Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2005, 11:58 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Originally posted by: rescuediver
Originally posted by: powerstroke01

Im gonna pick the tank up after i pick up the truck from banks.. And install it my self.. Shouldnt be to hard.
Probably not for a tech head like you[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Im gonna stick to hand tools though. I heard power tools and fuel dont mix. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 08-01-2005, 12:02 AM
Quad Patrol

LJ, you know anything about taking the driver's door panel off? Might have to do that to fix my window problem. I'm going to try cleaning the window track like Confused mentioned. But, if I need to get a new window motor, I'll need to remove that panel[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
I know you need some tool to make it easyer but ive never had to mess with it.. Thats about all i know. lol
Ok, thanks

Old 08-01-2005, 12:04 AM
Quad Patrol

Im gonna pick the tank up after i pick up the truck from banks.. And install it my self.. Shouldnt be to hard.
Probably not for a tech head like you[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Im gonna stick to hand tools though. I heard power tools and fuel dont mix. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]
Like what? The fuel exploding?

Old 08-01-2005, 12:10 AM
Pro Rider

With my luck id probably be able to get diesel to catch fire. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-01-2005, 12:12 AM
Quad Patrol

With my luck id probably be able to get diesel to catch fire. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Wouldn't daddy be happy then[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

j/k

Old 08-01-2005, 02:18 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: confusedbuyer

could just be the track the window slides in needs cleaning and grease (like a lithium spray grease).

Hhmm, do you know how to remove the door panel? I take it that just spraying the felt rails/guide won't cut it alone[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

you'd need to remove the door panel. there is a special tool that looks like it has a wide prong to it, and it's almost like pliers. should be less than $10 at your fave discount tool store. it's for removing door panel plugs. both parts are kinda flat and slide under door panel. you squeeze pliers and one part remains stationary while the fork pushes away from the panel and it pops out those plastic door panel plugs. go around the whole door panel until you have all the plugs. then you'll see where track is that pushes window up. i use that white lithium grease spray inside anything that looks like a moving part. go up and down a few times and lube it in various positions (go ahead hoss, jump all over that one, cuz yer prolly gettin a woody just reading it).

leave the panel off for a few days in case you need a motor or possibly a switch. the greasing is needed anyways, so you won't have wasted time. also, with panel off, motor should be easy to replace and readily accessable. one thing tho, ask dealer about whether window should be up or down for motor replacement, and if there's a temporary set screw you're supposed to put in to prevent window tensioner from flying apart and ripping your hand off.

Old 08-01-2005, 02:32 AM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

You gonna start a fire under the tank first? Sheesh. It's diesel man. You got a compressor and tools...use the air tools. Or get a tank of CO2. Drain the tank, open up the CO2 into the tank...it should push the vapors out.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 08-01-2005, 02:47 AM
Quad Patrol

Thanks Confused. Guess I'll put that on my list of things to do[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] That darn list keeps getting longer and longer[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Now, I'm not even rolling the window down[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Afraid it won't roll back up.

Old 08-01-2005, 02:49 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior

You gonna start a fire under the tank first? Sheesh. It's diesel man. You got a compressor and tools...use the air tools. Or get a tank of CO2. Drain the tank, open up the CO2 into the tank...it should push the vapors out.
LOL! I thought maybe he'd use a flare for a light[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 08-01-2005, 04:06 AM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior

LOL! I thought maybe he'd use a flare for a light[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
Wouldn't put it past him. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] j/k

And on the winder, we had the passenger window in our '79 LTD stop working. You could hear it working but the window just stayed put shimmying in the track. Ended up having to put one hand on each side of the glass and pull or push it up and down. LOL. That car was such a POS, but hey, it was abused and stayed together.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel