Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2005, 01:38 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Duarte is down south in LALA Land. Easy to tell...see the ZIP code? Anything less than about 92xxx is going to be SoCal. I'm 936/937 here in Fresno/Clovis. 932xx (Bakersfield main P.O.) is just south of me. MD is in the north central part of the valley and IIRC 95xxx for the ZIP. He's roughly east of the San Fracisco Bay area. ZIPs incread as you go north.

Everyone sees California and thinks "Oh you must be close to that." This isn't R.I. people!

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 02-01-2005, 02:36 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best

Whatever skinner [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] califoria is a long and skinny one.

Confuscious im a few cells shy of a full charge. but i hang on. Seriously though "Not to be a braggart or anything" When i put my tractor gears on the rappy she can crawl like a 4x4. as long as ya dont take me out into some mud overmy head i can get there. i like to haul *** but i like bustin trail thru the brush as well. I kinda look at my rap as one of them trials bikes [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] but anyhow i was thinkin about puttin one of them lil warn 1.2ci winches on the front of the rap.help keep the front end down a bit as well and give me more traction in the corners [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 02-01-2005, 02:51 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior
Duarte is down south in LALA Land. Easy to tell...see the ZIP code? Anything less than about 92xxx is going to be SoCal. I'm 936/937 here in Fresno/Clovis. 932xx (Bakersfield main P.O.) is just south of me. MD is in the north central part of the valley and IIRC 95xxx for the ZIP. He's roughly east of the San Fracisco Bay area. ZIPs incread as you go north.

Everyone sees California and thinks "Oh you must be close to that." This isn't R.I. people!
okay, thanks Cliff Claven![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I kinda figured it wasn't close, it was almost tongue in cheek, cuz people think ALL of Canada is minutes away. At least i got you guys in the right state. I've driven from Weed to LA, so I do remember it took a full day to travel north to south.

Old 02-01-2005, 02:58 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: OneFlyCowboy
Whatever skinner [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] califoria is a long and skinny one.

Confuscious im a few cells shy of a full charge. but i hang on. Seriously though "Not to be a braggart or anything" When i put my tractor gears on the rappy she can crawl like a 4x4. as long as ya dont take me out into some mud overmy head i can get there. i like to haul *** but i like bustin trail thru the brush as well. I kinda look at my rap as one of them trials bikes [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] but anyhow i was thinkin about puttin one of them lil warn 1.2ci winches on the front of the rap.help keep the front end down a bit as well and give me more traction in the corners [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
now why would a sport rider gear down???makes no sense. I'm sure you are one of those maniacs that can out ride me in 2wd, on my 4wd. BUT, why doncha organize a ride up here to the great white north. It'll only take ya 2 hours to get here.I'll get some guides together. the mud was really loose, more like deep, wet slop...pretty easy to track thru. I don't think that'd slow ya down one bit. it's just the off-camber pitches , logs, ruts, etc... force ya to slow down and crawl. but other stuff, yer right, a good run with momentum might pitch the front end up straight, but lean forward and you'll get thru.

Old 02-01-2005, 05:01 PM
Air Cooled Rider

I'm actually looking to gear down my bike to a 12T countersprocket. See if that will help me up at Miami where most of the riding is slow. As it is now, on the trail if you get out of 3rd gear you're moving (unless you're hanging the a$$ end out on the fire roads. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] I might lose about 10MPH on the top end, if that. I know I do with my 20" paddles (22" stock tires.) I might also look for a 14T for desert and see what that does with the paddles.

Gearing down is like putting some bigger gears in the truck. Might lose a little on the top, but it makes the bottom so much better.

I've talked to people and they ask if I go to the beach everyday and surf. LOL. Yeah, I'm gonna go drive 2.5 hours everyday.

Old 02-01-2005, 06:04 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best

Skinner on my Warrior i ran 12t front 42 rear with 22" Holshot XCT rears. It worked pretty good Its not fast top speed but you can pull the hills. Right now with the motor pumped up on that warrior it has a 15 42 i think and i dont like it gonna put it back to 12. climbin tourque monger that way. My raptor for trails i run 12x44 i have 13x40(stock) with 22" rears right now for roads. Way to fast for technical trails right now.

Old 02-01-2005, 07:18 PM
Air Cooled Rider

I'm still stock on the gear (13/42 (or 40) I think.) I finally replaced the balloons and have one weekend on them, if that. I went with the Kenda Klaws all the way around. I'm running 1-2" wider in the rear now. Only problem is my ramp is a bugger to get between the wheels now. LOL I was expecting to lose some power due to the weight, but she feels just as peppy and responds a little better to body english in the corners.

Old 02-02-2005, 12:55 AM
Pro Rider

I'm going to put 20" XCR's on the back of mine, hopefully this weekend[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 02-02-2005, 02:02 AM
Range Rover

[quote]
Originally posted by: confusedbuyer
that'd be great hothead. should we call the hospital or the morgue ? yep, most of you sport riders are half a brain cell from a Darwin award.a whole brain cell would be overestimating the contents of the helmet. that's why we go out into the bush lookin for 4x4 type stuff.... to get away from you maniacs. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

hay that sound like me no fair we have the need for speed and if there is mud even better!!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 02-02-2005, 02:18 AM
Pro Rider

[quote]
Originally posted by: mstrquad
Originally posted by: confusedbuyer
that'd be great hothead. should we call the hospital or the morgue ? yep, most of you sport riders are half a brain cell from a Darwin award.a whole brain cell would be overestimating the contents of the helmet. that's why we go out into the bush lookin for 4x4 type stuff.... to get away from you maniacs. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

hay that sound like me no fair we have the need for speed and if there is mud even better!!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
realizing all my pals here are sport riders, i thot i woulda whacked open a bigger hornet's nest. guess they're all too used to my ranting.

actually, we were out at a muddy area and a guy on a banshee had some kinda wide, fat tires. well he spun them tires so fast, he screamed thru the mud and almost hydroplaned it. the guy on the Grizz got ugly stuck and a Jeep winched him out. this just seems like 4x4 rec quad country. BUT, there are some logging roads where you could get going fast. no dunes and very little sand riding.

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel