Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2005, 07:35 PM
Royalty Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Im changing the subject, sorry...

So I started school yesterday...what a mess!! The courses that I needed were closed so I had to crash, and of course the teacher wont let me crash!! Grr... luckily for me, I am able to add the same class on another day. Which means I will be driving to Fresno 4 days a week!! Argh! Thats an extra 176 miles a week!

But on a happier note... Ill be graduating!! YAYAYAYA!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-24-2005, 08:06 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

Originally posted by: dancingqueen
Im changing the subject, sorry...

So I started school yesterday...what a mess!! The courses that I needed were closed so I had to crash, and of course the teacher wont let me crash!! Grr... luckily for me, I am able to add the same class on another day. Which means I will be driving to Fresno 4 days a week!! Argh! Thats an extra 176 miles a week!
ExxonMobileChevronTexacoBPAmaco thanks you. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Man, I wish I could have stuck all of my 401(k) in petroleum. Talk about a killing!

But on a happier note... Ill be graduating!! YAYAYAYA!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Congrats.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 08-24-2005, 09:29 PM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: OneFlyCowboy
I am number one!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Monday i had a 19yr old Alley cat all over me. then she says she's a virgin [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Man why did she have to go and ruin a good thing in progress [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
She knew you would go off running[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] with your tail between your legs[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-24-2005, 09:30 PM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior
Originally posted by: rescuediver
My oldest has decided to wait a few weeks[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] before she starts driving[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Hmm....I've noticed a little extra cheer in your posts. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] j/k
Oh yes[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I am glad she feels, there is not urgency to getting her permit.

Old 08-24-2005, 09:34 PM
Quad Patrol

Yeah, I'm a little familiar with that wasteland over there. LOL. Man, how people can drive that road from Bakersfield to Sac, I don't know.

I've only driven 5 from Nees (Fresno County) to the 580 (and 580 to 80). And 120 to 80 up in Sac (not too bad as there's actually some stuff out there to look at...kinda). But yeah, 5 is a friggin wasteland.

Heading up to a jobsite east of Livingston tomorrow. Least that's on 99, but then again, there's like 5x the traffic on 99. And the rigs don't run 70+ over here.
That's what it is[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Worked that area for many years[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Part of the accident problem is the way the road is constructed and nothing to see. Myself, I like it that way[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] But I also enjoy driving. My mind keeps me busy. I just think about all the pigs and deer in the hills along I-5[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

99 definately is the road to drive if you can deal with the traffic[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] Here lately, rigs have been doing 60 mph max. Can't afford to suck to much fuel at 65-70[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 08-24-2005, 09:36 PM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: Trasher

glad to hear the moves have worked out for you and Hoss. now i wish our deal would be done, so then we can work on creator to sell next and move next to a golf course somewhere!!i.

was looking at homes on a course just yesterday[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] just looking...................[/quote]

LOL! That's the first step to admitting you have a problem[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Looking at homes on a golf course[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]Atleast you will always have green grass[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-24-2005, 09:38 PM
Quad Patrol

Congrats.
Yes, DQ, Congradulations on reaching that pedestal[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-24-2005, 09:42 PM
Quad Patrol

Now, back on to the subject at hand[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] The PSD[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

I paid attention while out and about today. At 70 mph, I am right at 2,000 rpm's. At 65 mph. it's at roughly 1800 rpm's. Every 5 mph below that, the rpm's go down about 150 rpms. So, just keeping the PSD under 2,000 rpm's doesn't vastly improve the fuel mileage. Atleast in my truck. It's the MPH that matter.

Old 08-24-2005, 11:14 PM
Air Cooled Rider

It's gotta be the tires lugging the motor then. Bigger = heavier, plus the gearing change.

Old 08-24-2005, 11:35 PM
Air Cooled Rider

Originally posted by: rescuediver
Part of the accident problem is the way the road is constructed and nothing to see. Myself, I like it that way[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] But I also enjoy driving. My mind keeps me busy. I just think about all the pigs and deer in the hills along I-5[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Because of the split level at the base of the hills?

99 definately is the road to drive if you can deal with the traffic[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] Here lately, rigs have been doing 60 mph max. Can't afford to suck to much fuel at 65-70[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
Generally don't mind the traffic, until you get impatient people who won't wait for you to slide back over after passing.

This is the trailer that tows weird if the tongue isn't high enough: Jacobsen Selma Hydraulic. (The green tandem is like ours.) Doesn't say how much they weigh empty. Guess a couple grand.

Be interesting to see what kind of mileage I get on the way back.

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel