Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2005, 04:06 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

I can't remember where it was, might have been on an email list (ridig group) but someone wanted to make a 6-pack rack from stainless. LOL. That would have been pretty light...NOT. Plus that stuff is just too damn tough. You'd bend your frame before it let go.

ok, I'm Jonesing to go ride Miami right now. Too bad they would miss me around here this afternoon. LOL

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 04-26-2005, 04:06 PM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: mywifesquad
Originally posted by: rescuediver
Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior There's just something about a nice shiny piece of milled aluminum.
I'm with you on this one[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Must be why I like stainless steel[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] I would love to have stainless steel and diamond plating through out my garage[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
In the garage it would be cool, but too tough to work with and way too heavy for me.
That's because you get to work with all the special metals[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 04-26-2005, 08:29 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally posted by: rescuediver

I think your sfe[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I like that[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

You know the answer to that one[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] j/l[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Just wanted to be sure.

Thought you might.

LMAO.

Old 04-26-2005, 08:37 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior someone wanted to make a 6-pack rack from stainless. LOL. That would have been pretty light...NOT. Plus that stuff is just too damn tough. You'd bend your frame before it let go.

ok, I'm Jonesing to go ride Miami right now. Too bad they would miss me around here this afternoon. LOL
Actually stainless is pretty soft unless it is heat treated. It will bend way before my favorite aluminum will and is probubly 3X as heavy. Its biggest benefit is wont rust/corrode, even if left on the bottom of the ocean a while. And is not porous at all. It wont hold on to any germs, why it is used for medical items, knives, etc....

I definitely understand that. It is my newest favorite place to ride.

Old 04-26-2005, 08:38 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

Originally posted by: rescuediver That's because you get to work with all the special metals[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-26-2005, 09:25 PM
Pro Rider

[i]Originally posted by: rescuediver[/Speaking of shocking people[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] I was watching American Chopper last night[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Mikey and Paulie had this clicking pen that shocks you. They set Paul Sr. up twice[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] where he shocked the crap out of himself[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] LMAO[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] He deserved it. He can be ONE BIG JERK[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]
Paul Sr. is so bright he fell for it twice?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] sharp as a tack I tell ya............

Old 04-26-2005, 09:30 PM
Pro Rider

[i]Originally posted by: [b]mywifesquad[/bActually stainless is pretty soft unless it is heat treated. It will bend way before my favorite aluminum will and is probubly 3X as heavy. Its biggest benefit is wont rust/corrode, even if left on the bottom of the ocean a while. And is not porous at all. It wont hold on to any germs, why it is used for medical items, knives, etc....
Maybe you can make OFC a strap to hold his tool to his leg outta that stuff. He won't get into any trouble that way[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 04-26-2005, 10:03 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

Originally posted by: Trasher

Maybe you can make OFC a strap to hold his tool to his leg outta that stuff. He won't get into any trouble that way[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
A chastity belt for OFC??? HMMMMMM!!!! LMAO. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] May have to turn to titanium for that part.

Old 04-27-2005, 12:20 AM
Quad Patrol

Actually stainless is pretty soft unless it is heat treated. It will bend way before my favorite aluminum will and is probubly 3X as heavy. Its biggest benefit is wont rust/corrode, even if left on the bottom of the ocean a while. And is not porous at all. It wont hold on to any germs, why it is used for medical items, knives, etc....

I definitely understand that. It is my newest favorite place to ride.
My bbq is stainless[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] as well as, the drawers in the bbq unit[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Along with my bbq'ing tools[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Even after all the turmoil it's caused your wallet and family[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] That's cool[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 04-27-2005, 12:23 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: Trasher

A chastity belt for OFC??? HMMMMMM!!!! LMAO. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] May have to turn to titanium for that part.
LMAO[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] That was good Creator and out of titanium is great[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I'm sure every father would feel better[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I know I do[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel