Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2005, 05:35 PM
Quad Patrol
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

I've seen a first for me[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] There was a VW bug at the diesel pump when I fueled up[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] I know VW had made diesels for small cars before[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] But, I had never seen a VW powered by a diesel[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Didn't get a chance to talk to him to see how it ran.

Old 07-04-2005, 01:50 AM
Pro Rider

about that comet tonight.
I dont have my scope out. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] I totally forgot.
Even with my 10" SCT theres a slim chance id get a good view of it. But ya never know. If its lit up tomorow i might pull it out. heh. Maybe.

Old 07-04-2005, 02:24 AM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

Originally posted by: rescuediver
Where were they camping, Up front? Can't see them going past the store.
There were heading to the back. Seen them climbing that grade going past the store. A little "noisy" [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] but they didn't appear to be taking any damage.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 07-04-2005, 02:25 AM
Air Cooled Rider

Was anyone helping you? that is, when you passed out[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Were you alone[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] That's what we really want to know[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] And you know, leaving it open like that, leads to a lot of speculations[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

And no back dooring allowed[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
I could only wish.

Just Say No to Backdoors!

Old 07-04-2005, 02:29 AM
Air Cooled Rider

I've seen a first for me[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] There was a VW bug at the diesel pump when I fueled up[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] I know VW had made diesels for small cars before[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] But, I had never seen a VW powered by a diesel[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Didn't get a chance to talk to him to see how it ran.
VW actually makes a pretty good TDI from what I heard. I know they put them in the Golf. It's nown for darn near 50MPG highway, IIRC.VW Engines page Ok, I'll have to admit...for some reason Flash isn't working. But that page was a hit when I searched "beetle diesel" on VW's website.

Edmunds article mentioning the TDI Beetle, but focusing more on the clutch pedalless 6 speed manual. Like the Eaton Autoshifts in the big rigs in that it's a manual, but the cluth is computer & servo controlled. It can run full auto or you can manually shift it.

Old 07-04-2005, 02:53 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: powerstroke01
about that comet tonight.
I dont have my scope out. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] I totally forgot.
Even with my 10" SCT theres a slim chance id get a good view of it. But ya never know. If its lit up tomorow i might pull it out. heh. Maybe.
LJ, the impact should be like in 7 minutes. Probably can't see anything with the naked eye[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 07-04-2005, 02:56 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior
Where were they camping, Up front? Can't see them going past the store.
There were heading to the back. Seen them climbing that grade going past the store. A little "noisy" [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] but they didn't appear to be taking any damage.
Hhmm, guess I'll have to pay more attention next time I go. That's the only bad thing about the trailer I want[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Getting into some places[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 07-04-2005, 02:57 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior
Was anyone helping you? that is, when you passed out[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Were you alone[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] That's what we really want to know[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] And you know, leaving it open like that, leads to a lot of speculations[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

And no back dooring allowed[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
I could only wish.

Just Say No to Backdoors!
Shucks[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

I hear ya on that!

Old 07-04-2005, 03:01 AM
Quad Patrol

b&rw, I just never saw one in a bug before. My neighbor used to have a vw rabbit that was a diesel. That thing got about 55 mpg[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] He used to commute to Livermore everyday[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Always bragging about getting something like 600 miles per tank[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Wouldn't that be sweet today[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I remember though, the maintenance cost on it was high. Nothing seemed to be cheap[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 07-04-2005, 06:20 PM
Air Cooled Rider

VW is REALLY pushing the TDI big time. 80% of engines sold in Germany by VW are oil burners. They are hoping to push up to 20% in the US. We just aren't big diesel fans here. They're are a little sluggish I guess off the line but work well 30-80 from one article I read. Funny to see a motor rated at 100HP and 170 lb ft of torque in a car. The new diesels are getting so clean (getting the big particles and soot out of the exhaust) and quiet I think the public will start to accept them again. The only bad thing on the new diesels is they have high NOx emissions. But everything else is less. That's on dino diesel. The emissions drop even lower on Bio.

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel