
Pro Rider

i should clarify the buysell thing. it's LOCAL. there's one for Vanvouver, one for calgary, AB, one for Edmonton etc.., so you phone and go meet the seller, nothing like ebay. it's just that you can review the add over the internet before you phone. It's full name was Buy and Sell Classifieds, so it's the same as the local newspaper.

man, if you can hear that K&N suck over the clatter of a diesel........ you must have bionic hearing.

Old 10-25-2004, 04:59 AM
Quad Patrol

I think smokers are the worsed[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]Can't stand the smell of it, it closes my sinuses, gives me an instant headache[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] The stench is gross to say the least. I hated it when I was in the military and had to pick up all the butts by the lazy azz people walking around[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]Still hate it today. I fume when I see idiots throwing cigarettes out their windows[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]Arrgggg[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel