Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2005, 12:26 PM
Royalty Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Originally posted by: powerstroke01

I took the top and doors off. So its not so bad.
I must be a sissy then...I have the hard top on, with blacked out windows, with my A/C functioning properly and Im still freakin' HOT!!

I think next time I head to the beach, Im gonna be brave and take the top off [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-04-2005, 02:15 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: rescuediver

So true. Right now, I am just keeping up on the 6 we have:Want to buy sand tires for all and some safety items like nerf bars[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

I guess, when we got started 8 years ago as a family, friends let us use their quads and I am just returning the favor. But, we did bring our own gas and equipment[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] And "IF" something did go wrong[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] I was there to pay for whatever it was and help fix it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

I am glad it is happening to me[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I'll pray it happens for you too[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] What's going on with the 400? That's the one you got from the rental place right?
yeah, that's a little different then. i could see lending to the same people that lent to you.

i sold the ex-tour quad (not quite a rental). it was a Honda 250 TRX (utility/rec), ES. i bought a 400 Foreman, 2001, with about 400 miles on it.

Old 08-04-2005, 02:42 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best

I'll do that. When I was under it, I could see the shaft moving around as it clunked[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Definately where my problem is coming from. Guess now is to find out what FORD'S tolerance level is[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]
Woah i didnt say lay under it and let someone run you over.. thats not safe [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Lay beside it [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] then you can wiggle it and it has some play to it.. I dont think its supposed to move at all there. just my theory. you know if you knowsomeone else with a crewcab or just goto the dealer and crawl under a new one and wiggle the first shaft you would know pretty quick. you can make sure its not that U joint right the by holding eachside and rattling back and forth. I think we will call that the ford 100k - 125k clunk [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-04-2005, 04:02 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

Originally posted by: dancingqueen

I must be a sissy then...I have the hard top on, with blacked out windows, with my A/C functioning properly and Im still freakin' HOT!!

I think next time I head to the beach, Im gonna be brave and take the top off [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
It's just because you're a woman. (That usually explains MANY things. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] )

So you're gonna go topless at the beach?

Going to head down to Pirate's Cove as well?

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 08-04-2005, 05:19 PM
Royalty Rider

What is Pirates Cove?

Old 08-04-2005, 05:33 PM
Pro Rider

You should get a bikini top, then you wont be totally topless [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]
And if you ever need to know:
Since i was worried my AC compressor could freeze up or something i went and got a new belt for a non AC wrangler and stuck it on bypassing the AC. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-04-2005, 05:48 PM
Air Cooled Rider

What is Pirates Cove?
I can't believe you're a Pismo regular and don't know about Pirate's Cove. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] (No, you'll never find me there.)

Pismo Beach Link
If you're not afraid to take off your skivvies in public, or prefer to do so, venture half a mile up Cave Landing Road to Pirate's Cove. (Take San Luis Bay Drive to Cave Landing Road.) The picturesque cove is well protected from the wind, but not curious onlookers. The waves are ideal for frolicking, but generally too small and shallow for good surfing.
If you see an SBC truck up on the hill it's because they are watching. LOL. Serious...there's a pair of binoculars in the phone pedestal up there. (Per my pervie uncle who works for SBC.) And no, I've never been up on the hills overlooking the beach either.

Old 08-04-2005, 06:25 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior
What is Pirates Cove?
I can't believe you're a Pismo regular and don't know about Pirate's Cove. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] (No, you'll never find me there.)

Pismo Beach Link
If you're not afraid to take off your skivvies in public, or prefer to do so, venture half a mile up Cave Landing Road to Pirate's Cove. (Take San Luis Bay Drive to Cave Landing Road.) The picturesque cove is well protected from the wind, but not curious onlookers. The waves are ideal for frolicking, but generally too small and shallow for good surfing.
If you see an SBC truck up on the hill it's because they are watching. LOL. Serious...there's a pair of binoculars in the phone pedestal up there. (Per my pervie uncle who works for SBC.) And no, I've never been up on the hills overlooking the beach either.
I also know a few places up here to swim and relax in hte newd.

DOnt ask.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-04-2005, 08:07 PM
Air Cooled Rider

TMFI LJ!

Old 08-04-2005, 08:19 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: OneFlyCowboy

I'll do that. When I was under it, I could see the shaft moving around as it clunked[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Definately where my problem is coming from. Guess now is to find out what FORD'S tolerance level is[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]
Woah i didnt say lay under it and let someone run you over.. thats not safe [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Lay beside it [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] then you can wiggle it and it has some play to it.. I dont think its supposed to move at all there. just my theory. you know if you knowsomeone else with a crewcab or just goto the dealer and crawl under a new one and wiggle the first shaft you would know pretty quick. you can make sure its not that U joint right the by holding eachside and rattling back and forth. I think we will call that the ford 100k - 125k clunk [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

A little FYI for you: Please block all the wheels BEFORE unbolting the drive shaft. I like to put the vehicle in neutral and then set the emer. brake to let all the stress of the driveline before messing with it.

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel