Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2005, 12:36 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior
Originally posted by: Trasher
isn't it amazing that a oil refinery can have some mishap and the very next day prices rocket upward[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] even though they have millions in reserves and waiting offshore to be processed[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Funny thing down here. Oil refined in Long Beach which is about 1 1/2 hours away and there is a pipeline that bring the oil down to SD. The prices are about 25-30 cents more down here. You can drive 2-3 hours away to the middle of nowhere that get the oil from the the same place in Long Beach and the price will be 50 cents cheaper. Go figure.........[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img] That's the stuff that ticks me off big time. It's a big joke supply and demand always applies[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]
Has to do with supply and demand, and as they say in Real Estate, location, location, location. If you're in an area that's more affluent, prices will be higher because 1) the market will bear it 2) the stations costs could be higher (real estate prices). I know in North Fresno the stations are at least 10 cents more a gallon it seams. There's a couple of 76 stations....WOW.

The market will react to the downed refinery by raising prices as they view there could be a long term outtage and supplies could get thinner. Though right now our diesel inventory is actually up over 1 million gallons.

I wonder what kind of impact truckers throttling back from 62 to 55 would have in California? Less tickets issued for speeding (and probably other violations that get picked up at the same time), less fuel tax received, less sales tax received, etc.

Who drives 62[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 08-10-2005, 12:53 PM
Royalty Rider

Who drives 62[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
Haha... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-10-2005, 01:54 PM
Quad Patrol

Not all companies apply a freight charge. iknowmy brother's business doesn't and the fuel prices are definatley making an impact on the bottom line. ( He works for a major Corporation) So, not everybody is able to pass the buck. However, we do pay one way or another.

Old 08-10-2005, 01:57 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

Truckers. Unless they want a ticket. They might be able to sneak 65. They'll fly on I-5 over on the west side because there's not really anywhere for the CHP to hide over there. Over here on 99 they usually run 62. CHP lets them run that. Too many interchanges and what not for them to hide on to catch them.

They get steeper fines, 1.5x the points and can accumulate less points on their license as well, before they'll lose their commercial lic.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 08-10-2005, 01:59 PM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior

Has to do with supply and demand, and as they say in Real Estate, location, location, location. If you're in an area that's more affluent, prices will be higher because 1) the market will bear it 2) the stations costs could be higher (real estate prices). I know in North Fresno the stations are at least 10 cents more a gallon it seams. There's a couple of 76 stations....WOW.

The market will react to the downed refinery by raising prices as they view there could be a long term outtage and supplies could get thinner. Though right now our diesel inventory is actually up over 1 million gallons.

I wonder what kind of impact truckers throttling back from 62 to 55 would have in California? Less tickets issued for speeding (and probably other violations that get picked up at the same time), less fuel tax received, less sales tax received, etc.
Years ago, my buddy managed a gas station. They were not be allowed to raise/lower the gas/fuel prices to match the market UNTIL they received a new load of fuel. Reason is, they paid a lower price or higher (just depends) for what they had in their tanks. Today, it must not be the same. Prices are jumping up way to fast and of course, we know they will take their time going down.

Old 08-10-2005, 02:01 PM
Quad Patrol

I do[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] mpg goes up to 16 mpg[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-10-2005, 02:09 PM
Royalty Rider

Okay, its way too slow in here lately....

bored

Old 08-10-2005, 08:09 PM
Air Cooled Rider

I thought it looked like Miss Kitty had something to say.

Work here.

Old 08-10-2005, 09:26 PM
Elite Pro Rider

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

theres another spin zone hiding in the depths of the forums[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

whats this the morning spin zone[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-10-2005, 10:44 PM
Air Cooled Rider

This is the older more mature version of the spin zone.

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel