Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2005, 03:52 PM
Quad Patrol
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Originally posted by: mstrquad
what is the name
I just sent you a PM[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-09-2005, 04:00 PM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: confusedbuyer
I'll find the feature sheet, but I'm pretty sure there's no electric brake. My 2000lb Warn winch on the Kodiak doesn't have an electric brake either. You feel that strongly about having the brake??

$70 C = $55-57 US (roughly).
I said "manual brake" you great Confused One[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] SHEESH, I only posted it four posts above yours[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Geez, What's it take to keep you on track of things[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

It kind of is[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]On my electric winch, that I use for loading my quads, the mechanical brake is nice, especially if I need to adjust something[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]while the winch is straining to hold the quad at a severe angle[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]Not really, but I think it would be nice[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I printed off the fact sheets on harbour freight's and warns winches. There is no mention of a brake on harbours. Can you tell me what the **** is for, on the side where the cable spool is? Maybe that is the mechanical brake[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 02-09-2005, 04:27 PM
Range Rover

to release the drum to free spool?

Old 02-09-2005, 04:50 PM
Quad Patrol

I think so also, but is it also known as a mechanical brake[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]Is it safe to use it as that. Don't know if you can engage/disengage while drum has tension on it? On my electric winch, it has a dial on the side that tightens to apply the brake.

Old 02-10-2005, 12:46 AM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: rescuediver
Don't know if you can engage/disengage while drum has tension on it?
nope

On my electric winch, it has a dial on the side that tightens to apply the brake.
on the winch on my truck has no brake the motor is it

Old 02-10-2005, 01:08 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

not aware of any brake of any type. sorry, never paid attn to whether you said elec or manual. either way, BOTH my Warn and this one don't seem to have.

Yes, side **** is free-spool.

Old 02-10-2005, 03:43 AM
Quad Patrol

Ok, the more I look, the more I think, (that's what gets me in trouble) I'll try the harbor freight. Confused, for the price difference, which isn't much, it just isn't worth it. Especially, IF for some reason, I don't make it to Oregon[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Shipping would make it about the same. I tried finding a picture of how warns bracket mounts on the Z400 frame, but, so far utl[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 02-10-2005, 03:47 AM
Quad Patrol

Plus, the harbor freight weighs 14 lbs shipped and the champion is 21 lbs[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] I also like the remote control box versus the handle bar rocker switch.

Old 02-10-2005, 04:04 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the Champion has the remote, not rocker switch. your link never showed me anything on the z400 mount. maybe you can contact the company and ask them why Costco canada is selling them for $50 US, and who sells them local to you for that much?? I'm sending you a PM on Hoss. He needs your help (bailbond).

Old 02-10-2005, 04:12 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: confusedbuyer
the Champion has the remote, not rocker switch. your link never showed me anything on the z400 mount. maybe you can contact the company and ask them why Costco canada is selling them for $50 US, and who sells them local to you for that much?? I'm sending you a PM on Hoss. He needs your help (bailbond).
On the Champion site, it looks like a rocket style to me[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]but, seeing you have one, I'll take your word[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I can order one from Champion and get one in 1-2 days(which I hope, seeing they are in So. Ca)but, their price is outrageous and for some reason, theirs is a lot heavier[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] (7 lbs heavier) Yea, I don't understand why I can't get one from Costco, they don't list it on their site. Maybe, I'll try to swing by the local Costco and inquire.
On the link, you didn't see how it's on the quad? I just can't see how it attaches to the frame[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]Warn has nothing on their site[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Other then a part number.

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel