Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2005, 12:50 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

You could mill in the "OFC Racing logo into it. He would look pretty cool

Old 04-27-2005, 01:10 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: Trasher
LOL[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Git R Done! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 04-27-2005, 02:48 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i think i'd only feel safe if OFC was castrated to remove all the dry-humping urges. but ya could use some of them s/s instruments for that! MWQ, sounds like yer quite the fabricator. so 7075 is lighter but stronger than 6061?? wow!

i've found s/s brittle, and easy to snap off screw heads.

a friend custom makes alum fish boats for guys. his entire, sliding shop door (12'H x 12'W ??...it's big) is made from scraps of Alum. It's remarkably light to open.

Old 04-27-2005, 08:10 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally posted by: rescuediver

My bbq is stainless[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] as well as, the drawers in the bbq unit[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Along with my bbq'ing tools[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Even after all the turmoil it's caused your wallet and family[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] That's cool[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]
A BBQ is a great application for stainless steel.

When I was in hs and going into the speed shop making my mustang faster. I still have that car by the way. there was a sign on the cash register that said. "Speed costs, How fast did you say you wanted to go?" Not much has changed in my life since then. Well except for the days without, records.

Old 04-27-2005, 08:11 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

LMAO[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] That was good Creator and out of titanium is great[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I'm sure every father would feel better[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I know I do[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
LMAO

Old 04-27-2005, 08:12 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

LOL[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Git R Done! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
You guys are killing me. LOL

Old 04-27-2005, 08:18 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

Originally posted by: confusedbuyer
i think i'd only feel safe if OFC was castrated to remove all the dry-humping urges. but ya could use some of them s/s instruments for that! MWQ, sounds like yer quite the fabricator. so 7075 is lighter but stronger than 6061?? wow!

i've found s/s brittle, and easy to snap off screw heads.

a friend custom makes alum fish boats for guys. his entire, sliding shop door (12'H x 12'W ??...it's big) is made from scraps of Alum. It's remarkably light to open.
I wont be approaching OFC with any SS instruments, thank you. LOL Machining is what I do for a living, I have to be very good at it. Pays the bills and I need to be more valuable than the next guy. Sorry if I am sounding like OFC, but I really am very good at what I do. 7075 may be 3% heavier than 6061 but it is easily 15X stronger.

It is because SS is so soft that it breaks so easily. It isnt because it is so hard/brittle.

Yes aluminum is extremely light for its size.

Old 04-27-2005, 12:58 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

Ahh stainless appliances. I love em. Just beautiful. Just gotta watch salt with stainless. It's about the ONLY thing that will screw it up. Growing up we had this big SS mixing bowl that ended up as the "popcorn bowl." My dad made popcorn constantly. It got to the point after I stopped living with him I don't think I ate popcorn for a year. Anyways. He put so much salt that it ended up eating little tiny holes in the bottom of the bowl. It wasn't useful for baking because liquids would come through the holes in the bottom of the bowl.

That's why if you buy SS cookware (pots and pans) it says that if you put salt in water to boil, always bring the water to a boil FIRST, then put the salt in.

Ahh...another day at work.

I didn't mention this the other day but some a&& hat came in over the weekend and stole probably $300 worth of scrap and new copper wire. They didn't bother with anything smaller than #6 (the was still some in the tub). They took 4/0, 250 kcmil, 350 kcmil and 500 kcmil. 500 is about 1" in diameter and a foot weighs almost 1lb. They even took some stuff right off the shelf! This isn't the kinda wire you use on a side job wiring a ceiling fan. This is big stuff. 4/0 (four ought) is good for 200 AMPS. Copper at last check was about $1.15 at the recycle yard.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 04-27-2005, 01:30 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best

Originally posted by: mywifesquad

Maybe you can make OFC a strap to hold his tool to his leg outta that stuff. He won't get into any trouble that way[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
A chastity belt for OFC??? HMMMMMM!!!! LMAO. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] May have to turn to titanium for that part.
LMAO[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] That was good Creator and out of titanium is great[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I'm sure every father would feel better[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I know I do[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
MY GOD.. Paint OFC to be a predator [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] I pursue nothing. they all come to me. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Like a shepherd guiding his flock [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] So dont blame me blame the girls.

Old 04-27-2005, 01:36 PM
Pro Rider

sounds like some druggy wanting some quick cash from the recycle yard. That stuff really ticks me off[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel