Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2005, 12:34 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

MD, I assume you're talking about the pic with the dome that is covered with snow on the north face? That's Fresno Dome. A lot of locals head up there and climb it (mountain clilmbers). I think the mtn. bikers ride up the north face, or around there. Supposed to be some good forest rd riding over there.

To see into Yosemite Valley you'd have to be over in the Stanislaus N.F. around the Groveland Ranger District (southern section) or maybe the northern section of the Sierra N.F. around the Merced River. We've been up to Devil's Pk wich gives you a view east into Wawona and the South Fork Merced River drainage.

The little red target in the middle of the map is where the pics were taken from. If you click the arror in the upper right corner it will move the map and Fresno Dome should be in the lower right quarter of the map. If you click up three times from the original map you'll see where Half Dome (and Yosemite Valley) are located in relation to where we ride. We turn off 41 about 7-9 miles south of the southern entrance.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 02-08-2005, 11:17 PM
Range Rover

no i have the ride to see half dome.

Old 02-09-2005, 02:40 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior
MD, I assume you're talking about the pic with the dome that is covered with snow on the north face? That's Fresno Dome. A lot of locals head up there and climb it (mountain clilmbers). I think the mtn. bikers ride up the north face, or around there. Supposed to be some good forest rd riding over there.

To see into Yosemite Valley you'd have to be over in the Stanislaus N.F. around the Groveland Ranger District (southern section) or maybe the northern section of the Sierra N.F. around the Merced River. We've been up to Devil's Pk wich gives you a view east into Wawona and the South Fork Merced River drainage.

The little red target in the middle of the map is where the pics were taken from. If you click the arror in the upper right corner it will move the map and Fresno Dome should be in the lower right quarter of the map. If you click up three times from the original map you'll see where Half Dome (and Yosemite Valley) are located in relation to where we ride. We turn off 41 about 7-9 miles south of the southern entrance.
Skinner, Yes I was[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

And, you are correct, You would need to be in the Stanislaus N.F.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] That's where we ride[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] On your topo map, it's 4 clicks up and 1 to the left. It's just outside Yosemite's 120 entrance. We ride around Crocker Ridge and Deer Flat. From my house, it's about 1 1/2 hrs to 2 hrs.

Old 02-09-2005, 02:41 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: mstrquad
Where's your ride take you matr?

Old 02-09-2005, 03:17 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: confusedbuyer
yep, that's the winch, EXACTLY!! I just checked, I paid $68.39 Cdn-TAX IN. That price on your link was horrible. so if you want, just let me know.
Wasn't that price a joke[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]I need to go and check locally. From what I've read/learned, the winch you have[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]is the same as the one at Harbour Freight and they have them for $69.99. So, you paid $68.39 Canadian, what does that = in U.S. $$$$.

Also, here's a picture of what the quad would look like with one on Z400 winch

Old 02-09-2005, 03:24 AM
Quad Patrol

Confused, I can't find, where it says the winch has a mechanical brake[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] does it say anything on the papers you have? or , by it not saying it, then, that must means it lacks it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]I know they are cheaper[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] but, might need to go with the Warn for that feature[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-09-2005, 03:39 AM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

Originally posted by: rescuediver
Up above Greelley Hill, Coulterville, etc. I've talked about it before. Groveland Ranger District, Stanislaus N.F. We didn't get to see into the Valley last year. Have to put it on the To Do list this year.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 02-09-2005, 04:01 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior
Originally posted by: rescuediver
Up above Greelley Hill, Coulterville, etc. I've talked about it before. Groveland Ranger District, Stanislaus N.F. We didn't get to see into the Valley last year. Have to put it on the To Do list this year.
K, Up by where we ride. We've overlooked Yosemite, but didn't have any luck seeing Half Dome either[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Hey, I just sent in my membership for atv west [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] had to go with a different name though[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 02-09-2005, 12:31 PM
Range Rover

what is the name

Old 02-09-2005, 01:43 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll find the feature sheet, but I'm pretty sure there's no electric brake. My 2000lb Warn winch on the Kodiak doesn't have an electric brake either. You feel that strongly about having the brake??

$70 C = $55-57 US (roughly).

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel