Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2005, 01:26 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

yep, more personal. i wasn't criticizing ya.

WOW! 1" of rain. living in a rain forest, i like to hear other folk's rain stories, especially when we had a nice sunny day.

Old 05-06-2005, 01:32 AM
Quad Patrol
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad your weather was better[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] We'll have our fair share of nice, hot weather in a couple of weeks[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] I like the rain[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] everything looks alive, fresh and vibrant[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
1" of rain[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] in less then 24 hours, is a lot in this area.

Old 05-06-2005, 02:01 AM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

Confused...you have to realise that the Central Valley gets probably 12" of rain a year on average. Some years as low as about 7". We are in a rain shadow of the Coastal Range. And we get most of our rain Oct through May or so. The rest of the months it's bone dry with an occasaional storm. This year has pretty much been insane as far as weather goes.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 05-06-2005, 02:11 AM
Quad Patrol

What Skinner said[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Rain is good[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] but snow is better[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

We prefer more snow[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] then rain[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Snow melts and is caught in the reservoirs to feed our thirst and irrigation needs[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-06-2005, 02:33 AM
Air Cooled Rider

My coworker went to check the road the other day up to his cabin (Beasore Rd) up above Bass Lake. He's got a '97 F-250 4x4 (460 though) with a small lift, I think (it sits level with our F-450). He went around a corner and found snow as high as his hood. He walked up to it and it was ice. Solid. He's thinking he'll get into his cabin Spring of 2006. LOL

Old 05-06-2005, 02:48 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarriorHe's thinking he'll get into his cabin Spring of 2006. LOL
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 05-06-2005, 03:27 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

we can get 12" in a month. I'm not touching that comment any further, but my wife sure could![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] snow??? hec, we don't even get that WAY up here in Canada! must be a fairly high elevation.

MD, got yer PM. I bet it could be my deck they're interested in. my quads are just too plain. sorta. did i tell ya i put alum rims, nerf bars, and a rear rack on the Rap80??also changed over all the tires and put wheel spacers on the front. I also bought a new rev limiter (but haven't installed it yet).

Old 05-06-2005, 12:34 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: rescuediver
Glad your weather was better[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] We'll have our fair share of nice, hot weather in a couple of weeks[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] I like the rain[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] everything looks alive, fresh and vibrant[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
1" of rain[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] in less then 24 hours, is a lot in this area.
Back in texas where i lived we got 10"s in less than 12 hours. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 05-06-2005, 12:37 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior
My coworker went to check the road the other day up to his cabin (Beasore Rd) up above Bass Lake. He's got a '97 F-250 4x4 (460 though) with a small lift, I think (it sits level with our F-450). He went around a corner and found snow as high as his hood. He walked up to it and it was ice. Solid. He's thinking he'll get into his cabin Spring of 2006. LOL
Yeah i was just up there. There is ALOT of snow. I tried to make it to Fresno Dome but that was a no go. Then i took the road over to Beasore to see how far i could get and couldnt even make it to the Central Camp turn off. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
Im guessing another month before ittll be totally passable!

Old 05-06-2005, 01:23 PM
Air Cooled Rider

Confused...it's probably 6000'. Most places are clear to close to 6000' though. Not sure what this rain did to the situation. It was cold last night, but not too cold. Might have just made more glaciers up there on the road.

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel