Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2005, 08:57 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 49 Likes on 48 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Originally posted by: rescuediver

MWQ, sorry didn't make it today[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] With the mojave and wife coming home late[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] then her, having to go to the bay area[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] We never really got going. When we did, it was raining cats and dogs. Then, it stopped raining for the better part of the afternoon. From the looks of it, here. You should of had great riding weather[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
We got there about 8:45, sun was just starting to break thru. Looked like a perfect day. The boys and I got dressed, and fired up bikes. The curse of the pos seems to be following the oldest son. His yamaha was somehow missing the powervalve cover. He was bummed and got undressed and was loading the wr as the youngest and i headed out. We rode around the bottom and put a couple laps on the moto track when it started drizzling. We headed into the hills at this point and for every 5 mins the rain was coming down harder and harder. We kept heading farther into the hills and it kept raining a little harder. We decided to head back to the truck and just as we got to it the skies opened up big time. As we were trying to get under the rain cover over the picnic bench the wind came up and blew the rain sideways, within 3 minutes we were soaked to the skin. Oldest was in the truck laughing. youngest was getting over bronchitis and now shivering. Got him changed into dry clothes and called it a day. the red light was on within minutes of it raining anyway so it was no great loss.
Now gotta find that cover this week or maybe make one. not sure.

Old 03-21-2005, 09:35 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

Oldest son was able to order awol parts for yamaha today, and they have been promised by thur. That is sweet and has me looking to carnegie sat. RD interested? need to get ready for the miami trip. that is still on right? RD you going on that? cant remember.

Old 03-21-2005, 10:46 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yup. The miami trip is still a go![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-22-2005, 02:01 AM
Quad Patrol

Man, I am having a hard time staying on the forum tonight[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

MWQ, sorry to hear you son is still having problems[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] One way of looking at things[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] They can only get better[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] From where we were at, it sure looked like you had good riding weather[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] guess from 40+ miles away[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] things do look different.

Old 03-22-2005, 02:13 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: mywifesquad
Oldest son was able to order awol parts for yamaha today, and they have been promised by thur. That is sweet and has me looking to carnegie sat. RD interested? need to get ready for the miami trip. that is still on right? RD you going on that? cant remember.
Glad your son was able to get his parts[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

We had better luck at Carnegie then you did[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] When we first got there, it was drizzling, but very little. After we found a spot to park. It was sunny[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Weather was off and on as far as light rain. couldn't believe the traction we had. Loved it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] We played mainly in the creek. But, did do a couple spins on the Los Osos trail[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Boy were we covered in mud[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Had a great time[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] As we were headed back to the truck to call it a day[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] It opened up for about 10 mins. Didi we get drenched[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] But, all in all, we had a great time[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Saturday might be a possiblity[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Right now, the day is open[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] And I need to mess with the mojave carb some more[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Also, the plans right now are to head to Miami trails for that Saturday. Wife has a full schedule that week[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] and for us to camp with the quads, we need to bring both vehicles. Can't wait to get a toy hauler[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-22-2005, 10:25 AM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

MD I too was having issues last night getting on. I gave up and played around with the computers here. Getting closer to getting the new server and router ready to go live. Found a cool photo album system. Need to tighten the security on that and she should then be good to go....I think.

Miami is still on....if it's still there. LOL. Man it opened up around here last night and this morning. Took my bro to work at 5am and around 4:45 we thought we had lightning...nope...looks like power lines were down. Got to the office and it was dark. CHP had one road closed....though he had to chase a guy down who drove past the flares...I thought it was open too (I was going a diff. way) but they didn't do a good job of blocking the road. He was parked off to the side. Going in early to restart everything...after I get me some breakfast.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 03-22-2005, 10:36 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior

Miami is still on....if it's still there. LOL. Man it opened up around here last night and this morning..
What is the situation if it is still raining? Does the area get closed? Do you need 4X4 to get to the campsite? Will everyone still be going if it is raining? If I cancel this trip, the wife will melt down. She needs to camp as much as I need to ride. LOL

Old 03-22-2005, 12:44 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

The only way it would get "closed" would be if a blizard came through and CalTrans piled the snow too high at the incoming roads to get in. There are no gates or anything like that on the roads going in. There are only a few locked gates on a couple road sections do to rutting. You can still go down them on Quads and MCs.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 03-22-2005, 02:53 PM
Quad Patrol

Ok guys, Here's a technical question for you[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I have finished the mojave[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] The only thing that was changed was the air filter. Instead of the k&n filter that fit in the stock air box, I went with a clamp on style k&n filter with outerwear. Now, I don't remember what number jetting I had in(should of wrote it down when I had it out) but, it was what k&n recommended for that filter. The needle is in the #3 position. I thought, all I would need to do with the new filter[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] would be to adjust the idle screw[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]Boy, was I WRONG[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] The thing is idling fast/high. Couldn't get it to idle down with the idle screw.
Would lowering the needle to say the #2 or 1 position, make a difference?
I am going to continue looking for my k&n jet kit (can't find it when I need it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]) and also do some research here[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

MD

Old 03-22-2005, 03:05 PM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior
MD I too was having issues last night getting on. I gave up

So did I. Find out this morning, that dbeck was working on the server.

[quote]
Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarriorMiami is still on....if it's still there. LOL[quote]

We had some nasty rain last night and early this morning too[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Just found out the wife's schedule for the next 2 weeks[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Doens't look good for Miami[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] SHe's working 2 36 hour sifts that week and doesn't get off until Sat. morning on the last one[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] Then, she informs me, the youngest is having a sleep over tha Sat. night[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] I hate it when she ruins my riding plans[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]
So, Skinner, I'll have to get back to you on Miami[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel