Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2007, 07:10 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Whitewater

Well, it's been crazy around here. Don't know if anyone has watched the news lately about the coal mine accidents in Utah, but that little town (aka: Hillbilly Hell) is where I live.

Oh, I bought Hoss Jr. an Avanti 125. That thing hauls butt.

Hope all is well with the FBK crew.

XOXOXOX

Hoss</end quote></div>

I was gonna make a joke about not falling in any holes but thought it might not be cool.. So i wont......

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 08-29-2007, 11:05 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: rescuediver

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: rescuediver

Can you believe it's almost September[IMG][/IMG] Should start getting some rain in around 4-5 weeks[IMG][/IMG]</end quote></div>

Looking at Hollister for Halloween. Or possibly first weekend in October for another Pismo run. I need some trail action. Too much sand lately (3 Pismo trips.)</end quote></div>

I thought you hated SAND! You just might go more this year than me[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif" border="0[/IMG]

October is to far away[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif" border="0[/IMG] Only trip I know that is planned is Pismo at Thanksgiving[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif" border="0[/IMG]</end quote></div>

My son is going to Cal Poly so I might be going to Pismo on Thanksgiving also[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

I haven't been there in years. What's the deal on getting permits/whatnot to camp there? Is it getting any smaller than it was?

What's the deal with crossing the river ? is that still the way to the sand?

Old 08-30-2007, 02:30 AM
Quad Patrol

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: nedflanders

actually, Hoss is our stallion. [IMG][/IMG]

I figured it was only a matter of time before you showed up[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Guess DQ is right around the corner too[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Hoss actually does = stallion. I prefer STUD, but stallion will work.[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif" border="0[/IMG]</end quote></div>

Old 08-30-2007, 02:35 AM
Quad Patrol

Well, it's been crazy around here. Don't know if anyone has watched the news lately about the coal mine accidents in Utah, but that little town (aka: Hillbilly Hell) is where I live.Hoss</end quote></div>

That is tragic. However, it's the nature of the business working in those conditions. If I was the owner, I would of stopped everything 2 holes ago. Truly a shame, I did pray for them a few times. Especially the rescuers who gave their lives.

Old 08-30-2007, 02:36 AM
Quad Patrol

Oh, I bought Hoss Jr. an Avanti 125. That thing hauls butt.

Hope all is well with the FBK crew.

XOXOXOX

Hoss</end quote></div>

Is Hoss jr. that big already[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Kinda looks like Hitler's long lost great grandchild[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-30-2007, 02:57 AM
Quad Patrol

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Trasher

My son is going to Cal Poly so I might be going to Pismo on Thanksgiving also[img][/img]

I haven't been there in years. What's the deal on getting permits/whatnot to camp there? Is it getting any smaller than it was?

What's the deal with crossing the river ? is that still the way to the sand?</end quote></div>

If your thinking about going check out reserve america and reserve your spots, Might be gone by now[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] If they are, let me know, might be able to find one for you[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I checked here, Beach looks full. Found a couple here;

availabilityat Pismo

My nephew is also going to Cal Poly. This will be his 3rd year joining us for some bird[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Anyways, he's a geek (Computer Science Major) and very proud of it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Pretty much if you want to go camping there, get your reservations early and cancel them (at a fee of $7.50) if you have to. Weekends have been selling out. I think the state only issues 1000 camping spots per day[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] versus unlimited day users. Or at least I've only seen them limit the amount of day users only on the 4th of July. This is because of the firework show.

As far as smaller[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] I guess it depend on how long it's been since since you were last there. Right now, they close off a chunk of it for the Snowy Plower bird. They do remove the restricted area around October. Even though the riding area is smaller than yesteryears, It is still a great place to have family fun in my book[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

As far as the river is concerned, last 3-4 times there the river or actual creek was none existent. It's controlled by man. However, if you go when there is rain, you'll probably see it running. I suggest let someone else take the lead and if it looks good, follow their path[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] If not, watch the next one and so on. Also, check the tide tables and try to enter the beach at low tide or somewhere in between.

If you make it there, I am sure I can find a cold one for you[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-30-2007, 06:29 AM
Pro Rider

THunder and lightning.. WTF? It was clear when i went to bed.

Old 08-30-2007, 07:58 AM
Pro Rider

Good LAWD.

Old 08-30-2007, 11:03 AM
Pro Rider

Lots of good Pismo info there. Thanks so much![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

We move him in next weekend and might go out a check it out while I'm there.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-30-2007, 12:39 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: powerstroke01

Good LAWD.</end quote></div>

88 and rain at 7am. WTF. This is NOT right.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel